What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brock James

ThrashViking

Juniors
Why didn’t the Waratahs offer this bloke a contract? :shock:
Crikey, he looks impressive!
Absolutely dominated Canterbury who are full of All Blacks despite the best efforts of Mehrtens.
Would love to see this bloke play in a Gold jumper as a replacement for Ireland bound David Holwell.
Anybody else agree with me here?

Te Kaha

First Grade
ThrashViking said:
Absolutely dominated Canterbury who are full of All Blacks despite the best efforts of Mehrtens.
Would love to see this bloke play in a Gold jumper as a replacement for Ireland bound David Holwell.

Has the talent, Not eligible for the Blacks tho so I don't know if he will be allowed. Depends if Welly can sign a certain Canterbury inside back for next year.

What does it say about the Aussie club comp when there players would rather play in the NPC?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Why chase Aaron Mauger when Wellington has got Umaga, Nonu, Smith and Tuipolotu in it's ranks?Not to mention that second five from Taranaki who looked damn impressive
Besides - Conrad Smith is the man for the number 13 jumper, he's one of the play makers ive seen in years and I doubt Cooper will drop the current All Blacks captain for Mauger
Why cant Australians play for NZ super 12 sides when Samoans, Tongans and Fijians can?

Te Kaha

First Grade
ThrashViking said:
Why chase Aaron Mauger when Wellington has got Umaga, Nonu, Smith and Tuipolotu in it's ranks?Not to mention that second five from Taranaki who looked damn impressive
Besides - Conrad Smith is the man for the number 13 jumper, he's one of the play makers ive seen in years
Why cant Australians play for NZ super 12 sides when Samoans, Tongans and Fijians can?

The rule is they cant unless there is no suitable local replacement. Thats why The Blacks are having to play butterfingers Howlett on the wing, there aren't yet any suitable replacements. And Mauger would be bought as a first/five not second/five.

Still there is still a chance he could turn out for the 'Canes.

Te Kaha said:
ThrashViking said:

Has the talent, Not eligible for the Blacks tho so I don't know if he will be allowed. Depends if Welly can sign a certain Canterbury inside back for next year.

What does it say about the Aussie club comp when there players would rather play in the NPC?

i thought you was talking about mehrtens.

go the naki top of the table!
with wellington second how the hell did hurricanes finish 2nd to last (thats right they used f**k all taranaki players)

bayrep

Juniors
It will be interesting to see how many 'Naki plaÿers make the 'Canes in the 2005 season. Though we are mid season and the 'Naki have had a habit of playing crap rugby in the scond half of the season.

Johns Magic

Referee
I told you guys before the start of the season to keep an eye out for him. I watched him last season playing for Sydney University.

The reason he hasn't played for NSW is that the Waratahs are heavily influenced by Randwick players due to Bob Dwyer and now Ewen Mackenzie(both Randwick affiliates). They put Duncan McRae(the Randwick 5/8) in in front of James(Sydney Uni), Tim Donnelly(Eastwood) and Daniel Parkes(Easts). Then when McRae got injured, instead of using any of the aforementioned, they select the Randwick inside centre(Shaun Berne) to play five-eight.

Now Parkes and James have followed Manny Edmonds in leaving because they knew that they had no chance to make it for NSW with Dwyer and Mackenzie there.

bayrep

Juniors
Brock James had a very good game against the Cantabs over the weekend. But there was also another Aus player who came on in the backline in the 2nd half who linked well with BJ and looked impressive who was that ?

My understanding is that the `Canes are interested in BJ but becuase he has played in the Aus 7's team he will not be eligable for them. I didnt think that the S12 teams in NZ had no bearing on what country you represented ?

Te Kaha

First Grade
bayrep said:
My understanding is that the `Canes are interested in BJ but becuase he has played in the Aus 7's team he will not be eligable for them. I didnt think that the S12 teams in NZ had no bearing on what country you represented ?

It doesn't, the rule is supposed to devop only All Balck eligable players.

