What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos Signings 2010

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I wouldn't rush Tronc into the team. Either give him a rest to keep him fresh for the following week or chuck him in a QLD Cup team to keep his match fitness up. I don't really mind.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Gains:
Losses: PJ Marsh (Retired)
Re-signed:
Off Contract: Ashton Sims, Lagi Setu, Ben Te'o, Andrew McCullough, Josh Hoffman, Jharal Yow Yeh, Steve Michaels, Ben Hunt, Josh McGuire, Antonio Winterstein

We Should Definently Resign Ben Te'o, Andrew McCullough, Jharal Yow Yeh, Ben Hunt, Antonio Winterstein.

Maybe Resign Josh Hoffman, Josh McGuire,

Sims is incosistent in my opinion, Setu is leaving in exchange for tronc isn't he, Michaels simply isn't good enough.

applesauce

Bench
Cullen has said multiple times no player exchange will happen for Tronc. Sims was thrown around for an exchange and Setu was thrown around to free up more cash by releasing him to the Roosters.

Neither will happen unless Bruno has a change of heart.

I hope we hold onto Sims because his younger brothers are guns and I am afraid if he leave they will too.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Cullen has said multiple times no player exchange will happen for Tronc. Sims was thrown around for an exchange and Setu was thrown around to free up more cash by releasing him to the Roosters.

Neither will happen unless Bruno has a change of heart.

I hope we hold onto Sims because his younger brothers are guns and I am afraid if he leave they will too.

I thought Sims was looked at by the SL club, not us looking at offloading him.

I think the Setu thing was all BS. When Ivan was asked about it he said he had no idea and Setu had not approached him about any potential release. You would think Ivan would know, unless he was just denying it to keep it quiet?

applesauce

Bench
Well by thrown around I was meaning by the Wakefield side to trade with.

And the Setu thing was apparently from the Broncos end squeezing him out... Was denied though.

Broncs4ever

Juniors
Fox news reporting this morning that Izzy has nine days to renew his contract - the report sounds like he is headed back to the Storm...... I certainly hope they are wrong...

beads6

First Grade
As much as I love the Beastwood he is a second rower and we have plenty of them at the club at the moment.

screeder

Juniors
He'll end up at the Dogs for sure by the sounds of that. He won't want to play for us and the Dogs will want him back end of story.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
First priority obviously goes to getting a good prop or 2 (I don't mean to sound like a broken record) like Hannant/Civo/Lima etc. Once we have done that then I wouldn't mind going after Beastwood, even if it means trading or releasing Sims or Setu.

The article does say he wants to go home to the Doggies but I can't see why he wouldn't want to go anywhere else in Aus. He only signed with the Doggies because his Visa wasn't accepted and the Doggies had enough cash to throw him a lifeline during the season.

I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't get him though because I have confidence in our young backrowers coming up through the ranks. Although, he has almost 100 games under his belt and 9 tests for NZ and he is still only 23 (which is basically the same as Thaiday) so he would bring a bit of experience to the team I suppose.

beads6

First Grade
Sims and Setu are both off contract and are pretty much gone already. We have heaps of room under the cap for next season.