What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Canard

Immortal
How is the Wallabies name not identifiable with another code of footy? Are you kidding?

Dodgers has nothing to do with League, and Knickerbockers, well just the suggestion is laughable..

Are you serious?

If so the only excuses I can think of are a) lack of sleep or b) prolonged drug use.

BDGS

Bench
Alliteration aside, why would you go for the Bombers? Its a name so firmly entrenched in Aussie Rules history.

Why not something a bit less identifable with another code like the Wallabies, Dogders or Knickerbockers.

Would you like to try again?

Canard

Immortal
Wow, just Wow.

I don't know whether to laugh or just feel sorry for the responses to my post.

Smiley

Bench
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport.../story-e6frep5o-1226093790560?from=public_rss

Brisbane NRL Bid team to announce branding with 'Bombers' the tip

THE Brisbane NRL Expansion Bid consortium will announce its proposed name tomorrow and the tip is it will be the Brisbane Bombers.
The name and branding have been under tight wraps but couriermail.com.au has received tips that "Bombers" would be the chosen name.

This could get the Brisbane bid team into a legal battle with AFL club Essendon, who are the Bombers.

If Brisbane gets a second NRL team, it is expected to use Albion Park Raceway as a training base.

Brisbane Bombers Rugby League Football Club Pty Ltd was registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission on February 25 and the business name "Brisbane Bombers" was registered with ASIC on July 5.

Smiley

Bench
There is a logo out on the web, not sure if real or not. Won't allow me to post it here but colours look to be navy blue, orange and gold with a pilot on silver wings.

Smiley

Bench
116q15w.jpg

flippikat

Bench
Bombers? I thought it was a unwritten rule that the codes didn't copy each others names (with the exception of old teams like Richmond/Balmain Tigers and Western/Canterbury Bulldogs).

I would have preferred Brisbane Bulls but Bombers isn't too bad. There was heaps of much worse options.

Two problems with Bulls
- It has been mooted as a possible name for the Central Queensland bid.
- The Queensland cricket team are the Bulls - I know it's not a football code, but the name is being used by another top-level team in the same state.

Will be interesting to find out if that logo is the real deal - and see what the uniform is like...

Last edited:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Aren't the Bombers one of the bigger AFL clubs?

'We're playing the Bombers this week'. Hate it. Makes me think of that other abortion of a sport.

flippikat

Bench
If Brisbane2 is going for Orange & Blue as colours, here's an example of what these colours can look like

Central_Vikings_rugby_jersey.jpg

That was the Jersey of the Central Vikings - a short lived joint venture between the Manawatu & Hawkes Bay rugby unions in New Zealand's provincial competition.

I have a feeling that the orange in the Bombers jersey may be a bit more muted though..

Doug2234

First Grade
The South Queensland ROGUES

The South Queensland SPARTANS

The South Queensland TAIPANS

And sadly no... they didn't offer the South Queensland Crushers as a sentimental option.

DINGb@T

Juniors
If suggesting the name is going to be 'Bombers' is a way to get publicity in Melbourne, then sweet.

If it's not, then...

Last edited: