What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring on the Storm

tkr

Juniors
Was that a 3 on 1 strip on Tate on the try line and if so how the hell did the refs miss it?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dirty, dirty players, I was quite shocked at some of it. Have to watch the game again on one of the replays, to double check some of the filthy shots. One stormer actually stood on a warrior playing the ball, and I want to see that again for names to be sure.
Sweet to win, but filthy Hobbits

that's right, someone playing the ball stepped all over henderson's face (i'm fairly sure it was him). everyone but the goofy merkin of a touch judge and the referees saw it.

no doubt you won't hear about it again.

hitman82

Bench
Lima... stepped off the mark to intentionally walk on a Warriors player as he played the ball.
Another time Lima walked off the mark about 5 metres and wasn't penalised...
not to mention a number of other interesting things the referees didn't seem bothered by.

Micistm

Bench
Surely-Surely...if Issac Luke can be pinged for something trivial just before a Kiwi test by sifting through the tape reviewing the game from the weekend- Then things here MUST come back to haunt them.
If I was in Warriors hieracy I would be sifting through the tape myself and bringing things up

ozreece77

Juniors
I'm fairly certain it was in the in-goal and thus fair play.

thats how i saw it.
One of the weirder calls was Norrie dropping the ball at the play the ball when concussed then getting it back. I didnt hear the ref call time off so i think that ball should have been ours. Not our fault he couldnt take the hit.

Martli

Coach
I was prepared to let that slide, I think it was fairly obvious he was in la la land when he was getting up and that the refs were too slow to react.

ozreece77

Juniors
I was prepared to let that slide, I think it was fairly obvious he was in la la land when he was getting up and that the refs were too slow to react.

how is that different to a big hit which knocks the ball out of their hands and leaves them concussed afterwards? Its just a delayed reaction when Norrie drops the ball. The result is the same. Should have been our ball.

Iafeta

Referee

Norrie had every right to lay on his backside and wait for time off. He didn't. He waived that right. It was a knock on, zero tackle, Warriors in possession. Proctor two or three sets later knocked on clear as day 2m from our line also. Not long after, Slater scores.

Jeff Lima was playing like a pig. How about when Hendo was going to play the ball from a last tackle turnover and Lima kicked it out of his hands? Then you have Adam "Milton the Monster" Blair going to try and chicken wing every bloke he can. His only asset is that he's a good prowler, usually third man in coming in like an exorcist missile for no good reason. And of course Brett White's shot on Luck off the ball, this being the same bloke who put Russell Packer in a choke hold and elbowed Luck to the head in the game in Melbourne. And we really wanted Brett White? The guy's a merkin who seems to be well past his best, despite the blowies he must give to the NSW selectors to somehow get an Origin run.

Merkin of a club, really. I feel for people like kia ora storm who are keen followers of them, I really do. The club just goes from one on field saga to the next. Grapples. Chicken Wings. Salary cap problems. They're the epitome of 'do anything, moral or immoral, to get five seconds of glory'.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i knew about the rule, i just didn't think he'd made it to the in-goal when it happened.