What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett's in awful trouble

coolsteve

Juniors
chins up, boys.thats not too bad. was expecting more. so we lose to the bronc`s and have everyone except stewart and lussic back 1st week in finals.gives them a fresh up

coolsteve

Juniors
robertson ( 0 weeks) foran (1 WEEK) brett stewart (1 week) lussic (3 weeks) glen stewart (3-5 weeks) according to fox sport

afinalsin666

First Grade
Just curious, if either of our teams win the first week, does the second week count as a week off in the suspension? Considering we'll be going straight to the prelim. I wouldn't think so, but i really don't know. Answers?

ceagle

Bench
Just curious, if either of our teams win the first week, does the second week count as a week off in the suspension? Considering we'll be going straight to the prelim. I wouldn't think so, but i really don't know. Answers?
Nope, Blair doesn't have a chance to play again this year anyway since he will miss 2 weeks with the striking charge, I highly doubt he will get away with only 1 week for the contrary conduct charge.

Blair and Stewart are gone for the season . . Snake should be too for his dog act running in straight at Blairs head . . but 325 points less a few discounts means he'll get a week or so to rest up. How big a sook is Lussink . . nothing in Hinchcliff's accidental elbow and he goes the biff . . Built like Tarzan . . plays like Jane . . thinks like Cheetah . . big girl!

eagles4eva

First Grade
Blair and Stewart are gone for the season . . Snake should be too for his dog act running in straight at Blairs head . . but 325 points less a few discounts means he'll get a week or so to rest up. How big a sook is Lussink . . nothing in Hinchcliff's accidental elbow and he goes the biff . . Built like Tarzan . . plays like Jane . . thinks like Cheetah . . big girl!

Maybe he should be more like Creagh and run away....

drago brelli

Bench
Maybe if some of those Manly dopes had Creagh's view on how far violent acts takes you and the team they wouldn't have wrecked Manly's chances of winning the comp. Creagh and Glenn Stewart were in the same Illawarra junior teams. They would never fight each other. Surley the most disappointed player must be Matai. All those mug shots in today's Tele and he wasn't amongst them.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Maybe if some of those Manly dopes had Creagh's view on how far violent acts takes you and the team they wouldn't have wrecked Manly's chances of winning the comp. Creagh and Glenn Stewart were in the same Illawarra junior teams. They would never fight each other. Surley the most disappointed player must be Matai. All those mug shots in today's Tele and he wasn't amongst them.

Yeah, Matai must be clearly upset about being excluded, FFS...:roll::roll:

ceagle

Bench
Stewart still has a shot at playing this year

Glen was older . . Brett is the same age as Ben Creagh and played in the same rep teams . . Ben for University and Brett for Wests . . Brett was one of the most disliked players . . one year even his own team mates beat him up (so rumour has it) . . was never wanted in the area past junior years . . not changed much really today . . .

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Brett but not Glenn. Glenn will probably get 6 weeks.

I'll tip 3 weeks maximum. On what basis does he get 6 weeks?
If you isolate the incident and take out all the other crap that went on around it (ie. players running in and an all in brawl) it was just 2 blokes going toe to toe. I've seen that happen every weekend of the competition. Hell, in Origin its downright applauded.
Fair enough they should not have gone on with it after being sent to the bin but 6 weeks for that?? They got sent off for the game and their fight and act should be completely excluded from the ensuing actions of other players.
Stewart 2 weeks, Blair 4 weeks (with his second charge).
Otherwise every player that starts throwing punches in the NRL needs to sit out a week minimum.

silverfox

Juniors
charges that get referred straight to the panel are usually graded higher than a grade 5 (5 weeks). Glenn isnt a clean skin either so hence the loading he will also get.

scarcev

Juniors
Regardless of Stewarts suspension (talking about the Dog Stewart who ran 30m with a cheap shot not the other one who went toe to toe), he will be out for a few with a knee injury anyway says his physio and will playing the rest of the season pretty busted so karma is a biatch.........

Nice Beaver

First Grade
charges that get referred straight to the panel are usually graded higher than a grade 5 (5 weeks). Glenn isnt a clean skin either so hence the loading he will also get.

Well we'll find out Wednesday night I guess. 5 weeks or more for a punch up would be a bloody travesty.
Bloody hell, for what Stewart and Blair actually did in the second blue if they get 4+ weeks its turning into handbags at 20 paces.:crazy:

Well we'll find out Wednesday night I guess. 5 weeks or more for a punch up would be a bloody travesty.
Bloody hell, for what Stewart and Blair actually did in the second blue if they get 4+ weeks its turning into handbags at 20 paces.:crazy:

It's got more to do with the act of fighting ONCE playes had been already sent to the Sin Bin. How hard is it for people to understand that. It wasn't just going toe to toe during game time.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It's got more to do with the act of fighting ONCE playes had been already sent to the Sin Bin. How hard is it for people to understand that. It wasn't just going toe to toe during game time.

Its not difficult to understand at all actually. I just think that getting 4+ weeks and missing the opportunity of a Grand Final for a punch up is bullshit. For either player.
Neither player hit the other when they weren't looking or fouled the other so game on.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Whatever happens with Glenn and Darcy I hope the club cops it on the chin and don't distract themselves like Melbourne did in '08 with Cam Smith.

firechild

First Grade
Brett has been confirmed as returning for week 1 of the finals. That should get the Donkeys and Dragqueens fans squealing.

Latest posts