What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
@Tigerm
Tim Johannssen
is a 22-year-old prop who recently made his NRL debut for Wests Tigers in the Round 22 match against the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval.
Big things are apparently in order for this guy.
I'm going to have to watch that game if I can stream it on fox as I was in hospital at the time. Did he play many minutes? Go alright?

Tiger Ted

Bench
@Tigerm
Tim Johannssen
is a 22-year-old prop who recently made his NRL debut for Wests Tigers in the Round 22 match against the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval.
Big things are apparently in order for this guy.
I'm going to have to watch that game if I can stream it on fox as I was in hospital at the time. Did he play many minutes? Go alright?
His brother Noah is on bench for our Flegg team

Tigerm

Coach
TIGERS MEET WITH DRAGONS GUN

The Tigers have reportedly met with Dragons gun Jack Bird, expressing their interest in signing the versatile star on a multi-year contract.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting Benji Marshall is in the midst of a roster rebuild armed with $2 million in salary cap space.

Bird reportedly has permission to sit down with rival clubs despite taking up a mutual option to remain at the Red V club in 2025.

Shane Flanagan and Dragons powerbrokers reportedly won’t stand in his way if he finds another contract and are unable to sign him beyond the 2025 season.

While Flanagan reportedly wants to retain him next year, Bird has reportedly garnered interest from a number of clubs after he was granted permission to test the market.

Bird has the ability to play in the forwards, five-eighth and also in the centres with a wealth of experience across 154 games.

Speaking on Wednesday, Marshall explained he is looking to add some experienced figures to his squad, having cap space cleared by the loss of Stefano Utoikamanu to the Storm next year.

“Part of my job as coach and Richo’s as CEO is finding ways to improve and find out what that is,” Marshall said.

“But I think we have a good batch of young guys coming through and what we need is some experience around them a little bit. But we are happy with where we are going.”

Nutz

Bench
They r deadset kidding showing interest in the injury prone has-been.This has got to b fake news
After signing a big winger and shoring up some lower grade players you would think anything left in the war chest would go towards a middle fwd but sadly there is nuppin left :(

WA Tiger

Bench
TIGERS MEET WITH DRAGONS GUN

The Tigers have reportedly met with Dragons gun Jack Bird, expressing their interest in signing the versatile star on a multi-year contract.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting Benji Marshall is in the midst of a roster rebuild armed with $2 million in salary cap space.

Bird reportedly has permission to sit down with rival clubs despite taking up a mutual option to remain at the Red V club in 2025.

Shane Flanagan and Dragons powerbrokers reportedly won’t stand in his way if he finds another contract and are unable to sign him beyond the 2025 season.

While Flanagan reportedly wants to retain him next year, Bird has reportedly garnered interest from a number of clubs after he was granted permission to test the market.

Bird has the ability to play in the forwards, five-eighth and also in the centres with a wealth of experience across 154 games.

Speaking on Wednesday, Marshall explained he is looking to add some experienced figures to his squad, having cap space cleared by the loss of Stefano Utoikamanu to the Storm next year.

“Part of my job as coach and Richo’s as CEO is finding ways to improve and find out what that is,” Marshall said.

“But I think we have a good batch of young guys coming through and what we need is some experience around them a little bit. But we are happy with where we are going.”

Now we’re talking ..Bird still has it
This is a good signing.. He’s a tough boy which is what we need .and he has plenty of ability .. . We can’t always expect the top players. We have to take this route some times. Him and Luai could be the spark needed.
Keep those backs coming

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Now we’re talking ..Bird still has it
This is a good signing.. He’s a tough boy which is what we need .and he has plenty of ability .. . We can’t always expect the top players. We have to take this route some times. Him and Luai could be the spark needed.
Keep those backs coming
Bird is the type of signing that your club has made for the last 20 years....that's not a good thing