What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos vs Chooks *Spoilers*

Tommy Smith

Referee
Geez that Mini isnt a bad player is he?

Not bad for someone who should be replaced as Aussie FB!

Which is fair enough because as we saw tonight, he has nothing! Cant pass, cant catch, cant run, cant defend. Hack...

Tommy Smith said:

Which is fair enough because as we saw tonight, he has nothing! Cant pass, cant catch, cant run, cant defend. Hack...

So what's your point?

God I hope I don't see another game that bad this season.

Ghoulies

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
God I hope I don't see another game that bad this season.
Mmm....

We're fighting for the minor premiership and I still couldn't help myself from dozing off towards the end.

Eddie.

Bench
Tommy Smith said:

No one says Mini is a bad player, he is a great player

Hodgo also plays that sort of game week in week out.

What annoys me is when people say Mini is in a league of his own in terms of fullbacks, which is wrong. Hodgson is just as good a player.

Anyway one of the worstt games of the year without doubt.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Eddie. said:
No one says Mini is a bad player, he is a great player

Hodgo also plays that sort of game week in week out.

What annoys me is when people say Mini is in a league of his own in terms of fullbacks, which is wrong. Hodgson is just as good a player.

Anyway one of the worstt games of the year without doubt.
Ofcourse he does. He's the next immortal.

You really think he plays that well EVERY WEEK? 1 Try Assist, 2 tries, 3 line breaks, 260 metres...And thats just in attack.

I believe that would project Hodgsons stats at 48 tries, 72 line breaks, 24 try assists and allottt of metres per year.

Hodgson is a very good player. Along with hornby the 2nd best FB in the comp IMO. I just find it amusing how people could try and put him in the Aussie side ahead of Mini...who as we saw tonight, and in origin, and on the Roo tour, is a pretty good player himslef.

Eddie.

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
Ofcourse he does. He's the next immortal.

You really think he plays that well EVERY WEEK? 1 Try Assist, 2 tries, 3 line breaks, 260 metres...And thats just in attack.

I believe that would project Hodgsons stats at 48 tries, 72 line breaks, 24 try assists and allottt of metres per year.

Hodgson is a very good player. Along with hornby the 2nd best FB in the comp IMO. I just find it amusing how people could try and put him in the Aussie side ahead of Mini...who as we saw tonight, and in origin, and on the Roo tour, is a pretty good player himslef.

Along with Hornby??!...please

Lets be serious for a minute here.

Stats

Tries Min 13-11

Try assists - Hodgo 8-4

Line Breaks Hodgo 25-18

Hit ups per game - Mini 19-12

Metres per game - Mini 170-130

Errors - Mini 43 Hodgo 37

Mist Tackles - Hodgo 58 Mini 37

Kicks in General - Hodgo play 19-14

Offloads - Hodgo 19-18

Tackles - Mini 112-108

Goal kicks - Hodgo 97-0;-)

Mini doesnt deserve to lose his place. But in the NRL this season Hodgson has been on par with him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Those stats are very close.

Metres per game and missed tackles, two of THE most important FB stats are well in Minis favour. And if Mini has compiled those stats with Finch at half and no 5/8 in a team going ordinary its scarey to imagine what he could do playing alongside Prince/Marshall in the electrifying Tigers team. You know i make a good point there.

Besides, comparing stats is pointless IMO. They hardly tell the whole stroy for if they did Danny Nutley and Paul Gallen would be two of the top 5 or so forwards in the game.

And Hornby is a great player...going brilliant for the Dragons even though he is at halfback.which shows his versatility. He and Hodgson are pretty similar.

OVP

Coach
Jesus H Christ.

I clicked on the last page of this thread, and how amazing, the Tigers fans are talking up Hodgson over Mini AGAIN.

Pfffttt put a nail in it, Mini aint a ragdoll.

Tommy Smith

Referee
OVP said:
Jesus H Christ.

I clicked on the last page of this thread, and how amazing, the Tigers fans are talking up Hodgson over Mini AGAIN.

Pfffttt put a nail in it, Mini aint a ragdoll.
I must fess up though...i did throw out the line...:)

Caught two as well.:D

Eddie.

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
Those stats are very close.

Metres per game and missed tackles, two of THE most important FB stats are well in Minis favour. And if Mini has compiled those stats with Finch at half and no 5/8 in a team going ordinary its scarey to imagine what he could do playing alongside Prince/Marshall in the electrifying Tigers team. You know i make a good point there.

Yeah, it is a good point. Line Breaks and errors are a fairly important stat as well.

Im not saying Hodgson is a better player, i just dont like it when you blokes go on like Minichello is so superior.

OVP

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
I must fess up though...i did throw out the line...:)

Caught two as well.:D

Gold, my friend, gold :lol:

p.s. they are STILL going at it though :roll:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just from an outsiders view

Hodgson has been great this year but Mini has done nothing wrong and can't really be dumped for no reason.

I'd like to see Hodgson make the Tri Nations team as Mini's backup tho similar to how Matt Bowen made the team last year.

lotti

Bench
hey Hurri do you realize that if your team wins you guys could be top of the table thanks to the Roosters?

lotti

Bench
yeah, the poor Broncos not only did they lose the match but they lost the top spot on the ladder as well.

Hurriflatch

Referee
even better Tahu, Morrison and Hindmarsh will be back for that game while McKinnon, Wagon, Peek, Vella and Petersen are all returning this week

right at the same time as Brisbane get a lot of injuries.

also PArra owe the Broncos some payback for round 5.

Hurriflatch

Referee
lotti said:
yeah, the poor Broncos not only did they lose the match but they lost the top spot on the ladder as well.

If the Tigers and Eels win (regardless of margins) thge Broncos will be 4th.

lotti

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
If the Tigers and Eels win (regardless of margins) thge Broncos will be 4th.
Sorry but Melbourne have a very good reason (other than staying in the 8) to win tomorrow, it's Robbie's and Robbo's final game at Olympic.