What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

age.s

First Grade
Ugh terrible name. What was the point of all that "community consultation" if they're just going to choose a name nobody wanted anyway?

_Johnsy

Referee
116q15w.jpg

I had to double check it wasn't April 1.

Are they kidding ?

Goddo

Bench
The branding is puke for a couple of reasons already highlighted:

1 Bombers is synonemous with the AFL
2 Its "Brisbane B" aliteration and is too similar to the Broncos
3 They are plagerising the Ipswich Jets bid branding - another aircraft brand in the same city?
4 Colours are basically the Crushers, and very similar to the Cowboys - do we really need more blue teams?

Looks like they did sh!t all and just copied elements of the branding wholely from RL clubs and a fken AFL club.

At least its easy changed - they will probably have to, since this is pretty much universally hated.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
The Brisbane Kingsford-Smiths?
Oh, they want a B word?
The Brisbane Biggles?

Those colours are very close to NQ's

Colours seem to be those of the Crushers imo

Oh and its still a shit name

Colours sound real close to the Crushers, and I'd prefer a reborn Crushers to the Bombers. That way 3 of the bidders would be playing the "right past wrongs" card. Return the Reds, Bears, Crushers.... etc.

Bold prediction time. Bombers name to be dropped after the publicity of a legal fight with Essendon..... new name chosen - 'The Crushers'.

Zigwaa

Bench
So bad, so so bad.

Marketing made this decision? Letting the community decide the name gives them some ownership over the club. Something original and relevant to the area would have been prudent.

smithie

Juniors
I actually like the logo. Still trying to get my head around the name though, but at least it's a Brisbane team that isn't the Broncos.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
oh dear, they have went down the wrong path with this one I feel. Would have much preferred something like the Dolphins instead of aliteration that stopped being cool 20 years ago. Surely they would have to get permission from Essendon to use Bombers as a pro-sports moniker??

flippikat

Bench
Also on the colours - if the colours of the jersey match the colours on the logo (basically mustard and blue), it's a fail.

We already have the Eels, Titans, and Cowboys with 3 versions of blue & yellow - we just don't need another club using that combination - whatever the shades are.

Whatever happened to Blue & Green.. or Green and black.. or any of the other UNIQUE combinations that were suggested?

RHCP

Bench
Bombers is a publicity stunt imo. Will rile up the AFL/Essendon and get lots of free media coverage for the bid.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bombers is a publicity stunt imo. Will rile up the AFL/Essendon and get lots of free media coverage for the bid.

would be funny if they kicked up a stink after pretty much copying the name and colours of the San Francisco Giants for their new fumbleball team