What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Dallas

Alex28

Coach
The last ESL player we signed - we bitch about his performance constantly.

The one before it - Lee Jackson?

Hopefully we get this next player from England right...

MrCharisma

Bench
Nathan Blacklock is retiring at the end of this year

Brett Dallas is a woeful signing... you might as well sign me, and I haven't played football since 2004. Seriously, Dallas has done diddly squat... there is a reason why he is leaving Wigan, because they don't want him.

Either find someone else or save the money for next season

aqua_duck

Coach
Trent Salkeld is not 1st grade material, hes a decent stop gap but if he were a regular 1st grade winger he'd be right up there witrh the worst in the comp.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The last ESL player we signed - we bitch about his performance constantly.

The only people bitching about Carney are idiots, and they're not entitled to opinions. :p

Carney's been far better than anyone else in our backline aside from Matt Gidley. Quinn and Carmont aren't fit to lick the mud from his studs.

cram

Bench
CWBush said:
The only people bitching about Carney are idiots, and they're not entitled to opinions. :p

Carney's been far better than anyone else in our backline aside from Matt Gidley. Quinn and Carmont aren't fit to lick the mud from his studs.

Now that conjures up a very funny image....lol

CJKnight

Juniors
Dallas would be a good replacement for Carney... for 1-2 years. Dallas is very similar to Carney in the fact that they are fast and strong... but both come in off their wings in defence... oops.

Maybe just until Uate is wearing the #2 dallas could play... he would probably be leading the tables like Carney is now...

antonius

Coach
CWBush said:

Thanks for that. Carney is a glunk defensively, that's the opinion I'm not entitled to ;-) .

Voice of Reason

Juniors
And for my non-entitlement, of the three Stoogers (Quinn, Carmont AND Carney) I think I'll call Carney Mo! (as in "Wait a Mo I'll have to turn around and chase you as I,m out of position AGAIN). Carney is a deadset liability in defence.

If Smithy is as smart as we make him out to be then Ben Harris will be a knight next year. Harris for some unknown reason (probably the british pound) left the dogs to join Bradford. He is all class that kid. Big and strong.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thanks for that. Carney is a glunk defensively, that's the opinion I'm not entitled to .

And Quinn and Carmont aren't? At least Carney offers something in attack.

CWBush said:

Carney is world class. Quinn and Carmont have never exactly been cause for excitment have they. When you have Brad Tighe and Dustin Cooper in the Premmies you know you are dealing with a coach who clearly plays favourites. Dusty Cooper has never been given the chance. I mean the kid was an origin possible three years back. He killed em at the storm but left cos of the coaching setup at the time.

antonius

Coach
CWBush said:
I have seen Quinn make try saving tackles, I'm struggling to think of any Carney has made, sure Carney has been gifted a heap of trys by Gidley, but it's cancelled out to a big degree by the number he lets in. The best thing about Carney is his metres gained. But yes he's no better than Carmont or Quinn defensively.

antonius

Coach
Newie is God's Country said:
Carney is world class. Quinn and Carmont have never exactly been cause for excitment have they. When you have Brad Tighe and Dustin Cooper in the Premmies you know you are dealing with a coach who clearly plays favourites. Dusty Cooper has never been given the chance. I mean the kid was an origin possible three years back. He killed em at the storm but left cos of the coaching setup at the time.
Tighe has been hard done by I agree, Cooper had a number of chances last year, and didn't measure up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
You'd be hard pressed to find a coach on earth who would choose to have Carmont or Quinn in their side ahead of Brian Carney.

Tighe has been hard done by I agree, Cooper had a number of chances last year, and didn't measure up.

Carmont has never measured up. He periodically has average first grade games about which we all rave, and then returns to being a shoddy defender and unimaginative attacker. Quinn's marginally better.

antonius

Coach
CWBush said:
You'd be hard pressed to find a coach on earth who would choose to have Carmont or Quinn in their side ahead of Brian Carney.

Carmont has never measured up. He periodically has average first grade games about which we all rave, and then returns to being a shoddy defender and unimaginative attacker. Quinn's marginally better.
I never claimed Quinn or Carmont were better than Carney, I simply replied to the claim you made about being an idiot for being critical of Carney, and anyone who was wasn't worth an opinion. Contrary to your claims, Carmont was a world beater on the wing in his first season at the club, that's why he got another contract. Carney has scored 13 trys this season and I reckon has been directly responsible for at least 8 going past him. Most of Carneys trys have been a result of the service he gets from Gidley. He's a good metre eater, and a good finisher.IMO there are better wingers around than Carney.

Latest posts