What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Because they constantly whinge that there is a conspiracy against them, despite having such a huge catchment area and doing everything in their power to block attempts at 2nd SE Qld teams.

Because they constantly whinge about things like being disproportionately affected by the rep season, even though they only have so many rep players because they whinge that they want Qld to be proportionately represented (even when that means picking less deserving players).

Because they contantly whinge about wanting salary cap concessions even though the cost of living in Brisbane is lower and they could get players that wanted to represent Qld at a discount.

panthersballboy

Juniors
I don't hate the broncos, I just hate anyone who doesn't live in sth QLD and supports them. Especially people in NSW who support them.

Iafeta

Referee
Which pub was it slava? Because I'm sure they wouldn't like to lose their license if you were consuming alcohol in there - clearly you're under the age of 8 and suspended from school or something.

As far as Brisbane go, I reckon they're an awesome club. I don't have a solitary gripe with them. That was, until you came along. Sad, but true.

slava

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Which pub was it slava? Because I'm sure they wouldn't like to lose their license if you were consuming alcohol in there - clearly you're under the age of 8 and suspended from school or something.

As far as Brisbane go, I reckon they're an awesome club. I don't have a solitary gripe with them. That was, until you came along. Sad, but true.

well i look old enough buddy

subsbligh35

Juniors
This thread is just plain stupid.

I'm a Broncos fan but have been from day one. I live in Brisbane and was born in Brisbane.

I hate bandwagoners like what has happened with the Lions in AFL up here. They win 3 premierships in a row and half the city pretends they have followed AFL all their life. When the dismal Bears couldn't win a game, the franchise was f**ked and nobody in Brisbane thought anymore of AFL then a game for Victorians and poofs (one in the same, usually, back then).

OP, I don't know you but you have been given a thousand reasons why people hate the Broncos then you continue to ask but why do people hate the Broncos. You are an annoying shit. Plus you have screencaps of the movie "Whiteboys" in your sig/avatar.

This speaks volumes about you.

Why do people hate the Broncos... Tall poppy syndrome, they "wrecked" the NSWRL, they were the most successful club of the 1990s, they've only ever missed the finals twice since their inception (I think), NSW RL hates QLD RL.

Just the same reason why I hate Newcastle (Andrew Johns) or the Bulldogs (morons, thugs and arrogant f**kwits that represent an ethos that civilised rugby league communities left behind years ago, that have dragged the game through the mud) etc etc.

The answer is simple. If you can't understand it you're a moron. In a game where people's allegance to a certain team blinds them to rational thought and where the majority of fans are from Sydney/NSW, chances are that when you talk to a RL fan they aren't going to like the Broncos.

I don't hate the broncos, at their best I love watching them play, but you, I absolutely despise with a passion, you are the lowest of low, lower than rat excrement, your not even worthy of using Camilla Parker Bowles' tampon as a f**kin tissue now piss off you worthless little toerag.

slava

Juniors
subsbligh35 said:

I'm a Broncos fan but have been from day one. I live in Brisbane and was born in Brisbane.

I hate bandwagoners like what has happened with the Lions in AFL up here. They win 3 premierships in a row and half the city pretends they have followed AFL all their life. When the dismal Bears couldn't win a game, the franchise was f***ed and nobody in Brisbane thought anymore of AFL then a game for Victorians and poofs (one in the same, usually, back then).

OP, I don't know you but you have been given a thousand reasons why people hate the Broncos then you continue to ask but why do people hate the Broncos. You are an annoying sh*t. Plus you have screencaps of the movie "Whiteboys" in your sig/avatar.

Why do people hate the Broncos... Tall poppy syndrome, they "wrecked" the NSWRL, they were the most successful club of the 1990s, they've only ever missed the finals twice since their inception (I think), NSW RL hates QLD RL.

Just the same reason why I hate Newcastle (Andrew Johns) or the Bulldogs (morons, thugs and arrogant f***wits that represent an ethos that civilised rugby league communities left behind years ago, that have dragged the game through the mud) etc etc.

The answer is simple. If you can't understand it you're a moron. In a game where people's allegance to a certain team blinds them to rational thought and where the majority of fans are from Sydney/NSW, chances are that when you talk to a RL fan they aren't going to like the Broncos.

OK NOW I SEE AND AGREE. but you did have to mock the shit out of me throughout your explanation.

slava

Juniors
subsbligh35 said:

I hate bandwagoners like what has happened with the Lions in AFL up here. They win 3 premierships in a row and half the city pretends they have followed AFL all their life. When the dismal Bears couldn't win a game, the franchise was f***ed and nobody in Brisbane thought anymore of AFL then a game for Victorians and poofs (one in the same, usually, back then).

OP, I don't know you but you have been given a thousand reasons why people hate the Broncos then you continue to ask but why do people hate the Broncos. You are an annoying sh*t. Plus you have screencaps of the movie "Whiteboys" in your sig/avatar.

