What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris to the centres

btmcdermott

Juniors
It seems that Morris doesn't get enough ball on the wing. Especially from backline plays.
I would love to see Vidot play wing outside Morris playing centre. Morris could even defend as a winger but just in attack it would help us a lot.

TruSaint

Referee
Cant see it champ.
BMoz is the best finisher in the game.
Hes a winger, who also does a lot of work from dummy half.
When our halves and centres are decided, he will see a lot more ball.
We all want that .

btmcdermott

Juniors
Yeh I understand, but playing centre doesn't limit dummy half running. It just means he is playing one in which means he will get a lot more ball. Especially considering the quality of our centres atm.

TruSaint

Referee
Indeed.
However I am not in favour of moving a tried and tested player to fill a current void.
Beale will slot into centres, not sure as to how long Coops can play anymore.
Time will tell.
We agree on one thing. BMoz needs to get more ball, and quality ball at that.
Cheers

btmcdermott

Juniors
Vidot hasn't had a go at centre yet.
If we sign a halfback there will be Farrell, Chase, and Beale fighting over the centre spot.
You never know unless u try it.. Inglis was great at centre and then exploded when he went to fb - so he could get more ball.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Our left hand side attack is pretty wonky at the moment, last game we were playing with no 5/8, a winger, an outside centre and an inside centre... but With only the one week of training with that combination we did look more likely to score than we have for a long time.

hardbaby

Coach
The whole backline is stuffed. Average go-forward, poor halves and slow centres. Recipe for disaster. They try hard and defend well but there is no space, no structure, no tactical nouse. While we lack quality in certain positions I look firmly at Price and ask one question. What the f**k are you doing?

redbreed

Juniors
Bmoz is a winger. When we have a good halfback and centre playing well bmoz will see plenty of good ball and score plenty of tries.

TheRev

Coach
At one point last night im sure BMoz was standing at Centre with Green outside him, anyone else notice that? 2nd time ive seen Green moved to the Wing.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Brett Morris to the cutters.

Teach him how to score tries again.

possm

Coach
He is the best left winger in the NRL; leave him there. Just get him the ball with some room to move and watch him score tries against any other Club.

I don't know why this is not in Price's game plan

nrlnrl

First Grade
No way, he's one of the best at bringing the ball out of his own 20 & does this at club & rep level from dummy half. This is so important & has a double impact of gaining metres plus making less metres for teammates ( especially forwards ) to make it back & this effort can take its toll especially in the 2nd half. He's great under the high ball & safe in defence.

Oh yeah, he goes alright at scoring tries too. In fact I'd rate him the best finisher in the game & any time he has a 50/50 chance inside the 20 you'd back him because of his size, strength & speed.

There's no doubting Vidot has some positives, but he's going to be a backup winger or have to find another spot ( forwards or centre ) if he wants to play first grade with the Dragons.

TheRev

Coach
BMoz and Flo are fantastic wingers, magic finishers, its really just a flat out shame our centres and 5/8 have been so bad these past few years that we really dont get to utilise those winger skills.

But the difference in class between then and Dugen is very noticable when they run the ball back, its quite rare for either BMoz or Flo to break tackles, they are always dangerous or there to take an offload, but def a tier below in the freak-stakes.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
I've said this before but for this season I believe flo should be playing centre and vidot on the wing. I think it was very easy to see we struggled without vidot's metres coming out of our own end on the weekend

nrlnrl

First Grade
I've said this before but for this season I believe flo should be playing centre and vidot on the wing. I think it was very easy to see we struggled without vidot's metres coming out of our own end on the weekend

noooooooooo !

we have the best back 3 in the comp, why do people want to mess with it ? Nightingale & Morris are wingers - they are happiest playing there as well.

Lethal25

Juniors
I'd only consider moving Brett to the centres if Weyman can replace him on the wing!!!! Spoke to Price and he reckons Weyman's no good under the high ball so looks like it'll never happen

Cagey Mac

Bench
Problem solved if and when jmoz returns as is flagged
Brett will get plenty of ball or there will be brotherly punch ups at Christmas dinner