What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane v Melbourne

mattyg

Bench
I really don't know...its probably because you get a better view of the game on the TV than if you are actually at the ground. I'd rather be at the game anyway. Hopefully tomorrow's games can get a combined crowd of 100k or at least close to that mark.

t-ba

Post Whore
Perth Red said:
Why do half of Brisbane hate the Broncos?

A few reasons:

A) They're blamed by alot of old heads for destroying what remained of the BRL.
B) Super League (How many RL fans in Perth gave up on the reds when they stabbed the ARL in the back? Now Imagine that in a city where RL is no.1!)
C) Bloody Mexicans importing thier filthy southerner AFL culture...

Smiley

Bench
Changes to broncos side.

Broncos:
1. Justin Hodges
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brent Tate
4. David Stagg
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
8. Shane Webcke
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll

Interchange:
14. Corey Parker
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Casey McGuire
17. Ben Hannant

brisbane-storm, and bulldogs-dragons should hit over 35k, when i bought my ticket yesterday morning for the dogs game, my ticket said number 23,560 but thats not including season tickets, plus many people buy their ticket at the game,

should be a great atmosphere of league fans this week..

c_eagle

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
I thought Ekka week would discourage sales...

Great result anyway! Should be 9's Sunday game!
That'd be great for Melbournians!
rolleyes.gif

In-goal

Bench
I am a suporter of the storm
Melbourne being the team a lot of people want gone from our comp ??...wake up and get over it !!.

I am not a beliver of the game shrinking i think that the storm is a great benefit to the league Long may we say they are as important to RL as souths or Wigan

Danger game for the Storm today.

Storm aiming to be the only team in RL history to have a positive win/loss ratio against the Broncs.

Go Storm :D

littleduck

Juniors
t-ba said:
A few reasons:

A) They're blamed by alot of old heads for destroying what remained of the BRL.
B) Super League (How many RL fans in Perth gave up on the reds when they stabbed the ARL in the back? Now Imagine that in a city where RL is no.1!)
C) Bloody Mexicans importing thier filthy southerner AFL culture...
I disagree with B). Brisbane was aligned to Super League during the war and certainly not the ARL. After all, it was the passionate dislike of the Sydney-based ARL in Brisbane that brought Super League to life.

t-ba

Post Whore
littleduck said:
I disagree with B). Brisbane was aligned to Super League during the war and certainly not the ARL. After all, it was the passionate dislike of the Sydney-based ARL in Brisbane that brought Super League to life.

Are you honestly going to suggest that Brisbane didn't lose support as a result of super league? From 35,000 in 1995, to 23,000 in 1996...and with 2 less home matches and massive advertising campaigns, they only managed an average of 19,000 in 1997...Looks like big losses to me.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
15 minutes left w00t!!!

Brisbane 20
Storm 18

This will be the start of the broncos climb. Hannant and Thaiday will be exceptional. As will Hodges at fullback.

Anyone know why Moon was not named in the centres? Wouldnt he be a better choice than Stagg?

EDIT: Scrap that Fox just named Tonie Carroll in the centres and stagg at lock. Still a weird choice ahead oh Moon.

littleduck

Juniors
t-ba said:
Are you honestly going to suggest that Brisbane didn't lose support as a result of super league? From 35,000 in 1995, to 23,000 in 1996...and with 2 less home matches and massive advertising campaigns, they only managed an average of 19,000 in 1997...Looks like big losses to me.
Of course Super League war backfired on everybody in the game, but my point was that during the war the Brisbane public generally speaking were aligned to Super League and not the ARL.

t-ba

Post Whore
littleduck said:
Of course Super League war backfired on everybody in the game, but my point was that during the war the Brisbane public generally speaking were aligned to Super League and not the ARL.

Would you refute the statement that a sizeable portion of a significant number of Brizvegans hatred of the Broncos is derived from Super League?