What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos General Discussion

DeeJ

Bench
Some good news I read yesterday, Broncos will keep Lodge and Pangai for the foreseeable future. They have both been our better players this year and there is no need to cripple our pack by letting both of them go immediately.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hey lads, have the week off and then we'll smash you, seems a good plan

Can it get any worse...? Bumbling Broncos lose FOUR stars in one ‘brutal’ training session​

Wide World of Sports reported Karmichael Hunt, Ben Te’o, Albert Kelly and Brendan Piakura all copped injuries in the same training session, which doesn’t speak wonders of their new Head of Performance.

“Dave Ballard is the new strength and conditioning coach at the Brisbane Broncos and on Sunday a brutal training session turned bad,” Channel 9s Ben Dobbin said.

“Karmichael Hunt tore his calf, Ben Te’o tore his calf and Albert Kelly tore his hamstring, and Brendan Piakura damaged his ankle.

“Three of these four players would have been in the side for Sunday when they take on the Sharks.

Showtime

Juniors
Given how poor they finish games, I’m not surprised the incoming conditioning coach flogged them. I wonder what the media would talk about if the broncos didn’t exist.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Given how poor they finish games, I’m not surprised the incoming conditioning coach flogged them. I wonder what the media would talk about if the broncos didn’t exist.
Kevvie had rewarded them with a week off.

As for the media, mate did you ever watch Nine or read the Courier Mail in the 90s?

blaza88z

Coach
We're obviously not winning on the field but I thought what they did with that young boy who is going through cancer therapy and all that was outstanding, things like that make me proud to be a fan during the hard times

Hard to watch it and not tear up when the dad speaks about it and what it means for firstly young Nate and then the rest of the family to see him with a smile

DeeJ

Bench
In some good news, Jamayne Isaako has signed with the Dolphins for 2023. Hopefully this means he will be playing QCup for the entire of 2022.

Big Pete

Referee
Is Ben Te Kura signed up for a few years?
I haven't seen anything reported.

Last I heard he was preparing to play QCup later this season. I'm under the presumption he's with the Broncos at least until '23 with a development deal from next year but I've heard nothing official.

Brisbane still have space heading into the August 1st deadline so I wouldn't be shocked if he's announced in that squad later this year.

They'll want to hurry considering he is a Dolphins junior.

ALX25

Bench
I haven't seen anything reported.

Last I heard he was preparing to play QCup later this season. I'm under the presumption he's with the Broncos at least until '23 with a development deal from next year but I've heard nothing official.

Brisbane still have space heading into the August 1st deadline so I wouldn't be shocked if he's announced in that squad later this year.

They'll want to hurry considering he is a Dolphins junior.

Looks like he's grown even more from last year. Definitely should be upgraded immediately or they will snap him up. They'll probably target Robert Toia and Karl Oloapu as well.

League guru

Juniors
Talented young hooker Blake Mozer has committed to the Brisbane Broncos until the end of the 2025 season.

The highly rated 18-year-old finished his Senior studies at Keebra Park State High School last year and has been training with the Broncos NRL squad this season, having been a part of the Broncos Academy since he was aged 13.

See: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2022/05/31/mozer-commits-to-broncos-until-end-of-2025/
Recent reports have this bloke more advanced then Cameron Smith at a similar age. Not much to live up to, being compared to arguably the GOAT.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Broncos have second lowest representation at World Cup of the NRL teams (only ahead of the Knights).

Suits me just fine. Little risk of injury and the majority of the squad go into 2023 as fresh as they can be.

Big Pete

Referee
Must be happy to snag the Burleigh Bears as an affiliate club from next season @Big Pete
Considering the amount of Gold Coast juniors the Broncos sign year in year out, I'm glad they finally put a ring on it.

They're a great club Burleigh and if the Broncos are smart they'll get some good mileage out of the arrangement. I'm sure the likes of Josh Rogers (if he's still with the Broncos - I don't see why he wouldn't be retained) and Jesse Arthars will be affiliated with them and hopefully they allocate the right juniors.

Burleigh is traditionally a tough team to crack, I couldn't see the value in sending them Coby Black when he could be in the frame for Wynnum for instance. I reckon a player like Leota who just needs some guidance and to keep it simple could be the play.