What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronson Harrison ---> Canberra

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
had to happen, he was never going to be used properly here.

I hope he shed's a few kegs and plays at Lock or Second Row for the Raiders.

He'll carve up big time if that happens.

brooksy19

Bench
Certainley was never used correctly with us, hope this doesn't blow up in our faces.

No doubt he'll go on to be a test regular if played correctly, i.e wide running back-rower.

Perth Tiger

Bench
It is unfortunate for us that we could get the best out of him, we all know why, but it is probably a good move for Bronson and his career if he is given a shot in the back row

super_coach

First Grade
It has to be noted, Sheens just cant go and tap contracted players on the head and say see you latter. Their has to be a club willing to take over their contract. So the real nufties and we have a few,we are stuck with unless a club out their thinks are worth a gamble. So in other words its players like Harrison with undoubted talent that will get snapped up others who will remain nameless we are stuck with till their contract ends

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe we backloaded Payne's contract. He's annoyingly hopeless and chewing up $ now when on lesser money, how much will we hate him when he's in his final year on twice as much coin?

Backloading contracts is a dopey idea, you take average players, overpay them and then they become completely unattractive for any other side, and you're lumped with them until their career ends, then the only way they can continue earning the same money is to leave the country

Perth Tiger

Bench
Yeah thats what i thought. So we only have to put up with him for next year.

As long as the brains trust don't re-sign him

Darth Bobo

Furner refers to him as a "strike backrower" in the articles about him singing so looks like they are planning on using him in the right position. The kid was not a prop.

The Gambler

Juniors
Why are we getting rid of the few players we have with natural talent?
We can say what we want about how Harrison has been used, but the bottom line is he has had ample opportunity to develop and show us what he has got. He has been unable to do that, so I am not too fussed to see him released.

I wish him all the best, maybe he needs a change of clubs to hit some good form.

We can say what we want about how Harrison has been used, but the bottom line is he has had ample opportunity to develop and show us what he has got. He has been unable to do that, so I am not too fussed to see him released.

I wish him all the best, maybe he needs a change of clubs to hit some good form.

or maybe he just needs to lose a bit of weight and stay in the backrow????
i thought he had a awesome 2007 too

Tiger Hawk

Bench
We can't keep persisting with him if he only figures in Sheens' plans at prop. It's that simple. Piss and moan all you want about his natural talent and performances in the juniors at centre but he clearly doesn't fit Sheens' plans out wide (rightly or wrongly). As a prop, he's ordinary (being kind) so it's the best thing for both. He'll get a chance out wide with Canberra as they're pretty loaded at prop.

brook

First Grade
It'll be the best thing for Bronson.

If he loses some bulk and picks up on his speed and agility again he'll fit right in at Canberra and he's still young enough for a fresh start (hell lots of players are still getting their first start at his age).

I hate the fact we refused to use him properly but I'd much rather see him get a fair go at another club rather than waste away as a mediocre prop with us.

westie

Bench
And yet we keep Halatau. Who offers little... on the odd occasion he actually catches the ball.

The thing I don't understand is, Sheens knows he's rubbish. There was a period there where he was shifted to the bench and then PL and I thought it was all over. But he's somehow made a reappearance despite proving useless over and over.

Latest posts