What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane3 - What is needed to make it a successful bid?

MugaB

Coach
Perth are only using the bears with the bears permission

imagine a new nrl team wanted to use the bears logo the actual bears would tell them to fk off

like the dolphins told the Gold Coast they couldn’t use the dolphins logo
So souths/Logan Magpies are an entity of their own if they happened to merge with easts to create a bid, who has issue with it?

Screenshot_20240815_120643_Gallery.jpg

MugaB

Coach
Bro Perth red would be proud of shifting the goal posts like that

That’s a tough one to call and if wests did complain I think they wouldn’t be allowed to use it
Wests who?
Wests panthers..???
Wests group (Newcastle)
West Coast eagles

....oh you mean WESTSSSSS tigers, doesn't spell magpie to me

The Daddy3

Juniors
Nope, SouthsMagpies/EastTigers bid would be far better, no jets, no Ipswich, just SouthQld Magpies, owned and run by Brisbane Tigers

What's the strategic value of SouthsMagpies/EastTigers to the NRL and RL in general in Queensland/Brisbane? How does that bid capture the imagination of people in Queensland/Brisbane? Not shooting you down, just trying to understand your logic and the economics.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's the strategic value of SouthsMagpies/EastTigers to the NRL and RL in general in Queensland/Brisbane? How does that bid capture the imagination of people in Queensland/Brisbane? Not shooting you down, just trying to understand your logic and the economics.
Broncos wouldnt let them in first time, they wont let them in next time. Only hope of a South Brisbane club is if its far away enough from Broncos that they might allow it. ala Redcliffe. So Ipswich or nothing id suggest.

MugaB

Coach
Poor 'ol insignificant donks, has been crapping on about how East tigers needs to be more south side oriented, rather than just being "Brisbane tigers/firehawks" etc, they are based in cooparoo
Don't really represent the south side at all, so link up with a brand that is heritage, Souths/Logan Magpies represents that area far more than any other, and can play a few token games in Ipswich/Springfield, but majority at suncorp as do the dolphins with thier respective split... Broncos can represent the western corridor, magpies to the south, dolphins to the north

flippikat

Bench
paywalled but the Courier is talking about an Ipswich/Newtown Jets bid for the 20th spot
That's an interesting development - and an idea that's been floated in this forum a few times in the past - as has North Sydney Bears teaming up with Perth (or NZ2, or Adelaide for that matter...)

Gotta say, this pushes a lot of the nostalgia/heritage brand buttons that the Perth Bears does - AND the "Queensland Cup club hitting the big-time" button that the Dolphins did.

I honestly think Brisbane Easts will be worried by this, and they probably have good reason to be.

I still hope that Perth (pretty much set) and NZ2 get two of the spots up for grabs - and I think that's likely, but I still remain unconvinced about PNG.

This really throws the cat amongst the pigeons.

Bukowski

Juniors
I think it's unlikely the Wests Tigers will split, but mind you if they remain nailed to the bottom of the ladder surely something's got to give.. right? Whether that's relocation, demotion, or a split...something.
Maybe these rebooted mascot teams might inspire wests to bring back the magpies. It's bizarro world atm.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe these rebooted mascot teams might inspire wests to bring back the magpies. It's bizarro world atm.
Could be on to something lol

The Magpies - Western Sydney and Souths Logan
The Tigers - Balmain and Brisbane easts
The Jets - Newtown and Ipswich

3 new Brisbane teams with BRL links, Donkey would be all over it!