What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Defence

1qaz

Juniors
With Princess gone, you think our defence would improve next season, WRONG.
After re-watching all our games from this season, I noticed Ben Hunt was just as bad.
Stats back this up.
I know how much Brett loves his stats :lol:
His last 7 games in the halves his missed/ineffective count is a staggering 30 :crazy:
His last game against the Bulldogs he made 8 tackles and missed 5.
Compare that to Princess... 18 tackles and 1 missed.

So whoever going to partner Hunt in the halves, they better know how tackle :lol:

Funkotron

Juniors
Our entire defence was bad, not just Prince. I actually think Gillett missed the most tackles in the side, and possibly even the comp, and he was also playing on Prince's side in the first 2/3rds of the season, and Hunt's side in the last 1/3rd. Our defence isn't going to improve unless they really put a lot of work into it.

Tera

Juniors
Gillett and Glenn were way up there for the most missed tackles in the NRL last season.

From June last year:

Gillett has the most missed tackles in the NRL. Alex Glenn has the 5th most in the NRL.

As a club we have by FAR the most missed tackles with 415. Cowboys are second with 369.

Can't seem to find the stats for the rest of the season anywhere at the moment... but yeah, we were terrible all 'round.

ggmu

Juniors
With Princess gone, you think our defence would improve next season, WRONG.
After re-watching all our games from this season, I noticed Ben Hunt was just as bad.
Stats back this up.
I know how much Brett loves his stats :lol:
His last 7 games in the halves his missed/ineffective count is a staggering 30 :crazy:
His last game against the Bulldogs he made 8 tackles and missed 5.
Compare that to Princess... 18 tackles and 1 missed.

So whoever going to partner Hunt in the halves, they better know how tackle :lol:

We need Dane Gagai in the halves for his defence. Actually Gagai cloned 17 times would make the parfect team.:sarcasm:

AceAv

Juniors
Seems like another one for the '1qaz' comments thread..

But I do have a couple concerns about our halves tackling ability. -I rate Hunt still as someone solid in defense. Stats aren't always black and white and he's got huge potential, but agree with everyone that the missed tackle rate was abysmal last year and defensive coaching better be lifting there game...

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
Gillett and Glenn were way up there for the most missed tackles in the NRL last season.

From June last year:

Can't seem to find the stats for the rest of the season anywhere at the moment... but yeah, we were terrible all 'round.

Too be fair to Gillett he misses alot because he goes for the big hit, usually when chasing a kick. It doesn't cost the team anything negative.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Just changed thread name to make it a more general discussion on Broncos defence. I think it's something the Broncos need to address

Kiwi

First Grade
I think fitness had a lot to do with our defense lapses. We would be competing for most of the game and then really fall away and get beaten easily. Look at how many times the Broncos were right in the game for the first 60 only to look dismal in attack and defense for the last 20' To me that was fitness, which is something the club has recognized by signing one of the best in the business in Corvo.

Latest posts