What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos team 2009

Stizyler

Juniors
Imay be wrong but from what i knew Robinson & Manihera have been told they are not needed. Also Yow Yeh seems to be the favourite to fill the empty wing spot - apariently the Coaching staff really like him.

emil1989

Juniors
i had heard something like we're looking to sign lesley vainikolo? a player i coach who goes for the broncos told me that?any1 heard anything?

DeeJ

Bench
What a reliable source.

Also I am glad we are getting rid of Robinson and Manihera. Both just weren't up to standard. Robinson was pathetic and Manihera tried hard and was safe, but just isn't fast.

Dazzat

First Grade
i had heard something like we're looking to sign lesley vainikolo? a player i coach who goes for the broncos told me that?any1 heard anything?

No but my butcher's nephew told me we're looking to sign Jonah Lomu and Sonny Bill.

emil1989

Juniors
immature tossers..

i never said oh we're definitely signing him..i brought it up here to ask if any1 had heard anything cos i thought it wasnt true

JW

Coach
No but my butcher's nephew told me we're looking to sign Jonah Lomu and Sonny Bill.

Strange, Daz. Your butcher's nephew wouldn't happen to be my accountant's paper boy, would he? As I was told the exact same thing!

Dazzat

First Grade
Strange, Daz. Your butcher's nephew wouldn't happen to be my accountant's paper boy, would he? As I was told the exact same thing!

Small world ... that's the guy. Started out as a butcher until a couple of his fingers were found in the mince. Now a paperboy - and doing a damn good job may I add.

To give Emil a fair go ... it's not beyond the realms of impossibilities that Vainikolo could return to league as he seems he's out of favour with the powers-that-be in England rugby.

He also happens to be a great fan of Allan Langer ... who knows ...

neddy

Juniors
Manihera and robinson will not be going
but the future for that wing spot is looking bright with jarahl yow yeh set to make a huge impression and josh hoffman as a possible contender

do none of you guys rate michael spence from this years under 20's he is traning wi9th the top squad this off season will hopefully play nrl this year

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
Imay be wrong but from what i knew Robinson & Manihera have been told they are not needed. Also Yow Yeh seems to be the favourite to fill the empty wing spot - apariently the Coaching staff really like him.

How good is Yoh Yeh? I've never seen him in action. People have been talking this kid up everywhere on this forum. Is he the next Steve Renouf???

JW

Coach
Was brilliant in the Toyota Cup all year and clearly has the attributes to put him comfortably ahead of our other options for the vacant wing spot.

Big Pete

Referee
He had a brilliant season in the TC and by all reports is highly regarded amongst the coaching staff at the Broncos.

Having watched him through out the season he certainly has the potential to be a superb NRL winger but he does have some bugs to work out.

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
He had a brilliant season in the TC and by all reports is highly regarded amongst the coaching staff at the Broncos.

Having watched him through out the season he certainly has the potential to be a superb NRL winger but he does have some bugs to work out.

Defence or catching the high ball:???

Big Pete

Referee
Jharal's superb under the high ball no qualms there and that's how he scored the majority of his tries.

But yeah his defence and positioning need some minor adjustments but hopefully he can pick up on those as he makes the transition into first grade.

Smiley

Bench
I'm all for giving Yow Yeh the first shot next year, but I don't want the Broncos turning into Melbourne and Sydney. Bombing it out to Israel and Yow Yeh at the end of sets and hoping for the best, but I don't mind if other teams try it against us in defence. :D

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
I'm all for giving Yow Yeh the first shot next year, but I don't want the Broncos turning into Melbourne and Sydney. Bombing it out to Israel and Yow Yeh at the end of sets and hoping for the best, but I don't mind if other teams try it against us in defence. :D

Lol.

davidn

Juniors

Manihera going to Burleigh Bears

Big Pete

Referee
^ Thanks for that.

Speaking of signings we've also signed Ipswich prop forward Aaron Sweeney for 09. I've seen very little of him but boy he had a memorable performance. Plays a similar style to Hannant in that he's capable of some big runs but he's also very firey which could be a good thing as our pack especially towards the end of the season was quiet and at times submissive.

He's assigned to Burleigh as well who have also picked up Newcastle Knights Daniel Issac and Martin Paulson. Issac is a former Australian Schoolboy and he's remembered for being apart of the Turner trade in which he and Smith Samau were traded to the Gold Coast Titans as a peace treaty. He suffered a severe injury at some point and barely played a game before winding up in Newcastle and from memory was considered a bright prospect amongst their supporters. So it will be interesting to see if he plays for the Broncos at some point.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Sweeney was part of the Magpies S.G. Ball winning side of '02 that had Fulton, Gibbs, Collis, Roberts, Hoffman, De Gois and Albert Hopoate.

He's always been an aggressive hard nut of a bloke that loved to charge into the opposition. I can't comment on his current form or anything like that but one of my memories of him includes getting knocked out while playing at Campbelltown, getting up to try and thump the other bloke before stumbling backward and then taking the hit up off the penalty and running straight at him.

I've also heard that Liam Fulton kept him on the field one day by convincing the ref that he couldn't speak English.