What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronx Goodwin

Mal Meninga

Bench
Carney needs to be near the ruck because he's the best kicker in the side and his defense is still suspect for the fringes and he can be 'shielded' abit more. Zilly playing fullback isn't the worst idea in the world as the games changed to the point where alot of fullbacks such as Bowen, Webb, Lockeyer, and so on can play alot of 2nd reciever.

thickos

First Grade
skeepe said:
I'd like to see Carney played in the centres. He certainly knows how to break the line, definately has some speed about him too.

Then have a Zillman/Dobson halves combo.

Interesting theory but I think he (Carney) would see that as a big demotion and slap in the face for his half/playmaking skills.

skeepe

Immortal
thickos said:
Interesting theory but I think he (Carney) would see that as a big demotion and slap in the face for his half/playmaking skills.

You're probably right. Plus we'd lose the benefits of his excellent kicking. Although from what I remember Dobson had a great kicking game... kind of hard to remember though as I haven't seen him since he did cruciates in both legs.

reptar

Juniors
Dobson has a better short kicking game, Carney has it over him in the long kick department.

paulquinn49

Bench
I thought Centres had to tackle?

This would rule Carney out imo who has woeful positioning at the best of times.

Raider_69

Post Whore
skeepe said:
I'd like to see Carney played in the centres. He certainly knows how to break the line, definately has some speed about him too.

Then have a Zillman/Dobson halves combo.

interesting concept
i like the way you throw things like this out there but as people before me have said, in the end i dont think it would work, if any of the the halves are the play out in the centres, zillman would be my pick

Bay56

First Grade
skeepe said:
Carney's defence has been quite good of late. Withers, on the other hand...

agree skip ...

I keep a fairly close eye on Carney (as does my daughter but for different reasons) and I've noticed he is being pushed off by the tacklee at lot less in the past two games.

woodgers

Bench
I think Carney has been doing 'extras' on his defence after training with Dave Furner. I think I read that somewhere.

I would keep Carney in the halves. I'm becoming more of a fan of 5/8 for him simply on his ability to get the ball to the outside backs. This also has a negative in that he will usually have less time with the ball if he chooses to run it.

ball boy

Bench
Raider_69 said:
your opinion i will take on board, so im going to ask why ball boy?
what impresses you about him? From limited veiwing he seems to me to be a solid player playing behind a bloody good PL team, his positional play is average, his attack is average, and his defence is average... in other words imo, an average player

His support play is excellent, his attack is very good, i believe he is the top try scorer in the club atm, and his defence is improving. I dont really think he is just a solid player behind a bloody good PL team, he is one of the reasons why it is a bloody good PL team and they struggled when he was out injured. Other coaches also rate him very highly and i know he is talked about in many of the other teams game plans.

hotdogs

Juniors
as i've said in another topic about this guy he's going to penrith, following in the footsteps of elliott, snoopy and jenno.
to be honest yes i thought he was an ordinary player last year and not really ready for FG, but this year i think he's improved hugely and does deserve a go. interesting to see how he'll go there seen its still with elliott and obviously he hasn't shown him any confidence, but good luck to him!

Raider_69

Post Whore
cheers for the news hotdogs, you've always been on the money so looks like bronx is gone

Ball boy, what is our junior fullback situation looking like? Have we got another decent prospect to take up bronx's PL possy?

ball boy

Bench
Troy O sullivan will go alright. Brent Crisp also maybe but id say sully is ahead of him at the moment.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Isnt Crispy more of a winger then fullback?
Ive herd abit about Sully, so hopefully he can step up

Chachi

Bench
Don't know where all this Souths crap has come from. Donny Furner was on the ABC this morning saying he just received an email from Bronx's manager stating that he was nearly ready to extend his contract with us. Furner was "90% sure" Goodwin would be signing for us (within a week I think).

Go figure...