What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Smith Quits

Danish

Referee
God i hope the Eels go on a 5 game winning streak....

Will make for excellent viewing on the Footy show with Cheif trying to play down the fact Brian Smith is a sh*te coach.

mattyg

Bench
haha, he broke up the eels best combination (grothe/tahu) last weekend just because SBW was on the other side..no wonder eels are going nowhere this year

Iafeta

Referee
Holy smokes.

That is a shock. Who's the replacement coach, considering JT is on his way out too?

Perhaps a certain D Anderson to be lured back from Saints?

LESStar58

Referee
Miss Eagle said:
well its been 9 years too long

so has he quit or did fitzy fire him?

Fitzy, like the merkin that he is, went and hired Hagan behind Smith's back and said that he wasn't needed.

smith has quit the club and I think it's good for him. Whats the point of hanging around if you aren't getting anywhere. Doubt he's getting any support from the board at Parra either.

Best of luck, SMithy. Hopefully the Eels continue to sink into the funk in which they are already mired so far this year!

Danish

Referee
Iafeta said:
Holy smokes.

That is a shock. Who's the replacement coach, considering JT is on his way out too?

Perhaps a certain D Anderson to be lured back from Saints?

Well he only needs to control it for the rest of the year till Hagan turns up.

Taylor doesnt seem like the type of bloke who would just cruise through the year because he is leaving. Only grumpy old men do that.

Sharkie™

Juniors
well didnt see that comming. ahhh well its confirmed on foxsports aswell best of luck to him, dont blame him on leaving like its already been said because he knew so early he wasnt going to be hanging around it must have been a lost cause to him.

DJ1

Juniors
As predicted in my pre-season evaluation of the then second favourites for this season.

Parramatta - Probably have the 2nd best roster in the NRL. Have shown they have the ability to destroy any side on their day. Parramatta cannot win this year because of the Brian Smith issue. The situation will progressively get worse throughout the season with Smith exiting before the finals get here. The Choking culture is still alive and well.

Source: The Kennel

El Diablo

Post Whore
LESStar58 said:
Fitzy, like the merkin that he is, went and hired Hagan behind Smith's back and said that he wasn't needed.

smith has quit the club and I think it's good for him. Whats the point of hanging around if you aren't getting anywhere. Doubt he's getting any support from the board at Parra either.

Best of luck, SMithy. Hopefully the Eels continue to sink into the funk in which they are already mired so far this year!

lol

what a load of tripe

make it up as we go along, do we?

Eelectrica

Referee
Just got home from work, walked in the front door and the news announcer said words to the effect of "More details later on the NRL coach who resigned."
I said "It'll be Brian Smith for sure"
Not surprised to learn my assumption is correct.

Miss Eagle

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
Just got home from work, walked in the front door and the news announcer said words to the effect of "More details later on the NRL coach who resigned."
I said "It'll be Brian Smith for sure"
Not surprised to learn my assumption is correct.

well your team didnt play too badly against the mutts yesterday

i just thought that a win for parra was just around the corner but unfortunatley this brian smith saga has probably set your team going backwards even further