What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos Signings 2010

Big Pete

Referee
Gains: Shane Tronc (Mid-Season 2010), Ben Hannant (2014)
Losses: PJ Marsh (Retired), Steve Michaels (Gold Coast Titans), Israel Folau (AFL), Antonio Winterstein, Ashton Sims, Tariq Sims (North Queensland Cowboys)
Re-signed: Ben Hunt (2012), Josh Hoffman (2012), Mitchell Dodds (2012), Ben Te'o (2012), Gerard Beale (2012), Matt Gillett (2013), Shane Tronc (2012), Corey Norman (2012)
Off Contract: Lagi Setu, Andrew McCullough, Jharal Yow Yeh, Josh McGuire

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Apparantly we're set to sign Shane Tronc.

But, it looks like we'll be losing Lagi Setu in the process.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah, as much as I rated Setu I believe we have enough depth in the backrow to cover him in years to come. Shame to lose him now though.

DeeJ

Bench
It's more important we have a proper prop forward who can make meters up the middle. And Tronc is one of the best at that. His stats during his last year in the NRL were insane.

screeder

Juniors
Good pick up if it comes through. Now i hope Setu doesn't turn into the player i thought he was gonna be, i,d rather keep him and still get Tronc

Jack

Juniors
Should they also be making a play for Ben Hannant? Him and Tronc would be all they need to add to the team, interchanging with Kenny and Anderson.

Big Pete

Referee
CM had an article today that states Ben Hunt has decided to remain with the club for a further two years.

Cullen also confirmed the club's interest in Tronc and that he'd be signed with the money left over from the loss of PJ Marsh.

Dazzat

First Grade
CM had an article today that states Ben Hunt has decided to remain with the club for a further two years.

Cullen also confirmed the club's interest in Tronc and that he'd be signed with the money left over from the loss of PJ Marsh.

Good news about Hunt.

Not sure what to make of the salary cap comment about Tronc. Considering the talent drain we should be well below the cap. Sounds like a done deal. After Tiquiri's effort (playing the next day after arriving from England) I'd like to see Tronc play tonight.

Big Pete

Referee
I wouldn't.

Dodds and McGuire deserve one last chance to impress. If Tronc was to slot straight back in over either one it would send them the wrong message.

Dazzat

First Grade
I wouldn't.

Dodds and McGuire deserve one last chance to impress. If Tronc was to slot straight back in over either one it would send them the wrong message.

Both have been ordinary in three appearances. Another game of no-go-forward ... we'll get caned.

beads6

First Grade
Both have been ordinary in three appearances. Another game of no-go-forward ... we'll get caned.

Exactly, also I am not sure what Big Pete means by the worng message?? Wouldn't the wrong message be continuing to select them when they are not doing the job required??:crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
Yes they have been ordinary but by placing somebody who's yet to train with the squad over them wouldn't do wonders for Tronc nor for the rookies.

beads6

First Grade
Yes they have been ordinary but by placing somebody who's yet to train with the squad over them wouldn't do wonders for Tronc nor for the rookies.

I do agree with you but Tronc is a prop so wouldn't be too hard for him and the team. I'd prefer to keep him for next week

Big Pete

Referee
Prop is arguably one of the hardest positions to come into when starting for a new club. There are a number of strategies you have to be aware of in the side, whether they be positional or ability related and there's no where for you to hide if you're out of your depth.

Like I said, use this oppurtunity to give the Dodds and McGuire another chance as opposed to being like 'Oh s**t we need to get rid of these guys asap! Hurry Tronc! SOS.' Which is something you should never say to a player...

unless they're Steve Price.

screeder

Juniors
Prop is arguably one of the hardest positions to come into when starting for a new club. There are a number of strategies you have to be aware of in the side, whether they be positional or ability related and there's no where for you to hide if you're out of your depth.

Like I said, use this oppurtunity to give the Dodds and McGuire another chance as opposed to being like 'Oh s**t we need to get rid of these guys asap! Hurry Tronc! SOS.' Which is something you should never say to a player...

unless they're Steve Price.

Correct, we'd be in all sorts of trouble if we were sending desperate sos's to players of Tronc's calibre with all due respect to him though because i think we should get him under the circumstances. He could be a good fit.