What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Finch - can you really believe it?

markieboy

Juniors
Finch was on the scrapheap 9 months ago.

Since then:

- Premiership Player
- All Star
- World Club Champion Player

Has anyone witnessed a turnaround in fortunes like this in recent times?

Discuss.

adamkungl

Immortal
Is he playing for Melbourne this year? I thought he was, but a Storm supporting friend of mine claims he is looking for a new club. Seems very odd considering he just played in the WCC

renouf

Juniors
hes still average IMO.. playing in a team of superstars.. it's all setup for him. He does feed some good balls to Inglis/Hoffman.. but other then that hes still a standard first grader.

Noa

First Grade
FOFF were a joke, blinded by their own ideaologies and prejudices that they couldnt see the precious gift, the lethal weapon, the beautiful human being they had at their disposal.

parra_jesus

Juniors
all he has to do is catch , draw and then pass to inglis thats his main job in the team put in a few kicks and make his tackles. doesnt have to be a superstar to do that. if he was a superstar then i think he would of already won a few premierships with the roosters instead of costing them a few. that sai i am not taking anything away from the bloke he deserves to have a ring after all the years of hard work he has put in.

simostorm

Bench
love have Finchy down here.. he's been dam good.. as soon as i heard we signed him last year.. i knew instantly that we'd win the GF again.. thats how early i knew it :)
He added exactly what we needed.

He's good.. and was never apreciated up in Sydney. But thats typical of how
you idiots treat your players.. lol..

Pierced Soul

First Grade
he's probably one of the most maligned players in modern times, but when you look at not only his record of what he's won but also the number of games he's played he's obviously above average.

he's no superstar and cant do things players like prince and thurston can do but he gets his job done. doesnt surprise me he went well at melb, besides the storm having a good setup, bellamy is very good at getting players to play a role that suits a team and he's used finch's skill well to fit in there. look at a lot of other players who've gone to the storm as avergae players and shined

Ike E Bear

Juniors
As an Eels fan, Finch frustrated the hell out of me ... but ultimately it really wasn't his fault. It was the previous coach and club that allowed the situation to arise where Finch had to be relied on to be the creative driver of the team. I don't think he's much of a halfback and his kicking game is very poor. The Storm seem to have identified his true skills, found that those were what they really needed, and don't put additional strain on him by expecting him to perform in spite of his weaknesses. Admitedly, part of the problem at the Eels came about because of the problems with Tim Smith. In the end, I guess it worked out better for everyone ... especially Finchy. Good luck to him.

Johns Magic

Referee
Melbourne and Finch are perfect for each other.

He's a real competitor who is probably not up to leading an entire team on his own at halfback but is more than capable of barking orders to the outside backs and giving them good service while Smith and Cronk do the bulk of the organising.

In most cases, he is a link between Cameron Smith and Greg Inglis.

Can anyone really f**k that up?

On one side you have the best dummy half service in the world and on the other, the most destructive centre.

I mean really, even he said all he needs to do is catch the ball and pass it to GI and he gets a try assist.

FU

Juniors

Since then:

- Premiership Player
- All Star

Discuss.
I can see a turnaround in fortunes like it in recent times - to the Parramatta Eels since he left

LESStar58

Referee

Since then:

- Premiership Player
- All Star

Discuss.

Clint Newton? Rod Silva?

Latest posts