What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett's in awful trouble

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
look at the 1:40 mark. best angle...and brett stewart is going to be in trouble for rushing in and throwing a punch. thats the single his that actually connected on the face and brought blair down.

he is in trouble.

at 1:40 Brett is not even in frame... your best angle also shows his arm is fully out stretched and straight. You try hitting someone with a staight arm you douche. that's at 1:41-2

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hahahaha. Haha. Hahaha.

Some Storm fans are seriously deluded. No team is able to get away with wanton violence and bringing the game into disrepute. Not even one that has...brought the game into disrepute before, through salary cap cheating and wrestling techniques.

Honestly, you believe any other club would get away with what went on last night? Seriously? I love my club but I wouldn't be so blind to think something like this should be completely forgiven.

For example: My club got docked 2 points in 1995 for making one too many interchanges. They also got docked four points in 2006 for the previous year's salary cap indescretions. Both years, we missed out on the finals because of it. We copped it. We deserved it.

Yet you're victims. Please.

Not really intending to have a crack at you mate, but the bit about if it was your club etc got me thinking

Kevin Campion is still considered a tough man and people talk about what a great fight he had knocking out Webcke, while Webcke had his arms being held behind his back by PJ Marsh and someone else

I have watched this incident numerous times today, I wish I could get hold of this other footage that people seem to have of the 5 people punching Blair on the ground etc

My view on it, Blair and Stewart are the obvious culprits
Behind them, Lussicks shots were cheap as Blair was on the ground, on about the same level as Blair throwning uppercuts into him in the initial blue. He should find himself in strife
Brett Stewart, imo, looks worse than it was. Thaiday would be retired if that sort of action earns a couple of weeks.

Foran, Robertson, Watmough, did nothing more than get there the quickest and try and stop the blue, just like in the stand up fight when all the players came flying in to try and pull them apart

The ironic thing about it all, is Glenn Stewart didn't throw a punch in the initial fight, all he did was pull Blair out of it after his cheaps shots, and got marched for it

jbl31649

Juniors
Hi, I'm a Warriors fan. I have no agenda in all of this.

Brett didn't hit? Haha, oh man. Wake up. Those 4 dogs that raced up in the second instant to put a few on Blair deserve a small skate at least. It is fine to run up and defend G.Stewart, but it is not alright for one person to pin Blair while another 2 lay into him. That's a pack beating.

And who threw the first punch in the second wave? Stewart did. Who threw it in the first wave? Lussick did. Give me a break if you want to completely absolve Manly of any wrong-doing.

I get the feeling Gallop is going to be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't again...along with the judiciary. Any harsh penalties will be seen by Storm fans especially and to a lesser extent Manly as further picking on them.

Oh there you go, someone said it two posts above me. Any club that cheats the cap, and gets involved in an ugly all-in brawl, is a victim. Get off it.

Who through the first punch? Guess an elbow to the head doesn't classify as a punch. Second phase Blair provoked Glen, no doubt with reference to Brett and his previous indiscretions.

Simple Glen and Blair 1 week with fines for disrepute. Brett and Hinchcliffe 2-3 weeks one for foul play the other for running in to a fight.

Both clubs cop reasonable fines, we move on.

blacklock

Juniors
at 1:40 Brett is not even in frame... your best angle also shows his arm is fully out stretched and straight. You try hitting someone with a staight arm you douche. that's at 1:41-2
you pinhead. thats your issue? that i mistyped it lol yes its 1:41. he still connects and it connected. thats why blair crumples to the floor at that point holding his head.

i dont quite get why riled you up to write the post the way you did hehe.

in any case...its not up to us to judge. the review committee will be the ones to charge. end of story (and i bet he is in trouble)

btw... if youre RUNNING and you hang out an arm thats tensed up..you can knock someone out. get one of your buddies to try it on you if youre such a man :) might knock ur brain back into action.

IMO the cheapest shot on Blair was Lussick having a crack at him whilst he was on the ground...Blair and Stewart will go but Lussick wont get off either.

The Rosco

Bench
Who through the first punch? Guess an elbow to the head doesn't classify as a punch. Second phase Blair provoked Glen, no doubt with reference to Brett and his previous indiscretions.

So let's get this right.
Without doubt, you know what Blair said to Stewart. And it was all about poor old Brett. :crazy:

Snap out of it man !!

It was extremely dogful for 5 players to run in like they did. If you defend their actions, then there is no point having a rational discussion with you, because you are FuXXed in the head.
It's a shame the refs didn't have a big enough pair to send 3 or 4 to the bin. After all, the emphasis is ALWAYS on those that run a distance to join a fight. ALWAYS. . . . except of course, this time. :lol:

But of course you manly folk will see any punishment dished out as picking on the northern beaches boys.
Brettie should get 4 weeks. even though he was defending his brother.
The others that ran more than 1/2 a metre to join in should get 1-3 weeks.
But I bet they don't.
And then next week, Dessie will be in the papers whining like a biatch about how hard done by his team is.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
It doesn't really matter what all the supporters say will happen, this whole incident will be trial by media. Hadley and his crew were on about it today and no doubt Channel 9 will have a bit to say about it tomorrow, then what all the papers say. Sadly if that is the case Gallop will have his hand forced.

