What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Please go we've had enough.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Twizzle said:
I still thnik Sideshow has a bit to offer us. He is strong and can get over the line.

Its not as tho we have a lot of choices at the moment.

I don't want Kraptiverata back on the wing.

If not sideshow, who do you suggest would give us more, Lyon.
Don't replace Sideshow. Maybe we would just be better off playing with 12.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Kornstar said:
The only reason we lifted our game in the second half is because we were booed off the field!!!!! If i was a proffesional footballer and my fans booed me off the field i would come out firing in the second half too........

From watching it on Fox I got the impression the Ref and Touchies were getting the boos.

The Cowboys being down to 15, missing a hooker and a center (with their 5/8 moving out to cover that spot) for the entire second half probably had a bit to do with the Cowboys not playing as well as they did in the first 40 minutes.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
BD5733 said:
PARRA_FAN said:
Once again Witt got Parramatta back in the game in PL to draw with Newtown 30-30 after coming from behind 24-6. He is playing so well, get him in first grade for christ sakes. At least he is playing than Dykes and Wagon.

If any of you watched PL tonight maybe you wouldve seen how good he played. Dykes is hopless and is not an organising halfback. Bullsh*tt Witt is not the answer he at least will pass out wide and create something.

The Bias metre is going off big time here.

1 He didn't get us back in the game at all
2 Why isn't Witt being criticised for letting the game get away from us in the first place, single members of the first grade squad are being blamed. Newtown had only won 1 game all year and our prem lge squad is very strong.
3 While watching the game, did you turn away during defence? He missed around 10 tackles while defending in the centres.
4 Dykes has been one of our best players this year, he didn't do anything amazing last night, but was far from 'disgraceful'

Witt hasn't been playing poorly in premier league, and if Dykes wasn't playing well he would be in the top grade. But he definately hasn't show any type of form that warrants an immediate promotion.

Ok, what did you see in that PL game, from what Ive read it seems like you saw nothing.

Missed 10 tackles??? So not only do you have to rely on him to make breaks, kick goals and have a good kicking game, but make good tackles. :roll:

There was one bit where he missed a tackle, but the marker at the play the ball shouldve got him. Dont blame Witt for every time theres a mistake in PL. Do you blame him for when Kativerata drops the ball.

Newtown performed really well i thought, Witt didnt do too bad in the first half, but played heaps better in the second half. He was involved in nearly every try they scored, what more do you want him to do??? :?

Dykes far from disgraceful???, you had to be in the grandstand to see how pathetic he played, the only good thing he did was put that kick up for Grothe. But my question was, why didnt he do that sort of thing earlier???

He didnt read the play well enough, and kept running sideways and didnt give it out wide enough. He is not a halfback.

The Colonel

Immortal
In the first half Dykes and McKinnon were playing lone hands IMO. Thorman was out of his depth - I have said it before and I will say it again that ESL is miles behind the NRL. He needs time to develop in first division. Yes he played out of position however he was given an opportunity and if he really WANTED it enough he would have grabbed it with both hands.

I agree that Witt deserves a chance. He hasn't been playing great however he can't be any worse than what has been on offer over the recent weeks. A combination of Dykes and Witt would go along way to fixing the lack of direction that we have. If not Witt than Dykes has to be moved to number six straight away.

Smith needs to play players in their rightful positions and inject some enthusiasm that is lacking. Thankfully a player like Hopkins is back but Graham, Ben Smith, Mateo, Pai, Gruszka and Curtis need to be seriously considered for us to be back on track. Hell, its worked for other clubs - why not take the gamble.

Kornstar

Coach
I can tell you for sure that the boo's that you heard on Fox were indeed for the players, it was a dismal effort and as they were walking off they were booed, Hindy happened to walk off after the rest of the players and he got an applause but i can tell you from being there that the boo's were for the players and everyone where i was sitting was hoping that we could get all the P\L team out there to play instead because they seemed to actually want to be playing the game........

Whats the go with McKinnon? He's a Souths reject for godness sake, why do we need never will be's like him?
Bloody Burt was going great at Fullback so now Sookie Lyon and Walkinginjury Vaealiki is gone we move one of our form players out of position. Why not bring up a PL Centre or even someone from JF? Thats why teams like the Broncos and Bulldogs are always going well coz they give young players a go, the thoery at Parramatta is leave them in the celler for a few seasons 1st and play has beens in front of them then when we need them they have gone else where for a chance to play top grade.
The problem is not all Smith it is the whole culture of the club they have been like it since the late '80's and unless the whole club culture changes we will also runs for ever.

