What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos v Roosters - Teams named

legend

Coach
I really feel sory for Fitzgibbon. He was having a great year and is a genuinely nice bloke so to see his season cut short by injury is a shame. He was a certain starter for the test against N.Z next month.

Is he still able to get back in time for the Kangaroo tour?

The other thing is the injury to both Hodges and Fitzgibbon must really damage the Roosters title aspirations, especially now their number one kicker has gone down.

salivor

First Grade
Penelope the key point there is that it was proven that he turf had nothing to do with the injury. As for an investigation, theres nothing to investigate. They were nervous about the stadium because they were on such a tight deadline and only got the pitch in about a week before the Broncos played Newcastle there. It was never ready but the corporates could smell the cash. The surface had definetly improved last night compared to the previous two matches there and they are still looking into their options about relaying the pitch.

Legend the news tonight said 3-4 months. If hes out for the full 4 months that would mean missing the tour wouldn't it? 3 months and that means the season.

Legend, I have three qualities that sum me up. I am a fool, an idiot magnet and I never lose faith. A fatal combination, I know.

To answer your question, my first thought when I saw Justin Hodges hurt was, we're gone for the season. We have now lost Fitzy, it would appear for the season and Finch, if the reports are true for about 4 weeks.

We have sustained virtually mortal wounds in our Premiership Back to Back challenge. That is just with injuries. We also have reports circulating that Freddy may not be re-signing with the Club and this must affect morale. In addition to that we still have representatives in SOO3.

Despite the reality of our situation, I won't give up. I don't beleive that the Players, Coach, Trainers or Club will give up either. The will to achieve, the belief in one's self against the odds, is a very underestimated quality. It is a quality that the Roosters as a Team possess. I haven't given up hope and I'm sure that with the culture of the club there is no way they have either.

Against the odds, I have no doubt that we will be there at the end of the Season.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
I am with you Pen.

No doubt that losing Hodgo and especially Fitz puts a damper on our Premiership campaign however, 2 players dont make a team.

We still have strong forwards, excellent backs and a great half combination, and the greatest coaching staff.

The Roosters will be there come September and the spriit in the Club is so high that I reckon our boys are capable of pulling it off.

Anyway I just hope we dont have to play the Broncos first (in the finals), which are my only main concern to be perfectly honest, and if we can stay in the top 4 that just wont happen.