What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Off-season

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Isn't there a certain number of players under the cap?

Anyway only about 25 on that list will realistically play NRL this year?

Big Pete

Referee
You never know mate.

In the past three years we've used 28, 30 and 28 players respectively.

Smiley

Bench
Isn't there a certain number of players under the cap?

Anyway only about 25 on that list will realistically play NRL this year?

The salary cap only includes your top 25 highest paid players with any players used outside this list counting towards your second-tier cap.

This is where we've been caught out in the past when fined for cap breaches. Having to pay match payments to players outside the top 25 mainly due to origin.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Thanks for clarifying that Smiley. Now I actually understand what they mean when they talk about the 2nd tier cap.

Yes BP I should have mentioned barring injury. But the Broncs seemed to have suffered pretty bad the last couple of seasons.

Exciting times tho for the Broncs imo. That list of players is a great mix of experience, proven ability and young talent. Would have been nice to still have T Sims tho.

Smiley

Bench
00017406-Photo.jpg

Anyone know the guy behind Wallace?

Big Pete

Referee
Shot at the dark here and I could be all kinds of wrong, but could it be Titans recruit Jarrod Wallace?

jazman84

Juniors
If anyone is in and around the pre-season training.

How are Beale, Gagai, Copely, Norman, Dodds, Gillett and Hoffman doing in training? Are they looking good in the way of fitness and size?

Any unknowns pushing hard for a spot?

Thanks.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
If anyone is in and around the pre-season training.

How are Beale, Gagai, Copely, Norman, Dodds, Gillett and Hoffman doing in training? Are they looking good in the way of fitness and size?

Any unknowns pushing hard for a spot?

Thanks.

From my understanding they have been doing testing and stuff like that so I don't think they have even touched a ball yet. So it's hard to know if anyone is pushing for spots this early.

Didgi

Are Redcliffe a recognised Broncos feeder? Any idea if you're talking to Nick Slyney? I'd hate to see him thrown onto the QCup scrapheap.

Big Pete

Referee
Gagai has apparently signed on for 2 more seasons.

Sounds like he'll feature at some point in 2011 but from the sounds of it, not as soon as expected.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Thats good news, but i still hope he gets the wing spot, by the sounds of things on here he has the most potential

Latest posts