What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos side in 2010

So in about 5 years time (I know a lot of things change), take a guess at what sort of line up we will have, based on the current youth we have coming through the Clydesdales, Qld u/19, even the Qld Cup. From the current line up, I would assume these players would be automatic selections based on their ages:

Hunt, Bott, Hodges, S.Berrigan, Seymour, Stagg, Costigan, Thaiday, Parker, McGuire. What might the 17 look like?

In 5 years I would say that Webcke, Civ, Thorn, Carroll, B.Berrigan and Minto would all be retired, with Lockyer possibly still playing if injuries are kind, likewise with Tate.

Big Pete

Referee
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Leon Bott
3. Shaun Berrigan
4. Justin Hodges
5. Steve Michaels
6. Berrick Barnes (He'll come back)
7. Brett Seymour
8. Corey Parker
9. Michael Ryan
10. Sam Thaiday
11. David Stagg
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Neville Costigan

I wouldn't expect that to be the side as we'd have plenty of junior talent coming through.

JW

Coach
Parker and Thaiday are likely to replace Webcke and Civoniceva I think, based on our current group of players anyway (anything can happen in 5 years). Stagg and Costigan would make an outstanding second row combination, especially defensively, although Costigan could end up at Lock one day. It'll certainly be a more mobile pack then what we usually come to expect from Broncos teams over the years, as we've usualluy tended to lean more to size and power in our pack.

Cheers.

salivor

First Grade
If Dane Carlaw is our starting prop in 2010 then we've got some very hard years ahead of us lol.

One thing though is that I think that Hunt will be the man to make the switch to 5/8 and fill the shoes of Locky when he retires. He's just got way too much to offer to play out his career at fullback.

Coaster

Bench
1. Steve Michaels
2. Leon Bott
3. Justin Hodges
4. Brent Tate
5. Denan Kemp
6. Karmichael Hunt
7. Brett Seymour
8. Corey Parker
9. Michael Ryan
10. Sam Thaiday
11. David Stagg
12. Tame Topou
13. Neville Costigan

Major change i see will be Hunt moving into 5/8, with another player maybe Micheals moving back to fullback

broncoman

Juniors
were gonna lose some players, i dont think Michael Ryan will play for brisbane again, Carlaw probably shouldnt play for brisbane again, and i worry how long guys like Michaels are willing to wait for a permenant spot, ive been mightily impressed with him but with Tate, Berrigan and Hodges all likely to fill 3 spots in the three quarter line for the next 5 years its hard to see others breaking in, particularly if Bott is persisted with. Id hate to lose Bott after the experience hes gained this year...

5 years is a long time, i mean in 2000 who would have said Karmichael Hunt and Leon Bott were in out team in 2005!

Mr Saab

Referee
i dont know if sean berrigan will be still there at 32 ys of age...and i dont know if Hunt will still be a fullback at 23. He iis a big fullback as it is (and only 18) and will be even bigger in 5 yrs