What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brilliant Hayne article

hindy111

Post Whore
good news for Parra-Ricky is an absalute moron-Considering our halves are the weakest in nsw history you would assume Hayne would be the perfect addition-If we had johns and fitler than i would of understood dugan.He is probably a little safer.But he has been rewarded for last years good form-This year he has not been in the top5 fullbacks

spiderdan

Bench
a fit gordon would have been right up there for a wing spot and probably unlucky to miss out. has definitely been in good form since the start of last year at the very least.

ricky stuart surprises me that he doesn't think having a fullback that can ball play would be an advantage. the dragons won a comp with boyd playing like a 5/8 at the back, slater was regarded the best in the world when he started ball playing from fullback. what he fails to mention is that hayne has to play the main ball player's role for parra as our halfs just don't have what it takes to be the main ball player.

he also doesn't recognise that boyd plays that role for dragons which allows soward to do his thing (which isn't being a great ball player). like i've said before, i rate dugan but even other raiders supporters i know (one who is a mate of stuart's) believe hayne should be the blues fullback.

Wally21

Bench
Gordon has better stats and has been playing in Fullback for Penrith.

Let's give him the Blues spot.

Why don't you go back to basking in the glory that is your wonderful team, with so many stars. you have after all declared yourself as an idiot. fair declaration as far as I can see from the dribble you submit across these forums...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Gordon has better stats and has been playing in Fullback for Penrith.

Let's give him the Blues spot.

Gordon has better stats?

If you mean more meters per game, then sure. Gordon has every fullback in the comp covered (based on Gordon's few games at FB).

If you mean he has better numbers in any other category you're falling short buddy.
Try assists
Line break assists
Tackle Busts
Try saving tackles
kicks in play
kick meters
etc
etc
etc

Fair enough that you were trying to make a stupid point. But stupid is the one who makes a stupid point which is not even true.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he already plays as a 5/8in attack and he already shows composure

I don't see a problem

pedge

Juniors
Yep...He is maturing! Learning how to act as a leader and a team player!
IMO these few lean years will help his a player...
unfortunately, in 2014, he is likely to take his new matured self elsewhere if we cant get our shit together on the field!

born an eel

Bench
I find it interesting that Stuart agrees with most people that he is not a coaches arsehole, as any decent coach would love to have the best players in a team and then mold the style of play and players to suit.

If he has a style in mind that he wants to play, why wouldn't you just say to Jarryd you want him to play a more traditional fullbacks role and run off the halves as opposed to competing with them to control the play.

All I can say is Ricky has put his hand up and anything less then a win will have him under great pressure to hold his spot especially if NSW find it hard to score points. I would go as far as to say, if NSW can't score points, Ricky will be lucky to see out the end of the series.

El Diablo

Post Whore
All I can say is Ricky has put his hand up and anything less then a win will have him under great pressure to hold his spot especially if NSW find it hard to score points. I would go as far as to say, if NSW can't score points, Ricky will be lucky to see out the end of the series.

Ricky said he'd be happy if NSW just win one game

he should never have been picked with that attitude

he is a shit coach anyway and when they get flogged every game game and lose 3-0 then hopefully they f**k him off as coach

Gaffman

Juniors
If he has a style in mind that he wants to play, why wouldn't you just say to Jarryd you want him to play a more traditional fullbacks role and run off the halves as opposed to competing with them to control the play.

Exactly. Hayne is not a moron or beyond taking coaches orders. He plays up in the line for us because WE NEED HIM TO. With 2 (arguably) capable halves running the blues, he could play exactly the style of fullback Ricky wants.

He's played 11 games at Origin level... thats more than anyone else in the chosen squad... more than Gasnier and Gallen! Ricky himself only played 14.

To not even get a spot on the wing is atrocious. Ricky must have something against him. I hope NSW try to call on Hayne later in the series, and Hayne would have every right to tell them to get stuffed.

You'd never see QLD show their elite players this kind treatment. Up there you get REWARDED for busting your arse for your state.

unfortunately, in 2014, he is likely to take his new matured self elsewhere if we cant get our shit together on the field!

This is the first thing that came to my mind last night after the announcement.

As much as others may disagree - I would not be surprised if he looked to move somewhere else.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I

but but but Hayne couldn't do that could he?!?!?!

Oh wait - he did it already AT ORIGIN LEVEL.

Game 3 last season
ran for 200+ meters with 2 line breaks just by running the "fullbacks game"....

DeanPay98

Juniors
It is worth pointing out that before Kearney was appointed, and I think before even DA was sacked, there were some people saying that Ricky should be the Eels coach or that he'd make a good coach here.

The man is clearly an idiot. Aside from the baffling Hayne snub he has picked the most defensive NSW team ever.

All that article really says is that he is a five-eighth. All those stats can still be matched in the 6, especially considering his kick returns are non-threatening these days.

HaHa to 6.

btaag

Juniors
All that article really says is that he is a five-eighth. All those stats can still be matched in the 6, especially considering his kick returns are non-threatening these days.

HaHa to 6.

Joke of a decision to leave him out of the NSW team, but it definitely mentions the elephant in the room - mentions it, douses it in petrol and sets it alight. Hayne should be playing as our 5/8, and ironically Sticky will be the one that makes us better as a result, provided Hayne sees the writing on the wall.

PS - he wont need as much composure in 2012 if Sandow will be the one leading the team around the park.

El Diablo

Post Whore
DannyWeidler_smaller_normal.jpg

Danny_Weidler Danny Weidler

The real reason @jarrydhayne_1 was not picked for the Blues. Nine News six pm.