What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Rogers wake.

A message to all Qld Sharks supporters and Queensland NRL supporters.

A 'wake' for our beloved champion Steve 'Sludge' Rogers will be held at the Norman Hotel, Ipswich Rd. Wolloongabba on Sunday 8th January commencing at 2:00 pm:

Would all Sharks supporters please wear sharks attire as a tribute for Steve.

Any further enquiries please email qldsharks@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Peter.

Quigs

Immortal
Pierre the Horrible said:
A message to all Qld Sharks supporters and Queensland NRL supporters.

A 'wake' for our beloved champion Steve 'Sludge' Rogers will be held at the Norman Hotel, Ipswich Rd. Wolloongabba on Sunday 8th January commencing at 2:00 pm:

Would all Sharks supporters please wear sharks attire as a tribute for Steve.

Any further enquiries please email qldsharks@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Peter.

Please extend my apologies Pierre,

I can't make it down from Emu Park. I held my private wake for the great one last night. I was trying to have a beer for every great memory I had. Just watching the news highlights was enough for me to realize that I couldn't drink thousands of beers.

So I raised more then a few.

And I will raise another come Sunday.

Quigs will be there in spirit.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
chileman said:
Bout time you got the name of the pub right Pierre :p are Manly supporters allowed ;-)

Maybe we can all relive the 73 GF.

Or the 78 - as long as you bring Hartley.

Cheers
Quigs

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Quigs said:
Please extend my apologies Pierre,

I can't make it down from Emu Park. I held my private wake for the great one last night. I was trying to have a beer for every great memory I had. Just watching the news highlights was enough for me to realize that I couldn't drink thousands of beers.

So I raised more then a few.

And I will raise another come Sunday.

Quigs will be there in spirit.

Cheers
Quigs

Thats tops Quigs!!!!!!!

What a great idea pierre. Sadly I have to work this Sunday, would love to make it but. Might come by after 6, If you are all still there great. I too will join in on a drink to the great man.

Quigs

Immortal
black said:
:D Have them both on DVD, tis' sad you can't get the '79 Amco cup on DVD.

Howdy Black White and Blue,

With your 73 DVD does it have the full coverage ABC black and white version or the coloured version they replayed on SKY years ago. I had the old black and white one and it was brilliant. It had all the blues. The coloured one I also have has been censored to the shouse house.

The old black and white one you can even pick out Ron Turner driving his boot into Reillys hip. And also clapping him off when he went to get needled.

If you have the black and white one then I would,nt mind procurring a copy of it.

Ive got the mid week knock out semi final when we whopped the wally lewis lead brisbane donkeys.. every time I am down I put that on. Could put a smile on a monument

When my head finally clears I might drop you off an email.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs said:
Howdy Black White and Blue,

With your 73 DVD does it have the full coverage ABC black and white version or the coloured version they replayed on SKY years ago. I had the old black and white one and it was brilliant. It had all the blues. The coloured one I also have has been censored to the shouse house.

The old black and white one you can even pick out Ron Turner driving his boot into Reillys hip. And also clapping him off when he went to get needled.

If you have the black and white one then I would,nt mind procurring a copy of it.

Ive got the mid week knock out semi final when we whopped the wally lewis lead brisbane donkeys.. every time I am down I put that on. Could put a smile on a monument

When my head finally clears I might drop you off an email.

Cheers
Quigs

B & W with all the action!!! More then happy to lend ;-) it to you. Would love to see your copy of that semi..... Noting makes me smile more then Wally getting a touch up!

RockyShark

Juniors
I, like Quigs, will be absent in body but present in spirit. I'll be thinking of you all on Sunday arvo...

We have had good radio coverage on Brissy radio so we may get a reasonable turn out.
Please text your mate about this wake. We don't want it to be a dud affair.
Cheers Pierre

elmosharky

Juniors
I would love to be there but sadly I can't make it! But as I have already been doing this week every First & Last drink I have a toast for Steve!
On Saturday I'll be there in spirit! Make it good one boy's, all good times and plenty of talk of the up and coming season as Steve would have liked it!

Well done to Pierre the Horrible for making this day possible!

I'll have on all my Sharks gear Pierre!

Quigs

Immortal
elmosharky said:
I would love to be there but sadly I can't make it! But as I have already been doing this week every First & Last drink I have a toast for Steve!
On Saturday I'll be there in spirit! Make it good one boy's, all good times and plenty of talk of the up and coming season as Steve would have liked it!

Well done to Pierre the Horrible for making this day possible!

I'll have on all my Sharks gear Pierre!

Not meaning to be a smart arse here Elmo - but it is on Sunday the 8th.

Ive been raising a few myself ......

Cheers
Quigs

Well we had quite a few apologies and a few new faces turn out. New friendships formed and tributes flowed for the great man 'Sludge'. The weather may have been kinder but the front bar at the Norman wasn't a bad place!
Why the Norman??? Simple. It was the last place in Brissy Sludge, Barry Pierce and all enjoyed a meal and drink. What more fitting place! So thanks to all for turning up and those who mades apologies and thanks to 'Quigs' for the phone call to the Norman.
On a note on behalf of everyone up here to the many who paid tribute to Steve by attending his funeral and wake at Shark Park congrats on making it such fitting tribute to a legend, not only of our team Cronulla/ Sutherland but rugby league in general.
Pierre.

Latest posts