What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brock James

Martli

Coach
ThrashViking said:
The Back news headline in the Dominion post (main Wellington regional paper) today is 'James wants to join Canes' :clap:

That article was a bunch of crap, there was no proof in there whatsoever, just "This person told this person that Brock JAmes wnats to join the hurricanes". It even said that Brock James didn't say anything about it....

ThrashViking

Juniors
We'll find out in the next couple of week I guess
The Canes seriously cant be left with Riki Flutey as the only remaining first five eight, he's hopeless

ThrashViking

Juniors
It'll be a great day in Wellington once they rip up Tialata, Bobo and Flutley's contracts.
For the richest union in the country they sure do sign some weak players.

That Guy

Juniors
For the Hurricanes sake I hope they get someone like Luke McAllister or Tasesa Lavea (though McAllister will get snapped up by the Blues) to fill their Flyhalf breach. I would have said Aaron Mauger, but he just signed a new deal with Canterbury.

supposely north harbour have came out saying that brock james shouldn't be allowed to be able play for the hurricanes, dunno the reason!

Ray

Juniors
North Harbour actually said, it's ridiculous that the Canes want Brock James, when there are going to be quality first-fives in the draft next season. The likes of Tasesa Lavea, Tusi Pisi, Shaun Webb and maybe Cameron McIntyre. Much better trying to develop these talents and use an Aussie for a NZ 'S12' side.

nz_novocastrian

Juniors
Well no one gets James..I think its crap, the guys talent. Remember Steve Devine? He played 7's for Australia as did James but James aint allowed to play Super 12. I don't agree with it, he;ll be a lost. I personally wouldnt call Tusi Pisi quality 5/8. I watched McIntyre all through his 1st XV career and he can make it! But apparently Otago might get him.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Apparently it's okay to use Islanders in NZ super 12 teams but heaven help if he's Australian!
Bobo gets selected for the Canes leaven Shayne Austin without a franchise but where was up roar? Isn’t wing the All Blacks weak spot? :roll:
I'll say it again - Riki Flutey is not of NPC quality let alone super 12 quality, the Hurricanes will suffer as a result because I doubt Lavea (who still hasn’t stepped up ) will not be released from the Blues and Pisi isnt good enough to start for a super 12 franchise let alone Wairarapa Bush
The amount of quality five eights in nz is at an all time low, how about using the best players available

nz_novocastrian

Juniors
Austin is being hunted by the Warriors. Let's home this won't push him towards league, hes an asset that NZ rugby doesnt need to lose.

nz_novocastrian said:
Austin is being hunted by the Warriors. Let's home this won't push him towards league, hes an asset that NZ rugby doesnt need to lose.

i went to primary and secondary school with shayne austin and he doesn't really like league that much he would only go for the money!

nz_novocastrian

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
nz_novocastrian said:

i went to primary and secondary school with shayne austin and he doesn't really like league that much he would only go for the money!

hope your right, i rate him pretty highly wouldnt wanna see him go

nz_novocastrian said:
douglasallen91 said:
nz_novocastrian said:

hope your right, i rate him pretty highly wouldnt wanna see him go

in my opinion i think he should go on the end of year tour as they will probably give howlett a rest. please not be grandpa ralph

nz_novocastrian

Juniors
oh how i don't rate ralph, nor do i rate mauger. they just don't do it for me. unfortunate to see Meeuws won't be going though.

ThrashViking

Juniors
James just signed with the Reds, he's far better than Huxley and I presume Flatley will play at second five next year - good buy Queensland