WA Eel

Juniors
Dykes runs sideways because when he gets the ball at first receiver, he doesn't have a second receiver to pass it to.....

The Colonel

Immortal
parra-matters said:
Whats the go with McKinnon? He's a Souths reject for godness sake, why do we need never will be's like him?

I agree we need to play some of the players from PL and JF to inject some much needed enthusiaism however I disagree with your opinion on McKinnon. I thought he was one of our better players in the first half. He put his body on the line and carted the ball back hard and straight almost every time. Burt has been good but not spectacular and I believe he should be taking Petersen's spot on the wing if anything.

BD5733

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
BD5733 said:
PARRA_FAN said:
Once again Witt got Parramatta back in the game in PL to draw with Newtown 30-30 after coming from behind 24-6. He is playing so well, get him in first grade for christ sakes. At least he is playing than Dykes and Wagon.

If any of you watched PL tonight maybe you wouldve seen how good he played. Dykes is hopless and is not an organising halfback. Bullsh*tt Witt is not the answer he at least will pass out wide and create something.

The Bias metre is going off big time here.

1 He didn't get us back in the game at all
2 Why isn't Witt being criticised for letting the game get away from us in the first place, single members of the first grade squad are being blamed. Newtown had only won 1 game all year and our prem lge squad is very strong.
3 While watching the game, did you turn away during defence? He missed around 10 tackles while defending in the centres.
4 Dykes has been one of our best players this year, he didn't do anything amazing last night, but was far from 'disgraceful'

Witt hasn't been playing poorly in premier league, and if Dykes wasn't playing well he would be in the top grade. But he definately hasn't show any type of form that warrants an immediate promotion.

Ok, what did you see in that PL game, from what Ive read it seems like you saw nothing.

Missed 10 tackles??? So not only do you have to rely on him to make breaks, kick goals and have a good kicking game, but make good tackles. :roll:

There was one bit where he missed a tackle, but the marker at the play the ball shouldve got him. Dont blame Witt for every time theres a mistake in PL. Do you blame him for when Kativerata drops the ball.

Newtown performed really well i thought, Witt didnt do too bad in the first half, but played heaps better in the second half. He was involved in nearly every try they scored, what more do you want him to do??? :?

Dykes far from disgraceful???, you had to be in the grandstand to see how pathetic he played, the only good thing he did was put that kick up for Grothe. But my question was, why didnt he do that sort of thing earlier???

He didnt read the play well enough, and kept running sideways and didnt give it out wide enough. He is not a halfback.

1 Yes I do think he should also make tackles, apparently making tackles is a pretty major part of rugby league

2 I didnt blame Witt for anything, in fact I said he hasn't been playing poorly at all. My point here was Dykes is being criticised cos the first grade team is going crap, but Witt isn't being criticised(he is being credited!) and out PL team is going crapper than 1st grade.

3 Again, if he is apparently is in the type of form that warrants a 1st grade call up, he should probably start with winning games in the PL.

4 I do sit in the grandstand

Y2Eel

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
I agree we need to play some of the players from PL and JF to inject some much needed enthusiaism however I disagree with your opinion on McKinnon. I thought he was one of our better players in the first half. He put his body on the line and carted the ball back hard and straight almost every time. Burt has been good but not spectacular and I believe he should be taking Petersen's spot on the wing if anything.

Mckinnon is crap at fullback his positional play has been terrible on our goal line going back to sharks game when kimmorly put that kick up where was mckinnon he should have been reading the play and been there to take the catch but he didnt show any urgency which is needed to be a good fullback wich he will never have.... but agree with moving burt out to the wing and pissing off the clown...

parra pete

Referee
Deja Moo: The feeling you've heard this bull before.
If you think Dykes is going crap, you must have very high expectations. Without a doubt, the ONLY player who can create a try...and has done it consistently. Do you knockers watch a different game to me? #-o #-o #-o

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
PARRA_FAN said:

nah mate, i sit behind the posts and i could see him bombing tries :lol: 8) ;-)

Latest posts