What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Gillett will never be the number 6 we need so really don't see the point of putting him there, great player just not a 6.

Snappy

Coach
We won't really put Gillett at 6 for a trial. Surely not. In fact I'll lose my shit if that is the case.

That will send us five steps back. Gillett is not out answer for 5/8th.

Is that squad official ? source ?

qld aussie

Juniors
That will send us five steps back. Gillett is not out answer for 5/8th.

Is that squad official ? source ?

After watching both trial matches I dont see any harm in Gillett haveing a trial match at 5/8. Both Norman and Hunt have failed to grab their oppurtunity at 5/8 neither look totally comfortable or organized. Hunt passing left to right is ordinary and both are sus in defence.:crazy: Its only a trial. Not offical squad that is announced today.:roll:

Big Pete

Referee
Gillett is a backrow, nothing more.

OFFICIAL SQUAD FOR SATURDAY
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Scott Anderson
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Ben Te'o
13. Sam Thaiday (c)

14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. Petero Civoniceiva
17. Matt Gillett
18. Brendon Gibb
19. Dale Copley
20. Dane Gagai

Source: http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=47279&title=petero-back-as-a-bronco

Southern Cross

Juniors
After all the worry of a 5/8 I think we have a bigger problem with a Captan only thin that will help is Petro may have a word in his ear we will have to give Mr Norman some time to settle in and not continualy remind him hes not Lockie I think he already knows that and remember it took Lockie a while to settle in Luke Capwell may also stand up and can Baptist play in halves?

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
After all the worry of a 5/8 I think we have a bigger problem with a Captan only thin that will help is Petro may have a word in his ear we will have to give Mr Norman some time to settle in and not continualy remind him hes not Lockie I think he already knows that and remember it took Lockie a while to settle in Luke Capwell may also stand up and can Baptist play in halves?

Luke Capewell isnt up to it. He and Jordan Rankin are the two most feeble defenders I have known to play NRL.

Baptiste played halves at junior club level at Aspley. Played junior rep football at fullback and then Hooker. That was because he is not a ball player. He is an individualist, great defender but a poor communicator. I think he has far more to offer than Hunt as 14 of the bench to replace McCullough. It has me stuffed how Hunt has stayed in the picture for so long.

I think Norman should be given 6 or so NRL games. I know he too is sus in defence, but there are few options. I would personally give McCullough a crack at 6. He was a half untl he was 19yo and Baptiste can play 9 at NRL standard. Saying that Kurt had a shoulder reco in Oct and probably wont play for another month or more.

The Broncs are prepared to tread water this year and do the best with what they've got. They are poised to sign a big name no.7 for 2013. Wallace will play at 6.

Snappy

Coach
Brisbane Broncos Squad v Storm
1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Gillett
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Civoneciva
11. Teo
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Dodds
15. Norman
16. Glenn
17. Mcquire
18. Anderson
19. Barnes
20. Hunt
21. Copley
22. Gagai

Its only a trial. Not offical squad that is announced today.:roll:

So your team list came out of your ass. Next time you post a team list that comes from your ass, tell us that. You'll note that when others post team lists, they name a source.

After watching both trial matches I dont see any harm in Gillett haveing a trial match at 5/8. Both Norman and Hunt have failed to grab their oppurtunity at 5/8 neither look totally comfortable or organized. Hunt passing left to right is ordinary and both are sus in defence.:crazy:

As opposed to Gillett who looked cool as a cucumber when he played pivot last year.

qld aussie

Juniors
So your team list came out of your ass. Next time you post a team list that comes from your ass, tell us that. You'll note that when others post team lists, they name a source.
SORRRRRY (snappy) maybe if you dont already know official team lists aren't announced until tuesday.

As opposed to Gillett who looked cool as a cucumber when he played pivot last year.
gillet had 4 days to get ready. Hunt and Norman have had 2 months I would have hoped they would be more organised than what they are showing. Time will tell when the comp starts?

Big Pete

Referee
Not an assumption.

I've seen him play five eigth before and he's not up to standard and he's not who we need.

I'm willing to give Norman & Hunt a shot but I remain skeptical of both.

some11

Referee
The Broncs are prepared to tread water this year and do the best with what they've got. They are poised to sign a big name no.7 for 2013. Wallace will play at 6.

I like this idea, it would be the last signing we need for a while as the whole squad has been re-signed over the last 2 years.

beads6

First Grade
I'd like to think Norman or Hunt will come good, we have put many years into them and they haven't really had a decent run at it. I suppose if we can sign Cronk we would be silly not to but is the massive pay packet he is rumoured to be after really worth it. ?

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Cronk would be great but realistically i doubt the broncos could afford to get him under the cap. I'd like to see Norman get first crack for a month or two and keep hunt on the bench as the back up hooker just so that if Norman doesn't impress Hunt can step straight in. The only downside of this is that Baptiste will not get game time, the little I saw of him last year was really good though.

What do you make of the Dave Taylor talk? IMO i dont want him, would cost too much and we'd probably lose either Gillett or Glenn over it.

Big Pete

Referee
Glenn is already signed until 2015.

Gillett is also signed until 2013 but he could be at risk.

The one to be careful about would be Te'o.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I'm not as worried about Teo, hes a good player, but im not sure if he is worth re-signing, if he is re-signed he would impact on the development of Lui, Dodds, and Hala by taking up that bench spot. Will be interesting to see what happens with Teo though.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
*Courier Mail:
17/02/2012 7:24:39 AM

MELBOURNE are looking to reconnect with Tasmanian fans with tomorrow's NRL trial match at North Hobart Oval viewed as a nostalgic homecoming and a worthwhile commercial venture.
Both the Storm and Broncos will be at full strength for the game as players in both squads continue to jostle for the 17 positions for round 1 in a fortnight.
--------------------------------------------------

I'm stuck in Melbourne and just wondering if this match is being televised anywhere?

cheers

Latest posts