What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back the Monaghans?

schnitzel

Juniors
Here's a thought: we obviously need to recruit an experienced centre and half/five8. Why not approach Mick and Joel Monaghan who are both being played out of position at their clubs and having an unhappy time in Sydney? Maybe the appointment of Henry, who would've had some involvement with them in the lower grades could get them back in green? We have a better chance of bringing back home grown players than spending overs on Jamie Lyon or Frank pritchard....

We will also be weak at hooker if Germ leaves, so I'd like to see Faiumu teamed up with Withers off the bench.

Raider_69

Post Whore
a few things:

1. both are pretty ordinary imo, havnt been the same since leaving this club

2. i dont buy this experienced halves thing, f**k that right off and throw the youngens in the deep end, they will either sink or swim, i bet swim

3. We could buy better players for the same cash IMO, both monaghans have inflated price tags

4. Souls, your thoughts on joel?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
nah i wouldnt want them back...Joel was an ass on his way out, now the idiot cant even make 1st grade at the roosters, he left cause he wanted to be a rep player...lol.

Raider_69

Post Whore
joel did his knee in pre season and is out for the year.
he have started in FG at the chooks, not sure he will get back in now thou, particular with the wraps on Sa who will probably play wing, and Soliola having now cemented his spot, leaves one wing for Roberts and the other centre possy for Cross... with perrett and mellars fighting joel for first cab off the ranks possy

legend

Coach
Joel was crap in his last year for us and was even worse for the Roosters last year.

Time to move on and forget about the Monaghans.

Timbo

Staff member
I wouldn't pick Joel ahead of:

*Chalk
*Ale
*Frawley
*Howell
*Mogg
*Milne
*Purtell
*Goodwin

In anycase. He had one play: Use his lankyness to reel in Marty's kicks.

Timbo

Staff member
Oh,

And I'd be trying to bring back Marty well before we tried to get Mick Monnas back.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Not a hope in hell. Too much water under that particular bridge.

Now, our boy McLinden...I could get a little more enthusiastic about that one!

SOULS 04

Juniors
my thoughts on joel.

i think he is a disloyal traitor... i understand that people leave teams but i cant stand people who say one thing and then go and do another.

imo it was a blessing that we lost him.... as a centre or winger he is rubbish. he scored alot of tries caus he's tall and the mclinden chip kick across field meant he could outleap blokes and score.

he doesnt have much speed or really any ability to break the line.

i do have a slightly higher wrap on michael though.

edabomb

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Not a hope in hell. Too much water under that particular bridge.

Now, our boy McLinden...I could get a little more enthusiastic about that one!

We seem to agree on most things Tokyo, but I for one am happy Maccas is gone. Too inconsistent to be a half, and not really that great of an impact player of the bench IMO.

As for the Monaghans, they're OK players, just not worth chasing.

Latest posts