Colin Cooper has already stated though, that the NPC is for developing players not the Super 12. Have to wait and see I spose.

ThrashViking

Juniors
bayrep said:
Brock James had a very good game against the Cantabs over the weekend. But there was also another Aus player who came on in the backline in the 2nd half who linked well with BJ and looked impressive who was that ?
James Hilgendorf.
Looks good doesnt he? He didnt do anything stupid, he played a safe and reliable game
Re: Eligability rule- Do Auckland have different rules to rest of the country? If I remember correctly Joe Rokocoko was on the bench for the blues for a majority of last seasons super 12, how would Brock James playing for the Canes be any different? Heaven help us if Riki Flutey is the starting first five

Te Kaha

First Grade
ThrashViking said:
bayrep said:
James Hilgendorf.
Looks good doesnt he? He didnt do anything stupid, he played a safe and reliable game
Re: Eligability rule- Do Auckland have different rules to rest of the country? If I remember correctly Joe Rokocoko was on the bench for the blues for a majority of last seasons super 12, how would Brock James playing for the Canes be any different? Heaven help us if Riki Flutey is the starting first five

Rupeni was signed when there was still a question mark over his status... But yes Auckland frequently got special treatment, much like the Cantabs have recently.... Isn't it great they are both going so poorly!!!!

Corbin

Juniors
yeh that brock james is a reallly good player i watched him all the time last year on the abc wen he was playing for sydney uni Hes a pretty damn good goal kicker too.

the funni thing is that the waratahs are looking for a 5/8 and they let a really good 1 slip out of there hands! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o #-o #-o #-o :clap: :clap: :clap: great player recruitment going on at the waratah camp

shaggy

Juniors
thoght this might be of interest 2 brock james fans

The NSW Waratahs could yet foil the Hurricanes' plans to snare in-form Australian five-eighth Brock James.

The 22-year-old from Sydney has been a revelation for Taranaki in the NPC, so much so that Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie has been taking notice.

Hurricanes coach Colin Cooper has already asked the New Zealand Rugby Union to rule on whether the former Australian sevens player is eligible, but that outcome could become irrelevant.

McKenzie told the Dominion Post from Sydney that James had bulldozed his way into contention for the Waratahs' troublesome No.10 jersey.

"I've been watching the tapes and his form is good," McKenzie said.

"He's one of a couple of options we're considering, the lad is playing well.

"I've seen tapes from the first four games but I've not seen footage from last week where they got a bit of a beating (losing 51-22 to Auckland), so I'll be interested to see that. I'm a big man on consistency, playing well week in, week out."

McKenzie was aware the Hurricanes were showing an interest in James but the coach's relaxed nature suggested that if both franchises came knocking then the young pivot would return to Sydney.

"These eligibility things crop up all the time and normally they take care of themselves. He's Australian."

from rugby.com.au

shaggy

Juniors
thoght this might be of interest 2 brock james fans

The NSW Waratahs could yet foil the Hurricanes' plans to snare in-form Australian five-eighth Brock James.

The 22-year-old from Sydney has been a revelation for Taranaki in the NPC, so much so that Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie has been taking notice.

Hurricanes coach Colin Cooper has already asked the New Zealand Rugby Union to rule on whether the former Australian sevens player is eligible, but that outcome could become irrelevant.

McKenzie told the Dominion Post from Sydney that James had bulldozed his way into contention for the Waratahs' troublesome No.10 jersey.

"I've been watching the tapes and his form is good," McKenzie said.

"He's one of a couple of options we're considering, the lad is playing well.

"I've seen tapes from the first four games but I've not seen footage from last week where they got a bit of a beating (losing 51-22 to Auckland), so I'll be interested to see that. I'm a big man on consistency, playing well week in, week out."

McKenzie was aware the Hurricanes were showing an interest in James but the coach's relaxed nature suggested that if both franchises came knocking then the young pivot would return to Sydney.

"These eligibility things crop up all the time and normally they take care of themselves. He's Australian."

from rugby.com.au