What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring on the 9's Tourney already..!~

AceAv

Juniors
New year & much looking improved squad.

I don't know how we'll go in the 9's tourney. I guess no one can really say for sure, but I kinda feel speedy players with a good fend and offload will get the results.

What's everyone's thoughts on who they want to see play for us?

Rules seem really balanced:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league_nines

With whats currently available: My ideal team would be:

Barba (fullback/dummy half)
Hoffman (L wing)
Reed (L center)
Gillette (5'8)
Parker (Lock)
Hunt (DH)
Thaiday (R 2d row)
Kahu (R center)
Oates(R Wing)

(Bench) YY, Granville, Hannant, McGuire

Pretty sure you can just swap out the reserves each game with players like: Drew, Macca, Hala and Glenn

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Cool a nines thread, thanks AceAv!

I think if we had Milford, we would have been in with a chance. I don't think Barba is going to be enough, we have one of the slowest teams (in terms of backs) in the competition.

Should be fun to watch though, looking forward to it.

Snappy

Coach
Yeh it gets footy on our screens earlier, buy all I can see out of this tournament is potential for injuries. If your team wins the 9's comp will anyone really give a toss ?

I hope Barba doesn't play.

Kiwi

First Grade
New year & much looking improved squad.

I don't know how we'll go in the 9's tourney. I guess no one can really say for sure, but I kinda feel speedy players with a good fend and offload will get the results.

What's everyone's thoughts on who they want to see play for us?

Rules seem really balanced:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league_nines

With whats currently available: My ideal team would be:

Barba (fullback/dummy half)
Hoffman (L wing)
Reed (L center)
Gillette (5'8)
Parker (Lock)
Hunt (DH)
Thaiday (R 2d row)
Kahu (R center)
Oates(R Wing)

(Bench) YY, Granville, Hannant, McGuire

Pretty sure you can just swap out the reserves each game with players like: Drew, Macca, Hala and Glenn

the ones in bold oh hell no. Barba is not worth risking, and the other three have only just returned to training, lets not wear out our rep players before round 1 even kicks off with the 9's and trials

AceAv

Juniors
Well it's only like 5 games of 20 mins over 1 weekend. If our rep players need to be wrapped THAT hard in cotton wool, then I have grave concerns for their stamina throughout the season!

Kiwi

First Grade
it's called burnout, the smart thing to do it rest them and barba who had a season ending ankle injury. Look at the Roosters not one world cup player will play in the 9's. Most clubs will follow suit.

I would much rather see some of our young guns running around as well than just run out our top grade squad.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh fair enough if that's the case. -I hope coach gives each star player at least a few minutes on the field

Kiwi

First Grade
I think Gillette, hunt, oates, McGuire and maybe kennedy from our top 17 for sure. Then the likes of Hala, Vidot, Mills, Copely, Dodds, Molo, Strasser, Wallace, Arrow, M Barba, Adams and Granville

That's a good mix of youth and experience. Has a bit of speed and size to it as well.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Thanks for listing Tera.

Strong looking squad. But I can't see us doing too well in the tournament due to our generally lack of raw speed. Hopefully Nikorima will be a handful with his light feet.

Big Pete

Referee
Better squad than I would have expected going in but surprised by certain selections.

Would have thought Vidot & McGuire would have been there, bit surprised about that.

hellteam

First Grade
Jersey looks great in action. Best we've had for years. I'd like this to be the template for home and away

DeeJ

Bench
Jersey looks great in action. Best we've had for years. I'd like this to be the template for home and away

It should definitely be our away jersey, certainly shits all over that lazy 2 min job they chose for this year.

I don't mind the one shoulder main jersey though, its a bit soccer but it reminds me of ancient roman noblewear.

Latest posts