What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos team 2009

Big Pete

Referee
Andrew McCullough has all the traits and abilities that compound to make a succesful hooker.

He has a superb passing game
A superb running game
A superb defensive game

and most importantly nowadays a good kicking game.

Honestly the success of the Under 20's can be attributed to him and to a lesser extent Hunt. However in the games I've seen it's usually McCullough who gets the Broncos out of danger through some daring plays and some well timed darts out of dummy half.

He's only going to get better as well which is a scary prospect.

EDIT: With that said though I don't believe he's the next Lewis, Langer or Lockyer. He's got a lot of ability and heart BUT he doesn't stand out like those three players did. Which is why I believe Smith is an apt comparison. Great players but no where near as inspiring as the above three.

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
taylor will improve with continued game time. playing 20 mins first garde every month isnt exactly helping him.

as usual expectations will be high on the broncs to make the 8 (regardless of the cattle). Ricky Stuart has taken a no name sharks pack up the ladder (and they also ahve a weak backline) so the potential for henjack to take this team to the finals next year isnt out of the question.

all we need is the forwards to hold their own and the backline will do the damage

i propose we send clinton and sims to penrith and get petro back

Dazzat

First Grade
as usual expectations will be high on the broncs to make the 8 (regardless of the cattle). Ricky Stuart has taken a no name sharks pack up the ladder (and they also ahve a weak backline) so the potential for henjack to take this team to the finals next year isnt out of the question.

Exactly right. Even Melbourne's pack is hardly big name, dynamic forwards. A front row of White and Lima would have hardly raised an eye-brow at the start of the year. White is the worst prop ever to play SOO, and Lima has only established himself this year.

Big Pete

Referee
April Belle,

Are there any new juniors we can look forward to seeing in the NYC next year? Apart from Kurtis Lingwoodock of course.

icewind

Juniors
taylor will improve with continued game time. playing 20 mins first garde every month isnt exactly helping him.

all we need is the forwards to hold their own and the backline will do the damage

i propose we send clinton and sims to penrith and get petro back

clinton, sims and marsh would surely cover civ's pay packet? plus our dropped balls stat would take a dive southward.

emil1989

Juniors
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Steve Michaels
3. Justin Hodges
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. PJ marsh
10. Joel Clinton
11. Corey Parker
12. Sam Thaiday
13. david stagg

14. aaron gorell
15. Ashton Sims
16. Dave Taylor
17. lagi setu

ben teo
Palmer Wapau

these players will be the top 19 pretty much i reckon..i absolutely love nick kenny

what position does isaac ah mau play??was it hooker?? and what positions can wapau play??

Dragons1990

Juniors
Broncos 2009

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Steve Michaels
3. Israel Folau
4. Justin Hodges
5. Kaine Manihera
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Corey Parker
12. Nick Kenny
13. Lagi Setu

14. David Stagg
15. Ashton Sims
16. Nick Kenny
17. Ben Te'o

18. PJ Marsh
19.Palmer Wapau

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah this perplexes me.
Is he injured?
When was the last time he had a run,v the Knights?

All Taylor needs is experience,imo and with that to improve him I think he'd be the next Ryan Hoffman/Anthony Topou.
I know Lockyer loves the short pass he does to Tunza but I think Taylor could step into that play very easily with some experience.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i never understood this either. does he have an attitude problem that we dont know about and bennett didnt like him or is he just bein VERY slowley blooded for NRL...?

surely in 09 he'll get more game time to prove himself

Smiley

Bench
If Hunt and Thaiday are sacked.

1. Hodges
2. Beale/Hoffman
3. Michaels
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Setu
13. Stagg

14. Marsh
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. Teo

Stizyler

Juniors
what position does isaac ah mau play??was it hooker?? and what positions can wapau play??

Ah Mau is a Prop but from what i have been told he may not be with the Broncos next season anyways. something to do with Broncos wanting him to play with one of their feeder teams and Isaac wanting to stay with the jets, imo it is all because Kevvie is now in France but who knows.

Wapau is a 2nd row/ lock although he has been playing alot of 5/8 with fins this year. from what i have seen and what i have been told he is best used running wide like a loose forward, so probably not a backup prop.

Dazzat

First Grade
Wapau is a 2nd row/ lock although he has been playing alot of 5/8 with fins this year. from what i have seen and what i have been told he is best used running wide like a loose forward, so probably not a backup prop.

He was used on the left side by Redcliffe mainly. I reckon he could be a real attacking weapon with Thaiday on that side of the ruck. He doesn't qualify as a 'signing' as he isn't coming from another NRL club, but from what I've seen he's already at NRL standard. Just didn't get the breaks this year.

DeeJ

Bench
Yeah he was awesome last night in a losing team. Absolutely destructive when running the ball. Unfortunately for him, Manly seemed to nullify his ability to jump for kicks.

1. Hunt
2. Hoffman
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Clinton
9. Gorrell
10. Sims
11. Thaiday
12. Parker