What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos targeting Jason Demetriou

Bench
There has been many kicks in the guts with our team, this one rates right up there with the retention of super coach, speachless with what Doust is doing, what next , I hate to think what the next announcement will. Be

SaintPauli

Juniors
What a frigging joke. Does Nona go? Leilua go?
JD left as he obviously was not getting along with the "boys club". I am sick of this boys club mentality. We will never win or make the top 4 unless we use proven and experienced coaches. Everyone wants a piece of the pie, if it's not the media it's coaching. The fact is you wanna be ex players ( coaches and media) are not all up for it. Another colosul fluff up by the Dragons CLUB. thanks for nothing.

Looks like McGregor is happy ! as JD was in prime position to take over.

A special notable thankyou to Mr Bennett.
Thanks for the sympathy towards a club that gave you everything you wanted. YEAH YEAH ITS BUSINESS.

I hope this leads to a major coach signing! The DRAGONS are well over due to perform. the pressure mounts.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Is there a forfeiture clause in any of these contracts?
We release a contracted player and we pay the other club what about coaches should the Bronco's be paying us the value of his unfinished contract?

FlameThrower

Bench
I find the wording of the press release interesting. "Granted an early release from his coaching contract to take up a multi-year offer with the Brisbane Broncos". Surely after his success he had a multi-year future at the dragons?
Unless the Hasler rumour has some legs and we couldn't guarantee his position beyond this year?
we can only hope!
Forget Hasler and 2018....I get the sense that the Club is actually out of any form of control? Ayoub is State and Country trainer quality, JD building an impressive CV and was on our books...perfect plan B as backup interim coach in 2017..but we go into offseason with more gaps and missing pieces than ever before. plus this magic committee who will struggle to get a paper clip moved...
What is going on here...!!!

Bench
I'm sure that scum Bennett has already decided which juniors he needs from us, his stench will never go away, he is a parasite

Drakon

Juniors
Just had a quick look at the Broncos forum. It doesn't even rate a mention there. At least yet. JD you were adored here. I sincerely hope you have a get out clause! But I doubt it.

SaintPauli

Juniors
A 3 year deal. We couldn't provide that ! JD was back home in Sydney with his extended family.
What are we doing !

We can only hope JD comes back one day "UNDER NEW DRAGONS MANAGEMENT" with a force to be reckoned with. Good Luck JD.

http://www.nrl.com/demetriou-joins-broncos-under-bennett/tabid/10874/newsid/102247/default.aspx

Quote JD :
"It's (Broncos) a very strong club, with great leaders and a great roster, and I look forward to playing my role in that."

As for Dragons management your days are numbered as you supporter base has completely lost any confidence in your abilities to run this football club as a successful team.

Tony Ayoub Gone.....
JD Gone......
I smell a RAT.

We need new blood NOW. Boys club mentality must go.
PS Coach Head is fine as he has potential, but with time.
Everyone else clean the plate.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
The board want us to fail and be relocated because they have no idea what to do (no balls either to bring change), that way they have a ready made excuse to cover their total incompetence.

How has the committee of saviours allowed this to happen - Mark Coyne is a Queenslander and mate of McGregor explains it all for me.

Red V for life

Juniors
I don't know what I'd do these days if I didn't get my daily dose of Dragons despair.

Really disappointed with this news. I was hoping we'd endure Mary for only 6 rounds next season before JD took over, but alas, it's not to be. I shouldn't be surprised though. It seems that everyone we are linked to rejects us, but when one of us is linked to someone else, it seems to be true more often than not.

I'm also really concerned about where this leaves us in the short to medium term. 2018 seems to be the target in terms of recruitment and retention, but that will only be productive if a decent coaching staff is announced early in 2017 for 2018.

Anyway, best of luck to JD.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bennett gave us 3 years but he has probably stabbed the club in the back more times than anyone I know. From the "Saints can't play", to taking our best talents in Tallis and Mundine, raping the club after he finished up and now JD. Surely there were other coaches he could have taken. He has no freakin mercy taking our ONLY hope for some success. The fans basically relying on him to provide this inept coaching structure some idea. Now they have the clueless bunch who have won nothing and are happy to prove us wrong by not coming last because that is what everyone tipped them to become.

In saying that JD is an assistant to the Broncos. If Saints are to offer him a full time role in rd6 2017 after a poor start, he may take it rather than stay as an assistant for 3 if he has ambitions to be an NRL coach. He can learn a couple of off season tips from Bennett.

Drakon

Juniors
"It's (Broncos) a very strong club, with great leaders and a great roster, and I look forward to playing my role in that."

Looks like a veiled dig at Dragons management to me!

As soon as Mary threw JD under the bus and was so f**king arrogant he didn't even call him by his name but the attacking coach from the Cowboys you had an idea he would go.

This we let him go and not stand in his way is just a load of crap.

Mary wanted him gone and he is.

PerthDragon

Juniors
What and absolute joke of a club we all support with bloody passion. The stench from these lot of so called ex Dragons players on the CStaff and the Board etc in the club in positions that are critical is absolutely appalling.

McImposter was obviously so threatened with JD (as I am sure the Twin Super Coaches in waiting were as well) that he and whoever's arse he licks that they had to find any way to move him on.

Been following this club with a passion and love for 40 plus years but this is the worst I can remember (and I though the Chinless years and C*&K Young years were bad) and now waiting for the next announcement of Luciano signing with the sharks.

What a bloody basket case STGI are.

Sad, Sad Days indeed.

So glad I did not renew and made it quite clear in my mail back to membership in regards to my above points.

Anyway guys let's hope something gives someday.

mickeylane

Bench
There's no way team Coyne etc would have let Demetriou leave unless there was a long term strategy in place.. I have no doubt that Mcgregor is teetering but will be given to round 8 to prove himself - don't be surprised then that the club announce IVAN CLEARY as the 2018 coach - I think Mcgregor will see out 2017 unless it's a disaster and the blue won't need to lay out his contract..

There's definitely something big afoot at the club re coaching ranks - I believe the Demetriou solution would have been too experimental - I think Dragons are targeting a proven coach..