What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

beads6

First Grade
We really need a decent trial comp something similar to the NAB cup in the AFL. Would also help us get more in a tv deal.

renouf

Juniors
Looking at that line up, we really do have a massive pack this year. If we can manage to play with some control (ie when Locky was there) we'll go alright.

Goddy

Juniors
Depending on the severity of Jarryd Haynes injury, Round One is looking like a given.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
We really need a decent trial comp something similar to the NAB cup in the AFL. Would also help us get more in a tv deal.

trial comps is definently not where rugby league needs to go, the A-League dumped theirs very quickly and the AFL are about to dump theirs as well, they are out dated and not worth it. I just want some decent coverage of them, even just a 10 minute highlight package on the clubs website would be a good start.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Depending on the severity of Jarryd Haynes injury, Round One is looking like a given.

don't say that, the Eels will not be nearly as bad as they were last year anyway. Sandow will give them a bit more of a spark rather than Robson, combine him with Ben Roberts and you have a really unpredictable halves combo that could damage even the best defences if they decide to show up.

I think the eels are a really good team to play first round as i expect our forward pack to do very well, and hopefully that will give Norman or Hunt a bit more time and space to play, but it will not be an easy game thats for sure.

Snappy

Coach
http://www.nrl.com/injuries-galore-as-storm-pip-broncos/tabid/10874/newsid/65911/default.aspx

Injuries galore as Storm pip Broncos

By David Beniuk AAP Sat, Feb 18, 2012 - 9:49 PM

Melbourne say they have video evidence of a high tackle, believed to have been made by Brisbane star Petero Civoniceva, that resulted in Storm forward Ryan Hinchcliffe being stretchered off in Saturday's NRL trial in Hobart.

Hinchcliffe was heavily concussed in a 73rd minute tackle, with the game held up for several minutes as the lock was taken from North Hobart Oval on a stretcher.
There were no television cameras or replays available at the match, but Storm coach Craig Bellamy said the club had its own footage of the tackle, with veteran Civoniceva, playing his first game for the Broncos in four years, under suspicion.
"We've got an end-on (camera), we've got the shot so it's a bad tackle," Bellamy said.
Storm captain Cameron Smith said the tackle was likely to attract the attention of the NRL's match review committee.
"The boys out there said he certainly got him on the button," Smith said.
"It's out of our hands now, that goes to the match review panel and they normally deal with things pretty well there."
Hinchcliffe's injury was one of several concerns to come out of the 34-32 win to Melbourne, with Broncos winger Jharal Yow Yeh suffering a shoulder problem and hooker Andrew McCullough playing on with nine stitches in his head.
Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin said Yow Yeh, who didn't play the second half as a precaution, was likely to be right for his side's round one clash with Parramatta.
"He's not too bad," Griffin said.
"He'll get it checked out properly when we get back to Brisbane."
Man of the moment Cooper Cronk and Test fullback Billy Slater bagged doubles as the Storm raced to a 34-16 lead by the 54th minute.
Cronk also had a hand in his side's first two tries but, once their stars had been replaced, the Storm allowed the Broncos to finish strongly, leaving Bellamy furious.
"I think there's probably more questions (about first grade positions) asked after tonight to be quite honest," he said.
"I'm glad we've got two weeks.
"I think nine, seven and one are pretty safe. The rest of them? We'll have a look.
"That's the thing we pride ourselves on, our defence, and we don't need the one, seven and nine out there to tackle."
A crowd of 11,752 turned up, making the Storm's Hobart venture a success.
"Obviously there is a lot of interest in rugby league down here and I think it's been a real good experiment for our game," Bellamy said.
"The NRL should be looking to play here a bit more often."

Seagullsrock

Juniors
trial comps is definently not where rugby league needs to go, the A-League dumped theirs very quickly and the AFL are about to dump theirs as well, they are out dated and not worth it. I just want some decent coverage of them, even just a 10 minute highlight package on the clubs website would be a good start.

You wouldn't find 10 minutes of highlights in 99% of trials. 99% of people won't watch that long anyway just for highlights. There is a highlights video of the Bronx v Titans video. There's generally highlights anyway on Fox Sports/Ch 9 etc

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I realise there generally aren't very good highlights but I think most people would appreciate a highlights package of some sorts so they can see how there team is preforming in the trials. Even if highlights are misleading.

Latest posts