What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronx Goodwin

Raider_69

Post Whore
true skeepe, how that doesnt change much, management are inepted and f**ked, just means they didnt management to f**k up this situation on their own

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
My mail is that he was quite happy at Canberra. Perhaps he was hoping to break in to first grade this year and I can only imagine how demoralising it must be to see who has been getting a go in front of him. Do I need to mention any names???

birdsteeth

Juniors
Tokyo_Raider said:
Maybe the guy just wanted to go back to Sydney.

He actually spent most of his time in Perth playing footy for Aranmore College, the only school that has league over here.

Raider Ultra said:
How many times have you seen him play this year?

I thought the same thing. I reckon a lot of people on here are commenting on PL performers without even watching them, that's why I try and refrain comment, as I've only seen about 4 games this year.

Raider Azz

Bench
even if timbo did see him play this year, i still wouldn't take his word. he does rate howell as a rep player of the future, after all.

Timbo

Staff member
Find a quote when I seriously suggest David Howell as a rep player.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ball boy said:
He would have being my fullback to.. i have only missed two of his games this year.

your opinion i will take on board, so im going to ask why ball boy?
what impresses you about him? From limited veiwing he seems to me to be a solid player playing behind a bloody good PL team, his positional play is average, his attack is average, and his defence is average... in other words imo, an average player

Chachi

Bench
Solid player. Reminds me of Paul Beath - never quite good enough to break into FG on a regular basis. Can't say this departure rates with the Schif announcement, but good luck to him.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I haven't seen much of him but who do the club have next season that is a geniune fullback? Zilly is a 5/8 and Chalk is being moved to the backrow, surely Goodwin would've been good to keep around as he's probably next in line..

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Zilly needs to be the 5/8..he needs as many touches as possible.

Chalk should be fullback if bronx is not available, if not, Graham..i remember he played there for awhile.

sydraider

First Grade
If Zilly is 5/8th, where do you play carney?
Most here agree he is more of a runner than an organiser.
Is zillman a potential organiser?

Then where does that leave Dobson?

Raider Azz

Bench
zillman at fullback, carney at 5/8 and dobson at halfback would be my preference for next year. it's already been pretty much confirmed that zillman will replace shifcofske.

sydraider

First Grade
Raider Azz said:
zillman at fullback, carney at 5/8 and dobson at halfback would be my preference for next year. it's already been pretty much confirmed that zillman will replace shifcofske.

Its how I would play them also.

Raider_69

Post Whore
in a perfect world we should have signed a fullback to replace schif
and played the following

6. Carney
7. Dobson
9. Withers
13. Tongue
14. Zillman

but since we dont have a chance to sign a good fullback (cheers clinton), then im inclinde to go with either chalk or zilly at fullback and if that does work (which id gather will be the outcome) push hard for a fullback in the new year (no june 30 helps)

cooba

Juniors
You'll all be in for a big surprise when "Slipper" arrives- my feeling he will go for Chalk as fullback.

Raider Azz

Bench
cooba said:
You'll all be in for a big surprise when "Slipper" arrives- my feeling he will go for Chalk as fullback.
i don't think you'll find many of us complaining either way.

skeepe

Immortal
I'd like to see Carney played in the centres. He certainly knows how to break the line, definately has some speed about him too.

Then have a Zillman/Dobson halves combo.

sydraider

First Grade
skeepe said:
I'd like to see Carney played in the centres. He certainly knows how to break the line, definately has some speed about him too.

Then have a Zillman/Dobson halves combo.

Interesting concept indeed :-k

Latest posts