Just the same reason why I hate Newcastle (Andrew Johns) or the Bulldogs (morons, thugs and arrogant f***wits that represent an ethos that civilised rugby league communities left behind years ago, that have dragged the game through the mud) etc etc.

OK NOW I SEE AND AGREE. but you did have to mock the shit out of me throughout your explanation. OH AND BY THE WAY THE MOVIA IS CALLED MALIBU'S MOST WANTED! My favourite at the moment!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
People hate the Broncos because if it doesn't go their way, they bitch until it does. They're like kids who cry until they get the lolly at the store. And the QLD media are a big part of it too, they're a joke. After the Warriors beat the Broncos, all you could read about in the paper was about the Broncos "new attacking style", that obviously didn't f***ing work cuz they got beat!! ARGH idiots, the whole QLD media is made up of idiots (lead by that Bombolas idiot). Everything is about the Broncos and everyone is just sick of it, most of the hatred towards the Broncos stems from QLD and the fact that they are shoved down our throats every 5 seconds.

In the courier mail, they wrote up a half page article called "Karmichael wants to kick", all about how Hunt wants to kick goals, that's how pathetic it is. No report of the weekends matches, another stupid Broncos article for people to enjoy.

What makes me hate them is the fact that they give away alot of good players, but you only ever read about Parra doing it. Luke Priddis got told they didn't want him anymore, and since him they haven't had a hooker with any talent. Michael De Vere didn't get a new contract and guess what? That stupidity is now costing them games since Lockyer is pathetic at goalkicking. But that's ok, you have Justin Hodges to make it all better :lol:.

Not enough reason to hate them? What about Lockyer never having a bad game IN THEIR EYES. He plays a bad game, they never write about it, they just act as if he wasn't on the field. They refer to him as "Lockyer, the best player in the world", too and that is stupid. I have a better nickname, "Lockyer, worst tackler in the world", not that the fact that he misses more than everyone else ever gets pointed out.

Basically, it's the media's fault. If the QLD media were all sacked, and we got the NSW newspapers, and the NSW news reports, you'd soon see the hatred fade, not completely but quite a bit.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Oh and Slava, you being a stupid idiot and saying "Hunt is the best fullback in the world", "Hunt should be QLD's fullback and they'd win every game" etc. doesn't help either, maybe you shut the hell up and that'll help too, at least on the forum anyway.

slava

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
People hate the Broncos because if it doesn't go their way, they bitch until it does. They're like kids who cry until they get the lolly at the store. And the QLD media are a big part of it too, they're a joke. After the Warriors beat the Broncos, all you could read about in the paper was about the Broncos "new attacking style", that obviously didn't f***ing work cuz they got beat!! ARGH idiots, the whole QLD media is made up of idiots (lead by that Bombolas idiot). Everything is about the Broncos and everyone is just sick of it, most of the hatred towards the Broncos stems from QLD and the fact that they are shoved down our throats every 5 seconds.

In the courier mail, they wrote up a half page article called "Karmichael wants to kick", all about how Hunt wants to kick goals, that's how pathetic it is. No report of the weekends matches, another stupid Broncos article for people to enjoy.

What makes me hate them is the fact that they give away alot of good players, but you only ever read about Parra doing it. Luke Priddis got told they didn't want him anymore, and since him they haven't had a hooker with any talent. Michael De Vere didn't get a new contract and guess what? That stupidity is now costing them games since Lockyer is pathetic at goalkicking. But that's ok, you have Justin Hodges to make it all better :lol:.

Not enough reason to hate them? What about Lockyer never having a bad game IN THEIR EYES. He plays a bad game, they never write about it, they just act as if he wasn't on the field. They refer to him as "Lockyer, the best player in the world", too and that is stupid. I have a better nickname, "Lockyer, worst tackler in the world", not that the fact that he misses more than everyone else ever gets pointed out.

Basically, it's the media's fault. If the QLD media were all sacked, and we got the NSW newspapers, and the NSW news reports, you'd soon see the hatred fade, not completely but quite a bit.

Typical f**king NSW androtop. Natural QLD hater. Don't you get it? QLDers don't wanna read the bullshit that the NSW media writes.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
You use an avatar pic like that and call ME a androtop? :lol:

You're an idiot mate, nobody even likes you why are you still here? I give you a proper answer and you say that, go away seriously.

OVP

Coach
I'll give you a good reply Slava.

I dont actually HATE the Broncos anymore, as a matter of fact i respect them alot more than any other team. This is one club you can say that you're never confident when playing them 100% of the time.

However, i used to hate them, with an absolute passion. And the only reason was because of Superleague and John Ribot, and justifiably so. But i've outgrown that Hate and have nothing but respect for them. If my club can play as well as the Broncos when we are in a lean patch or rebuilding stage, then by christ id be happy forever.

