What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

broncs could spring an upset

drake

First Grade
No upset, but Broncos fans have little reason to be upset. At least the team is trying and playing with heart. They just lack a wealth of experience.

The Broncos gonna have a long season.

Their best player, Hodges is gone till round 22 or whatever which is a massive blow. Lockyer's past it by a long way, he's barely a threat with the ball basically throwing hospital passes and inside balls. If they can bring on Tronc and Kenny hits his straps, along with Sims and Anderson on the bench and a backrow featuring Parker and Gillet, they could get some good go forward but they'll still struggle.

kbw

Bench
The Broncos gonna have a long season.

Their best player, Hodges is gone till round 22 or whatever which is a massive blow. Lockyer's past it by a long way, he's barely a threat with the ball basically throwing hospital passes and inside balls. If they can bring on Tronc and Kenny hits his straps, along with Sims and Anderson on the bench and a backrow featuring Parker and Gillet, they could get some good go forward but they'll still struggle.

The day Hodges is anyone's best player is the day I stop watching RL.
While the slug is a decent player, he aint close to their best.
It isn't Lockyers fault, if Thaiday and friends get out of his way then he might do ok.

miccle

Bench
I was more proud after the loss to the Dragons that I've been after any other game this year tbh. Thought we showed plenty of promise and good determination, just don't have the cattle. A very long shot to make the eight, but with players like Folau, Kenny, Parker, Yow Yeh and Kemp all to come back into the side from Friday night, I think we can avoid the spoon.

More than anything it's just tough that Norman, Copley, Beale and Gillett are starting out at the same time. Give it two or three years and the likes of Gillett, Beale, Glenn and maybe a few more will be extremely solid NRL players, possibly pushing for rep.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The day Hodges is anyone's best player is the day I stop watching RL.
While the slug is a decent player, he aint close to their best.
It isn't Lockyers fault, if Thaiday and friends get out of his way then he might do ok.

How was life under that rock in 2006?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I was more proud after the loss to the Dragons that I've been after any other game this year tbh. Thought we showed plenty of promise and good determination, just don't have the cattle. A very long shot to make the eight, but with players like Folau, Kenny, Parker, Yow Yeh and Kemp all to come back into the side from Friday night, I think we can avoid the spoon.

More than anything it's just tough that Norman, Copley, Beale and Gillett are starting out at the same time. Give it two or three years and the likes of Gillett, Beale, Glenn and maybe a few more will be extremely solid NRL players, possibly pushing for rep.

I thought Kemp was out for a while longer. Didn't he break a rib or two?

DeadElvis

Juniors
Wouldn't mind the Broncs getting their inaugural spoon........but can you go past a Ricky Stuart inspired Sharks side for the crown?

DeadElvis

Juniors
Maybe.....but if Locky gets injured then you slip down a competitive cog.....saying that the Sharkies have got to be specials.......

Ricky is not a coaches asshole

Loudstrat

Coach
No one's mentioned Parra in spoon talk? The for last year was better than the current form when they were everyone's spoon pick.

Still, Brisbane deserve it!

pantherz9103

First Grade
As someone whose not exactly enjoyed the Broncos consistent success over the years, I hope Broncos miss the 8 and that is definately a chance this year, but I think its asking too much for them to get the spoon, unless Lockyer and Wallace miss alot of football. I just hope Sharks don't play them into form and let Brisbane win by a big score.

Latest posts