I think there were some really dumb things done by dumb players in the game. It doesn't matter who started it because it will come down to how the NRL decides to finish it. Maybe points come off both teams and this hands Brisbane a minor premiership.

I don't mind seeing a bit of biff, in fact, I was hoping to see who would win out of Stewart and Blair, what I don't like is what happened with the other Manly guys joining in as they did on the second occasion...first blue it was all OK in my opinion as it was all close by.

Obviously as the name implies a support another team and I hope for your sake and the sake of Melbourne the punishment isn't too severe but I think you are both in for a shock...lets hope I am wrong but this whole incident could spoil what was heading to a great final series. I actually saw you both playing the GF, this might still happen!!!

Good luck...

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
you pinhead. thats your issue? that i mistyped it lol yes its 1:41. he still connects and it connected. thats why blair crumples to the floor at that point holding his head.

i dont quite get why riled you up to write the post the way you did hehe.

in any case...its not up to us to judge. the review committee will be the ones to charge. end of story (and i bet he is in trouble)

btw... if youre RUNNING and you hang out an arm thats tensed up..you can knock someone out. get one of your buddies to try it on you if youre such a man :) might knock ur brain back into action.

wrong again... He is on his feet until Foran drags him to the ground. He ducks and puts his hands over his head long before dropping to the the ground. He hits the shoulder... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk83bOsoLOc 6:49. There is clear gaps between his fingers in front of Blair's face. His arm is straight. 6:50 his arm is on his shoulder. Blair is still standing with his hands above his head at 6:51 until Foran starts to pulls him down at 6:52.

Why am I riled. Because there are a number of false statements made about the incident. It's an ugly incident. Frankly, the players involved should have used some restraint, but Blair is w*nker who stirs up so much on the field and gets away with it. Gift is not a 'gifted' figher, I'd be running in to defend him as well. Melbourne should be glad to be losing Blair. He is a liability.

Furthermore, the offiicials have plenty to answer for. That incident never should have escalated and I'm still lost to why Stewart was binned in the first place for not throwing a punch and being held by Blair even after the ref tells him to release. You can see Stewart is trying to pull away at about 40-43 seconds.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
So let's get this right.
Without doubt, you know what Blair said to Stewart. And it was all about poor old Brett. :crazy:

Snap out of it man !!

It was extremely dogful for 5 players to run in like they did. If you defend their actions, then there is no point having a rational discussion with you, because you are FuXXed in the head.
It's a shame the refs didn't have a big enough pair to send 3 or 4 to the bin. After all, the emphasis is ALWAYS on those that run a distance to join a fight. ALWAYS. . . . except of course, this time. :lol:

But of course you manly folk will see any punishment dished out as picking on the northern beaches boys.
Brettie should get 4 weeks. even though he was defending his brother.
The others that ran more than 1/2 a metre to join in should get 1-3 weeks.
But I bet they don't.
And then next week, Dessie will be in the papers whining like a biatch about how hard done by his team is.

Melbourne's entire team and bench should go then on that basis. They all ran in.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Brett Stewart, imo, looks worse than it was. Thaiday would be retired if that sort of action earns a couple of weeks.

Foran, Robertson, Watmough, did nothing more than get there the quickest and try and stop the blue, just like in the stand up fight when all the players came flying in to try and pull them apart

The ironic thing about it all, is Glenn Stewart didn't throw a punch in the initial fight, all he did was pull Blair out of it after his cheaps shots, and got marched for it

I've got to admit, I haven't seen the footage since. But I remember Stewart laying into Blair on the ground with him pinned back? That couldn't possibly look worse to me..and I've heard a lot of 'defending your brother' stuff since, and it doesn't hold water for me.

I don't want anyone in this to get more than a week. I don't think it's deserved of missing finals matches. But the clubs need to be hit for that ugly sideline stuff which brought the game into disrepute.

And according to the DT (shaky source, I know), Blair said 'let's get it on' and pushed Stewart whilst they were walking off? Further proof he's a dog, and one that's going to give Tigers fleas for the money they spent for him.

Guvner

First Grade
A number of players are going here. G.Stewart and Blair no doubt and for a few. If the NRL are serious about their "Third man in" all of the Manly players that charged over have to get decent suspensions as well. Brett Stewart and Lussick the worst of them. The Storm players that came off the bench, I believe Waqa and Norrie, should get similar to those that ran 30m to escalate it.

cleary89

Coach
Glenn and blair will get 3. Snake will get 2. Lussick will get 2. Storm will cop a bigger fine than manly.

ceagle

Bench
Glenn and blair will get 3. Snake will get 2. Lussick will get 2. Storm will cop a bigger fine than manly.
I wish it was only this but the media witch hunt will ensure that all players involved will be getting 4-6 weeks.

MSIH

Bench
Yeah Stewart and Blair will be rubbed out for sure for the year.

Lussick, Foran, Watmough and Robertson will all probably cop 1-3.

Go the Hawks.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Listen to Lewis' commentary on the send off from the sideline. Hopefully his view will be taken into consideration.