What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragons actually got 12 wins in 2022 better than this year with negative 100 versus 11 wins this year an a negative 126, so Hooks last full year was better
Our players, starting with our halves, are just rubbish. Some coaches are a bit better than others but it’s much of a muchness when you have a 17 who can’t get a job done. None of our coaches since Bennett have been successful at recruitment. Get set for the likes of Eels and Tigers to have their way with us next year. We purely can’t field a decent team by professional standards.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
FFS Hook got a worse squad to 10 wins and closer to the 8 in 2022 so the 2024 result isn’t that great if the truth be told.

I think people mistakenly think we almost made the 8 the reality is we didn’t win the games we should have won and actually won a couple that were totally unexpected.
Haha, good one Old Time. Hook had guys like McInness, Sims, etc that were not good enough and DID make finals a couple of years before under Mary if not for De Belin to ruin the momentum Mary started to create. Hook replaced them with guys like McCullough, Maguire, Woods, Burgess, etc. Hook wanted to keep Corey Norman as he rated him highly if not for the board to knock him back. Hook was by far the worst and had a better roster than Mary inherited and turned it into absolute rubbish brining in his Qld buddies.

I cannot understand how anyone can defend Hook as a coach.

maestro1

Bench
FFS Hook got a worse squad to 10 wins and closer to the 8 in 2022 so the 2024 result isn’t that great if the truth be told.

I think people mistakenly think we almost made the 8 the reality is we didn’t win the games we should have won and actually won a couple that were totally unexpected.

Not winning the ones you should win tells you more than winning ones that are unexpected especially when you have a soft draw.

At the tail end of the season instead of peeking we floundered and got found out for the team we really are 5 hit up’s and a midfield bomb which was easily countered.
FFS, if Flanno gets us to a GF you will still find something to bag him about. Every coach coming in has a grace period where he needs to build the type of team he thinks can achieve success. There are a few of you in here who have been bagging Flanno since before a ball was kicked. I find this extremely unfair. No one should be judged on an outcome that hasn't happened yet. Wait until he fails, then bag him. You are bagging the result before you even know what it is. The 1st season was an improvement on 2023 in a most aspects, now let's see what happens in 2025.

Old Timer

Coach
Haha, good one Old Time. Hook had guys like McInness, Sims, etc that were not good enough and DID make finals a couple of years before under Mary if not for De Belin to ruin the momentum Mary started to create. Hook replaced them with guys like McCullough, Maguire, Woods, Burgess, etc. Hook wanted to keep Corey Norman as he rated him highly if not for the board to knock him back. Hook was by far the worst and had a better roster than Mary inherited and turned it into absolute rubbish brining in his Qld buddies.

I cannot understand how anyone can defend Hook as a coach.
FFS I’m not defending Hook nor am I denying his love affair with has beens.

I’m merely pointing out the truth of the matter.

People trying to be so enthusiastic about the S F results and how miraculous it all was and how we almost made the 8.

The squad this year was substantially better than we had in 2022.

Many in here saying S F unhinged Lomax, improved Suli & Sua, how great K F was for us etc etc

The truth is we had a soft draw, a better side, 1 more game, got the 2 best sides during origin and we didn’t nearly make the 8 we fell well short in 11th spot with a pathetic differential.

Talk it up all you like S F had a season comparable to dinosaur Hook in 2022 and Ben Hunt ran the side just as he always has with no change and was kept for yet another season.

Hopefully S F has a better year in 2025 and that Cook & Holmes fire for us but 2024 was ordinary and S F knows it and he even admits it even if posters in this place don’t.

Just because we finished higher than the idiots in the media said we would doesn’t make it a successful year.

I dare say S F would agree more with my view of last season than the sycophants who are easily pleased.

I actually believe S F would be pretty pissed off and that is a real good thing in my book.

blacksafake

First Grade

Not winning the ones you should win tells you more than winning ones that are unexpected especially when you have a soft draw.

At the tail end of the season instead of peeking we floundered and got found out for the team we really are 5 hit up’s and a midfield bomb which was easily countered.
Hope you’re not saying Hook should have been retained the team backwards which is where the 5 hit-up’s & bomb started.

Players weren’t allowed to play their natural game. Think Sullivan being benched then dropped for kicking early in the tackle count against the broncos.

At least now there are green shoots coming through with some of our juniors, Liddle finally given serious game time & weeding out deadwood or those not up to it.

dungay dragon

Juniors
It's an old newspaper term which used to let readers know who the owners, editors and writers were. Why on earth it is used in sporting articles written mostly by uneducated gibbering idiots (oops I meant sports journalists) is a mystery to me.
Two other words that have popped up this year ad nauseum
"Resilience" and 'Narrative" ...
they all use them

dungay dragon

Juniors
A little birdie told me that Kotoni Staggs was spotted in Wollongong over the weekend , could be coincidence but interesting none the less
BR
Would be interesting to know what Holmes's preference is ??
Centre Wing or Fullback
The Staggs interest would make a powerful combo with Suli ..
Sloan to Wing ?
Hard to see where Gutho would fit IN THEN as im sure his preferred is FB
If Lodge is signed , hoping we are still chasing a Thompson or similar
Plenty more to play out following the Ezra dramas from the weekend
Benny to Broncs ?

Jubilee

Juniors

Old Timer

Coach
Hope you’re not saying Hook should have been retained the team backwards which is where the 5 hit-up’s & bomb started.

Players weren’t allowed to play their natural game. Think Sullivan being benched then dropped for kicking early in the tackle count against the broncos.

At least now there are green shoots coming through with some of our juniors, Liddle finally given serious game time & weeding out deadwood or those not up to it.
No not saying Hook was good bad or otherwise just a point of reference re results.

The 5 hit ups and useless bomb started under Mary if not mistaken once Widdop was injured the 1st time Hunt took in the senior role and stuffed it up.

The Hunt kicking issues and lack of game management are best seen in the last 10 minutes of the G F the Broncos lost to the Cowboys.

Everyone thinks it was lost with the dropped ball in extra time in reality Hunt should have controlled the game better and won it normal time.

Latest posts