Kiwi

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:

And if it was the Eels instead of the Broncos getting all the media you'd never complain. What do you expect living in Brisbane reading pretty much the Brisbane paper? Articles about the Eels or other sydney clubs? It'd be like a Roosters fan living in Auckland complaining about reading alot of warriors stuff in the the local paper.

On Devere, the Broncos didn't want him to leave any more than they wanted Tuqiri to leave. In case that was to vague for you, they didn't want him to go. One of Bennetts favourite players in the team, you honestly think the Broncos would have let him go?

On Priddis, yeah he wasn't signed, but he was offered a contract, but due to the cap the Broncos couldn't match the Panthers offer.

On Lockyer, he IS the best player in the world, build a bridge and get over it.

Sick of the Brisbane media talking about the Broncos, don't read or watch it, or move to NSW, problem solved.

Kaz

junior
ParraDude_Jay

Didn't you buy the Sunday Mail & on the back page after the Storm game the Headline read something like this

Absolutely Disgraceful.

You must have missed that. :roll:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Kaz said:
ParraDude_Jay

Didn't you buy the Sunday Mail & on the back page after the Storm game the Headline read something like this

Absolutely Disgraceful.

You must have missed that. :roll:

I read that, they were quoting Bennett. I was surprised to read it actually. Nonetheless, the media up here are still pathetic, not even they could sugarcoat that defeat and bring positives out of it (although they are trying).

All I'm saying is would it hurt to write a bit more about all the other games? Seriously, the Parra Vs Souths game had a small paragraph in the corner of one of the sports pages, and the Broncos take up the majority of the rest of the sports pages. There was more written about Darren Smith still being available for Brisbane than there was about the non QLD matches that week (not put together).

I understand it being Brisbane that there will be alot of Broncos stuff but it is well beyond a joke. When a pointless Karmichael Hunt article takes up more space in the sports section than the match reports, something is wrong. If I didn't have foxtel i'd not know what went on in the NRL because the Sunday Mail/Courier Mail sure as hell don't want to tell me. Just a bit more coverage is all i'm saying.

QLD lose the Origin 9 - 8 in Golden Point, the next day, "blah blah blah Golden point is a joke" etc. And alot of that rubs off on the Broncos being that they are the big club in QLD.

And as for DeVere and Priddis, the money they offered them must have been ridiculous. De Vere said himself he wanted to stay, so if it was even a decent offer he would have taken it. Same with Priddis' offer, he only just bought a freaking house and they offered crap for him, and expected him to take it? That's nasty.

But these are just my, and alot of people up here's reasons for hating the Broncos. Alot of people's hatred for QLD Origin rubs off on them too because the side is full of Broncos and they are the major team here in QLD.

Kiwi

First Grade
And as for DeVere and Priddis, the money they offered them must have been ridiculous. De Vere said himself he wanted to stay, so if it was even a decent offer he would have taken it. Same with Priddis' offer, he only just bought a freaking house and they offered crap for him, and expected him to take it? That's nasty.

I can't remember where I read it, but I know I've read in an article about Priddis where he said himself he wished he had accepted the Broncos offer and stayed.

On Devere

Bennett makes no secret of the fact DeVere is one of his favourite players, constantly praising the 28-year-old for his work ethic, commitment, loyalty and consistency.

But after being part of the NSW squad which won the 2003 State of Origin series and following that up with selection on the end-of-season Kangaroo Tour, DeVere is keen to complete the set of goals he set himself at the beginning of his career by heading to the English Super League.

"I've been talking to some clubs because I've always been keen to play for a year or two in England," De Vere said.

"There is nothing definite yet but if there is a good enough offer I'll look at it, because I'm keen to go while I'm still young enough and good enough.

"If I stayed in the NRL, then I wouldn't be leaving the Broncos. I'm not keen to play for another NRL club."

That from here http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article/archivearticletemp.asp?num=4849

Maybe you should try reading some of those Broncos articles before making comments about the club.

Knightmare

Coach
Another reason I hate the Broncos is the way the media up here blow smoke up their arses- and that idiot Mr Panama (ironic that he has Ralph Wiggum as his avatar) wants to accuse Newcastle of getting behind the Knights- he should live up here! He should watch the Qld segment on The Footy Show- where all they do is talk about the Broncos most of the time then add a little bit of Cowboys news so as not to seem biased. He should try watching Sunday football on 9, looking forwrad to the match of the round or seeing his team play, only to see that, just because he lives in Queensland, he has to watch the Broncos play instead, because "The Broncos are from Queensland, so therefore everyone who lives in Queensland wants to watch the Broncos play" :roll: :evil: If Channel 9 and the Queensland media looked at it honestly, they'd see that:
a) There are more fans of other teams in Qld than Broncos fans, and:
b) For every person in Queensland who likes the Broncos, there are 3 people who hate them.
This is just the newest reason I hate the Broncos. I could list all the others, but it would make the Bible look like a pamphlet.

Latest posts