What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos

Ghoulies

Bench
b) For every person in Queensland who likes the Broncos, there are 3 people who hate them.

Thats a myth mate. It may have been the case from 1995-1998, but since then most QLDers have moved on.

Knightmare

Coach
Yeah- they've moved on to support another club (or worse) another code. Brisbane had a great chance to win over the people of Queensland, but they ruined it with their arrogant attitude as a club and the Superleague debacle. It would be better if the Queensland media acknowledged that the Broncos aren't the only team in the NRL and that there are more games being played on the weekend than just whoever the Broncos are playing. :x

Raiders Plight

Juniors
I used to hate them back in the days when canberra and brisbane were the 2 super powers but that was just a rivalry thing. These days i just go for the non-sydney team.

Kaz

junior
Better to have an arrogant attitude then a club that has no sponsor & waits for handouts from the NRL.

As the Knights new chairman Mike Tyler has said the Knights are for the Little People. :roll:

Ghoulies

Bench
Yeah- they've moved on to support another club (or worse) another code. Brisbane had a great chance to win over the people of Queensland, but they ruined it with their arrogant attitude as a club and the Superleague debacle. It would be better if the Queensland media acknowledged that the Broncos aren't the only team in the NRL and that there are more games being played on the weekend than just whoever the Broncos are playing.
You act like its only something new that the Broncos have started. I've got stacks of old papers from the 70s where there would be an entire section dedicated to the Brisbane comp, but they would have barely half a page on the NSWRL comp

Knightmare

Coach
Unfortunately, I wasn't alive in the '70s. And that's fair enough- the QRL is a whole competition, whereas the Broncos are just one team. Newcastle, by the way, is a CLUB, not a franchise, and I like it that way. The Knights have been financially poor from the start, but that hasn't stopped them from doing too badly over the years. If the team was going gangbusters at the moment, nobody would be talking about their financial state or the fact they haven't got a sponsor. So what? Brisbane started 1999 as reigning Premiers without a major sponsor. Melbourne won a Premiership and backed up the following year without a major sponsor.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
And as for DeVere and Priddis, the money they offered them must have been ridiculous. De Vere said himself he wanted to stay, so if it was even a decent offer he would have taken it. Same with Priddis' offer, he only just bought a freaking house and they offered crap for him, and expected him to take it? That's nasty.
But that's what happens under a salary cap, especially with a team like the Broncos who constantly have young kids coming through and establishing themselves as top players. To keep those kids, they have to let go of some of the older players. If they had of offered Priddis a better deal, it would have meant someone else would've been offered less and then they would've been the one to leave and you may have been talking about them here instead of Priddis. So it's a balancing act about who to keep and who to let go.

Personally, I have always felt they got it wrong with Priddis (ie, he should've been kept and someone else let go), but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Mad Dogg said:
ParraDude_Jay said:
And as for DeVere and Priddis, the money they offered them must have been ridiculous. De Vere said himself he wanted to stay, so if it was even a decent offer he would have taken it. Same with Priddis' offer, he only just bought a freaking house and they offered crap for him, and expected him to take it? That's nasty.
But that's what happens under a salary cap, especially with a team like the Broncos who constantly have young kids coming through and establishing themselves as top players. To keep those kids, they have to let go of some of the older players. If they had of offered Priddis a better deal, it would have meant someone else would've been offered less and then they would've been the one to leave and you may have been talking about them here instead of Priddis. So it's a balancing act about who to keep and who to let go.

Personally, I have always felt they got it wrong with Priddis (ie, he should've been kept and someone else let go), but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

They brought back Allan Langer and axed Priddis, that's the thing. Langer screwed over Warrington, and came back to the Broncos (another thing that people hate about Broncos, their old players who screwed over ESL clubs) who had Berrigan and Scott Prince anyway so they didn't need a halfback as much as they needed Priddis.

I just really felt sorry for Priddis, he was ready to settle in Brisbane, had just bought a home and then gets offered peanuts to stay.

slava

Juniors
OVP said:
I'll give you a good reply Slava.

I dont actually HATE the Broncos anymore, as a matter of fact i respect them alot more than any other team. This is one club you can say that you're never confident when playing them 100% of the time.

However, i used to hate them, with an absolute passion. And the only reason was because of Superleague and John Ribot, and justifiably so. But i've outgrown that Hate and have nothing but respect for them. If my club can play as well as the Broncos when we are in a lean patch or rebuilding stage, then by christ id be happy forever.

:clap:

something happened in the mid to late 90s between the Tigers/Broncos they made me hate them with a passion maybe it was all the floggings i dunno but too this day i still hate them more than any other club :p

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
slava said:
gregstar said:
slava - i'd hate mother theresa if you supported her
f*ck off!

get f***ed. I'm trying to be reasonable here and your acting like a f**khead.

HAHA, you try to be reasonable? I gave you a good, fair reply that was just my opinion and you start swearing at me aswell. Dumbass.

Bumble

First Grade
Slava is still here because everyone of you who tells him to **** off or calls him an idiot is encouraging him to stay. He's only here to get a rise out of opposition supporters, and it works...every topic he makes get 50+ replies within a day. If you ignore idiots, they go away...so just stop responding to his garbage.

Latest posts