What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brookvale Oval

Simo

First Grade
I went to Brookie for the semi, first time ive been there. Sat on the hill, had a very good view of the game, beer was served quick in a jam packed crowd and dunnies were close by (down a hill up the back of the ground.)

An upgrade to some parts could be good but all in all it cops a bad rap now that ive actually been there.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
But Brad Pitt has been successful

:crazy:

If you look at the favours Manly have had in the klast few decades, they have been a rank faikure:
  • Funded by Kerry Packer
  • Buying the best players in the league - regardless of the damage
  • League run by ArkHole
  • FU-lton running the Australian team
  • REferees bending over backwards to get Manly through
with all this help, you should have won 20 premierships. That makes your sh*tty, fraudulent club complete failures.

This is why everyone hates Manly. Even thru cheating, you are still rank failures playing out of a sh*thole.

Problem is - you don't have the brains to realise this - so Manly losers are arrogant about what is a massive failure.

Any siu

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
If you look at the favours Manly have had in the klast few decades, they have been a rank faikure:
  • Funded by Kerry Packer
  • League run by ArkHole
with all this help, you should have won 20 premierships. That makes your sh*tty, fraudulent club complete failures.

This is why everyone hates Manly. Even thru cheating, you are still rank failures playing out of a sh*thole.

Problem is - you don't have the brains to realise this - so Manly losers are arrogant about what is a massive failure.

Any siu

I don't care :lol:

2008 premiers

Perth Red

Post Whore
I went to Brookie for the semi, first time ive been there. Sat on the hill, had a very good view of the game, beer was served quick in a jam packed crowd and dunnies were close by (down a hill up the back of the ground.)

An upgrade to some parts could be good but all in all it cops a bad rap now that ive actually been there.

you were lucky it wasn't raining!

Juzzy83

Juniors
  • Funded by Kerry Packer
  • League run by ArkHole

Any siu

What a fun life you must live!!

Loudstrat

Coach
Brookie redevelopment should never happen. Imagine removing the eastern hill that so many slide down - it's the best entertainment at Brookie!

Seriously, NSW has bugger all in the coffers, so I doubt they'd wast it on Manly supporters. Besides, crowds at Brookie in recent years have been bigger than I can remember. I think it serves the peninsula well.

Snoz

Juniors
Interesting.

In the famous criteria of 1999, one key element was a decent football ground. Manly had no money, terrible crowds - and an absolute sh*thole of a ground.

So, why were they not rated last and kicked out of the comp?

because performance also counted and manly are one of the best performing sides in the history of the game

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Interesting.

In the famous criteria of 1999, one key element was a decent football ground. Manly had no money, terrible crowds - and an absolute sh*thole of a ground.

So, why were they not rated last and kicked out of the comp?

So from nothing to holding the trophy in 5 years after seperating from the bears. It makes the bears look pretty ordinary when they couldn't win a trophy in nearly 90 years. You couldn't even win reserve grade.

mightybears

Bench
So from nothing to holding the trophy in 5 years after seperating from the bears. It makes the bears look pretty ordinary when they couldn't win a trophy in nearly 90 years. You couldn't even win reserve grade.

While stats/victories etc are obviously on Manly's side, we did win 8 reserve grade premierships, how many for the evil over the roseville bridge? How many reserve grade matches did Manly win in 1991, now there is a great record! If you need to be smart at least get it right.

http://www.mightybears.com/viewtopic.php?t=1320

and 1991 Manly!: http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maajjs/aus/nsw/sum/nsw1991.htm

Last edited:

bennoonthehill

Juniors
I think you're reaching a bit there champ - he was pretty clearly referring to last years Bears managing to snatch defeat for the jaws of victory.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors

You only exist through fraud. You used the Bears to survive.

Manly winning is like a rapist saying " I am a successful lover".

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who wouldn't want to spend a day at this world class sporting venue?

brookvaleoval30ec.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts