What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Firman?

RABK

Referee
Heard a rumour that the he is asking the Roosters for a release. Also heard that we will be looking at him if he is granted the release.

My personal opinion is that he wouldn't be a good buy, he has shown amazing potential but has had even more injuries then Joey. Could you imagine him with our Rehab staff?

I mean if he was to stay injury free he would be an excellent buy, he reminds me of Joey alot. Strong in every facet of the game but it is a big if.

On top of that with news that we are looking at re-signing Witt and already have Kidley, Mullen, Johns and Campbell is another half really nessecary? If we only have $200,000 to spend then Firman will probally take all that.

Opinions?

Alex28

Coach
he is definately injury prone but the guy has some talent - unfortunately i think we'd be letting him down if we signed him because we simply can't get the best out of him with the resources we have (both if he is injured and in nuturing that talent).

we have spent more than enough money on halves, and we have a talent in Jarrod Mullen than needs developing.

the funds can be better spent elsewhere, like a quality back and a quality front-rower.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I really can't see what we'd do with someone like Firman. He's definitely a good player (but don't believe the rumours that Head 'forced' him out during his injury, it was a matter of Head simply being better), but why do we need another five eighth?

Johns is going to be here for a while yet, and Mullen is a player of the future. Even without Mullen, I'd still look at Dureau as a future first grader.

RABK

Referee
Johns is going to be here for a while yet

Just over 12 months. 2006 will be his swan song, i hope i'm wrong because i believe that in 2007 we will have a team that Johns will be capable of taking to the title.

Misanthrope

Staff member
i hope i'm wrong because i believe that in 2007 we will have a team that Johns will be capable of taking to the title.

I agree. As dead wood goes out and our considerably talented junior crop develops, we'll return to some of the form we've all become accustomed to seeing

chriswalkerbush said:
I agree. As dead wood goes out and our considerably talented junior crop develops, we'll return to some of the form we've all become accustomed to seeing

You's have sold me Kidley would be better as a lock or defensive centre.

Campbell even filling in isnt good if you ask me as I personally dont think that he will ever be first grade standard.

And Mullen to me still seems green though he has talent to burn.....

Maybe Firman for a couple of seasons wouldnt be a bad option hell, he'd be handy even in premier league right?

macavity

Referee
where did you see that we are looking to re-sign Witt...

why the hell would we do that??? he will never be a genuine first-grader. ever.

if they re-sign him it proves they have NFI and must be deposed before they totally fcuck up the club. oh wait a minute....

Witts a waste of space unless his on very minimal dollars and strictly a premier leaguer.
Should be a last priority signing.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Save your money Firman's had one year where he played well in 2003, apart from that he's either been in Premier League or injured. You guys need some new forwards and two quality outside backs.

Why would you want Firman when you already have Kidley and Johns??????

Thought you were picking on me again CBW my apologies for the nasty thoughts.

From the photo's I've seen of you I thought it was u doing the run in on the field sat night!

Its getting to the stage where you have to be smashed to sit through a knights game.... atleast I know its that way for me!

Nuffy

Bench
If Firman wants an opportunity then thats OK, if he wants full price then send him on his way, there is no way he should get a massive contract based on the last few years, if he wants an opportunity then thats different.

We are running a business not a charity, and we have enough full price passengers as it is!

borat

Bench
You are going to have to jag a halfback from somewhere in 12 months time because thgere is no way that Campbell or Kurt Gidley will lead the team around the field effectively in 2007.

borat

Bench
I think you will find he has only had 1 major injury that is a broken leg in 04. I wouldn't read too much into Sticky not giving him a run at the Roosters beacsue he wouldn't be the first player to get on the wrong side of him and the Finch/Firman combination was never going to work.

Matt23

Staff member
Soward's out for the rest of the season...Firman still might have a role to play with the goosters after all.

Latest posts