What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos Signings 2011

Big Pete

Referee
Gains: Nick Slyney (2013), Luke Capewell (2012), Petero Civoniceiva (2012)
Losses: Darren Lockyer (Retirement), Denan Kemp (Rugby Union), Shane Tronc (retirement)
Re-Signed: Corey Parker (2014), Justin Hodges (2014), Dale Copley (2013), Dumais Lui (2013), Kurt Baptiste (2013), Scott Anderson (2013), Jack Reed (2013)
Off-Contract:

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Article in the CM that lists the current players we're interested in...

Karmichael Hunt
Israel Folau
Darius Boyd
Dave Taylor
Cooper Cronk

Also the Quade Cooper rumour is always around.

Denan Kemp also sounds extremely likely to leave to go play with the Rebels. I believe he just had a medical examination.

Locky24

Juniors
I can't see us affording all those players.

Only one I can see us getting would be boyd.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Hunt or Boyd would be a bit risky as we would have to make a 5/8 out of them somehow, given that Hoffman has the fullback role.

Cronk would be great as he is a ready-to-go halfback. Wallace or Norman to 5/8.

Taylor would be a bonus but we are already blessed with some good back rowers.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Kemp has already signed. He was in Melbourne on Saturday hence why he wasn't playing. Contrary to the supposed lack of interest reported by Griffin, they are interested in Cooper and they also want Tallis back on the coaching staff.

Locky24

Juniors
Kemp has already signed. He was in Melbourne on Saturday hence why he wasn't playing. Contrary to the supposed lack of interest reported by Griffin, they are interested in Cooper and they also want Tallis back on the coaching staff.

DENAN Kemp will stay firmly in the Broncos’ fold after a surprising turn of events with Super Rugby club the Melbourne Rebels.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=35240&title=denan-kemp-to-stay-a-bronco

Seagullsrock

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:Some of his possessions were in transit on the way to Melbourne. Guess he'll have to pay for them to come back now.

Locky24

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:Some of his possessions were in transit on the way to Melbourne. Guess he'll have to pay for them to come back now.

Cooper Vuna wasn't happy.

Cooper Vuna
Not happy with the REBELS decision...Get AKU UATE for goodness sake..#rubbish

Junior your playing up lol he was good when Hodgers was playing,he couldn't even get a start at warriors that goes to show he is......(1st word that comes to your head)..ohwell if he signed got to accept it but still...if UATE gets signed by the force I'l be filthy..#justquitely

http://www.facebook.com/cvuna/posts/10150151774189634?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

Big Pete

Referee
Hodges in negotiations for a new 3 year deal worth $350K a season.

I'm unsure whether or not I'm happy.

beads6

First Grade
I am quite happy for us to sign Hodges but I feel like 350k a season is about 100k too much for him given the circumstances and his injury history. We do need him at our club though.

Smiley

Bench
Excellent news!!!!!!!!

His loyalty to the club should be rewarded next year with the captaincy.

ranga68

Juniors
Gains:
Losses: Darren Lockyer (Retirement), Denan Kemp (Rugby Union)
Re-Signed: Corey Parker (2014), Justin Hodges (2014), Dale Copley (2013), Dumais Lui (?)
Off-Contract: Rohan Ahern, Scott Anderson, Dane Carlaw, Dane Gagai, David Hala, Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Jharal Yow Yeh.

Lui has resigned 2014 , mcguire mcCullough are signed till end of 2012

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Does anyone know if there are any truth to the following rumours put on this website today?

http://www.nrl.com/lone-scout-qa-round-15/tabid/10874/newsid/63367/default.aspx

- Matt King (remember him from the Storm?) is apparently talking to Broncos. The Broncos are also after Robert Lui.

- Jon Green and Adam Cuthbertson will follow super coach Wayne Bennett to the Knights, and join Nick Kenny there.

I thought the Matt King and Robert Lui rumours were both pretty old...???

IBA

Juniors
Haha Matt King and Justin Hodges next to each other in a backline. They hate each other... On the field, on opposite teams atleast. Perhaps they're different of the field.

No thanks to Lui, been watching him since the rumours started. Not bad, but no thanks. Not close to Wallace and if we're buying a 5/8 they need to be a lot better than that.

And Knights can have Kenny. No venom in his hits/runs.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Does anyone know if there are any truth to the following rumours put on this website today?

http://www.nrl.com/lone-scout-qa-round-15/tabid/10874/newsid/63367/default.aspx

- Matt King (remember him from the Storm?) is apparently talking to Broncos. The Broncos are also after Robert Lui.

- Jon Green and Adam Cuthbertson will follow super coach Wayne Bennett to the Knights, and join Nick Kenny there.

I thought the Matt King and Robert Lui rumours were both pretty old...???

Haven't heard anything about the King one. God help us if we sign him. My most hated player ever.

Heard about the Kenny rumor the other day. He is a great clubman, but is only good enough to be a depth option these days. Wouldn't care if he left but as a depth option he is fine.

The Lui rumour is pretty old and has been floating around for a bit but about a week ago in some league magazine it mentioned the broncos had pretty much signed a tigers back, so it could be him.