What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos, King of the Whingers

Raider Azz

Bench
Knightmare said:
What is it with Broncos fans? Are they so far up their own arses that they think the reason people hate them is because "We're so good!" :roll: I didn't see people hating the Panthers when they were top of the League, I haven't seen people saying they hate the Cowboys recently... Hating the Broncos has to do with a truckload of other reasons, irrespective of how they're going.
well said.

Knightmare

Coach
Big Pete said:
There is no love lost between the Knights and Broncos.

Too bad the Knights are a one man team.

Lol and you're saying the Broncos never have been :LOL:. he's just 1 man, but even the 17 best players from Queensland can't hold him back! Who WASN'T there when Newcastle defeated brisbane 17-16 at Suncorp last year???

Mr Saab

Referee
aussies1st said:
Cross tackled Lockyer on the shoulder which slid up. It wasn't the most dangerous tackle you would see. Cross got a one week supension which was the max that hit deserved.

hit him on the shoulder and slid up?
Your eyes are painted on with Dulux paint

Mr Saab

Referee
raiders fans should sit down with the coach of the raiders and have a few home truths delivered to them. Matt Elliott is a straight shooter and he called sat night as it was. He was moreconcerned with defensive lapses than the last try ruling

aussies1st

Staff member
Elliot was being smart, with the NRL these days you can't question any calls on the field. Had Elliot had said "Chris Ward was so wrong he should have been sent back to video ref school" BANG $10000 fine

Mr Saab

Referee
elliott could have come out and said "I thought it was a try and i cant belive it was ruled otherwise" he wouldnt have been fined for that.
Elliott knows that in the big picture it wasnt that try that cost them the game.
It was greatly helped by a Frawley knock on in his own 20m line and a knock on to Mogg in his own half....and allowing Lockyer to score the try he did when he had three players all over him

aussies1st

Staff member
Ive said it was back just after the game finished the no try was one of the factor that cost us the game. Had it not occured then these other factors would have come out.

Mr Saab

Referee
but they are factors that cant be ignored.
You cant blame the loss entirely on the last try, thats foolhardy.

legend

Coach
I actually like the Broncos and I hope they beat Manly this week as it does us a massive favour and I'd rather see Brisbane win it than the Dogs or Chooks.

It's the attitude of the fans which stems from the attitude of the coach that gets my back up. Bennett's comments about the no try and had Frawley been putting the ball down a well made me realise how much of a self absorbed knob he can be at times and the bloke has totally lost touch with reality.

This was also highlighted when he decided to speak out on behalf of all fans and say the anit-tampering deadline should be pushed back until after the end of the season. As if he'd know what all fans are thinking but so long as Tonie Carroll continues to be picked in the test side, it's all good!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I didn't think Cross' tackle was that bad.

But Frawley's spear tackle was worse than Webcke's, and I'm not going to even mention Hodges' and Parker's which was arguably the lightest 'spear-tackle' I've seen this season. No doubt it was slightly dangerous and going by the law Hodges was rightly punished, but you can't compare it to the ones that are truly dangerous. Webcke's was bad, and should have copped three weeks for it, maybe four. But Frawley lifted Hunt past the horizontal and started to let go. If it had of stopped there it wouldn't have been much different from the Hodges tackle, but he had another go and took Hunt almost completely verticle before letting go again. I don't know what the hell he was thinking with the second effort, maybe he had realised that he'd taken Hunt past the horizontal and was trying to fix it. But never-the-less, the result was very dangerous.

Mr Saab

Referee
hodges has been very quiet in 2005.
Bennett changed his career around...shame the same cant be said for ricky stuart

Coaster

Bench
To me a Broncos supporter till 2007 that was a try to frawley, but it wasnt awarded so get over it.

That hit on Lockyer was alot worse then Carrolls hit on Canberras Halfback last year. And Carroll missed a SOO Decider over it.

Frawleys Tackle was worse then Webkes becuase he drove his head into the ground.

Brisbane never tried to start there own comp, look into the SL war before starting such crap.

The Article was written by a Broncos reporter, much like the Article on this web site written by a Canberra supporter, there is biased opinions, get over it.

Brisbane supporters dont follow Bennets every word, when he does speak, it has merit becuase he has more football knowledge then every poster on this site combined and you would have to be a fool not to at least listen.

The Sydney media has most of you so blanketed under there spell of trying to create hatred between teams to market a game where most of the teams are within driving distance, you are missing the best part of this game.

Rugby League is the best sport on earth

Latest posts