What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos NRL Matches Discussion + Voting

Nerd

Bench
Where was that last week. If the Cows do make the finals looks like they will be cannon fodder in the first week. If Boyd doesn't play next week Kahu to fullback and anyone but Mead to the wing.

gUt

Coach
21231561_1994607844108871_89497568613248167_n.jpg

renouf

Juniors
Didn't think they were that great, if the Cowboys had Thurston out there I think they would have won. Refs did everything to keep it an even contest.

DeeJ

Bench
Great defensive effort from the guys. Kicking game was great too, thanks to Benji and Hunt. Interesting to see how they line up next week. Might be good to start Benji in the halves and retain Nikorima at fullback?

3. McGuire
2. Milford
1. Hunt

blaza88z

Coach
That was a monumental defensive display, the Cowboys had so many opportunities, if we had that much ball we would've score 40, at least

However I think winning in that fashion where it was all defense is a better way to head into the finals, we could've won by 30 or whatever but after the Parra game I wanted to see our defense, it was great to watch too, bring on the Roosters

Nerd

Bench
Well that was shit to watch. Both the Roosters and us look to be making up the numbers after that performance. Just way too many unforced errors. What really cooked us in the first half were the two forward pass calls. Both teams must have thrown at least a dozen passes either the same or more forward and none were called. Luckily we weren't playing the Storm or Parra as they would have put 50 on us.

I'm already looking forward to next year without Blair and Moga. We have to be at least a 6-8 point better team each week with that pair not making their 1-2 unforced errors each game.

gUt

Coach
We are a really inconsistent side. How weak is the comp overall if us and the Roosters are in the top 3?

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
I'm already looking forward to next year without Blair and Moga. We have to be at least a 6-8 point better team each week with that pair not making their 1-2 unforced errors each game.

Add Benji to that list. Terrible.

3 Hunt
2 McGuire
1 Oates

gUt

Coach
I think benji has been as good a third string half as could be expected. Rocks and diamonds type thing

Nerd

Bench
With the amount of unforced errors we've made in the last 6 or so weeks if you were a Penrith supporter you would have to think yourself half a chance next week.

gUt

Coach
If they play with that intensity again they are definitely a chance.

Cleary is special

renouf

Juniors
I think they can probably beat Penrith but whats the point, we're no hope against Melbourne. I can see it now.. stupid errors and missed tackles. I don't know what Bennett is doing anymore.. picking Mead in the side was a joke, how is that any better then just starting Nikorima?

DeeJ

Bench
Even if he wears 6 on his back, Milford needs to play 7. If he has a half partner besides Nikorima, he lets them take over and fades out of the game, or gets shitty ball and is stuck on the left hand side.

I didn't think he was that kind of half, but the part that made Nikorima and Milford such a successful combination is that Milford would take over everything and it is best when he gets his hands on the ball as much as possible.

Benji did some good things and his long kicking game was great. But he stuffed up some simple chances going for a fancy kick. He's probably better suited as an impact player.

3. McGuire
2. Hunt
1. Oates

Nerd

Bench
Even if he wears 6 on his back, Milford needs to play 7. If he has a half partner besides Nikorima, he lets them take over and fades out of the game, or gets shitty ball and is stuck on the left hand side.

I didn't think he was that kind of half, but the part that made Nikorima and Milford such a successful combination is that Milford would take over everything and it is best when he gets his hands on the ball as much as possible.

Benji did some good things and his long kicking game was great. But he stuffed up some simple chances going for a fancy kick. He's probably better suited as an impact player.

3. McGuire
2. Hunt
1. Oates
Agree. If Nikorima starts it needs to be in the halves with Milford.

Nerd

Bench
Our defence was much better though saying that Penrith didn't really throw much at us. On that display I don't think we will trouble Melbourne too much. With all the players going off with head knocks we could be down on troops next week. Considering the leniency shown by the refs in the rucks tonight Melbourne must be a shoe in for the GF.

If Boyd is back I was hoping Nikorima would go back into the halves and Benji to the bench but Benjis last tackle kicks were great tonight so I'm not so sure now. Maybe Nikorima to come on with 20 minutes to go to terrorise the Storm defence. Though by that stage it may all be over if we give the Storm too much possession early on.

gUt

Coach
Benji's first half kicks were shizen but he still managed to come out ahead overall I think. I don't see the value of having Benji on the bench really.

We are going to get busted in the forwards next week and that will be that.

3. Hunt
2. Moga
1. Blair

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Hunt
2. Glenn
1. McGuire

Been loving McGuire since the 2nd origin this year. I was worried that he was becoming ordinary but he has really stepped it up again and is actually bending the line to go with his big motor.

Glenn seems to be going through a purple patch. He looked fast out there tonight.

I just feel like we've expended too much energy over the last couple of weeks to trouble the Storm. Plus we are so inconsistent. You can see that our skill level is right up there but we simply can't put it together for 80 minutes. Our defence got us around the errors tonight but that won't work against Melbourne.

But I guess where there is life there is hope!

renouf

Juniors
I'm sure they'll be up for the game next week but too many errors, too clunky etc to beat Melbourne.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Herman Ese'Ese was extremely good last night too. Close to the votes.

3- McGuire
2-Hunt
1-Gillett

Latest posts