What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers-Valleys for the 2004 Qld Cup

Will Brothers-Valleys be team number 12 in the Cup?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harko

Juniors
Big Tommy said:
Harko

If we get in we'll finish ahead of the Comets! Is that competitive enough?

Hope you do get in the comp now so we can proove you wrong!

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Stay tuned for an article in the Summer Edition of Rugby League Review about the result of Brothers-Valleys bid for entry into the Qld Cup.

chileman

Coach
Stewbum said:
Stay tuned for an article in the Summer Edition of Rugby League Review about the result of Brothers-Valleys bid for entry into the Qld Cup.
When does that come out Stewbum and who makes the final decision??

It's a joke Brothers-Valleys aren't in the Qld Cup already. The performances of a couple of clubs in the previous 2 seasons emphasises this point clearly.

Whats Doing

Bench
However can they pay their bills. The previous clubs were and still owe money!! Whilst the performance of the clubs you have referred to may not have been great, they at least paid their players!!!

fat jabber

Juniors
Exactly who do they owe money to ?

Or are you just rehashing the lies of a certain "identity" who has an axe to grind ?

Perhaps you can name the current Qld Cup club which is being pursued through legal channels for NOT paying their CEO from season 2003 ?

Meanwhile as 3 current Qld Cup clubs struggle to deal with mounting debts the ruling body focuses it's resources on the important issue of the design of the Origin jersey in a bid to take advantage of Christmas gift-buying season.

The emperor has no clothes and his name is not Wally.

His body is however slightly coverd as his skin is stained by the blood of Western Suburbs Panthers, Logan Scorpions, Past Brothers Leprachauns and the Fortitude Valley Diehards.

Fiddle on Nero, AFL, Rugby and Soccer are proud of your "efforts".

XXXX Cap

Juniors
When the forumers execute their coup to take over the game in Queensland, we might appoint Jabber as the divine dictator in recognition of his single-minded and scathing attacks on the current regime.

Great work as usual, Jabber. :D :D :D

Did Brothers pay all their players in 95. One player told me three of them had to get a solicitor involved before they got their money I was wondering if all the others got theirs.

Whats Doing

Bench
I don't have an axe to grind over B-V as the former clubs were folded prior to moving to the state.

Just know what happened, has happened and will happen

fat jabber

Juniors
NB.

None of my posts are intended to be personal attacks... apologies if they are taken as such.

Facts
a) Brothers paid all players for 1995

b) Neither Brothers nor Valleys have ANY outstanding debts to players or officials from previous seasons.

c) At least 2 current Qld Cup clubs do have outstanding debts to players and/or officials.

Question... (not a personal attack)

If you were not in the state, how can you
"Just know what happened, has happened and will happen"
to use your words .... as your knowledge would be based on nothing more than rumour, innuendo and second-hand stories ?

Perhaps you can tell us all what "will happen" and why "it" did not happen in 2002 or 2003 ?

Were you aware of the conditions and guarantees that BV were required to lodge in order to gain entry to the BRL and A Grade comps ?

Why is it that other "new clubs" were not required to clear old debts or obtain financial guarantees ?

The playing field is far from level.

mud n blood

Juniors
Just in case my club is one of those having the finger pointed at them, all Wests players are paid first and foremost (not that we ever have to pay too many 'win' bonuses ..... )

Our debt extends only to the Brisbane City Council for their typical mistake-riddled and unprofessional incompetence over the 'leaking water' scandal. Blame Jim Soorley and Silly-Anne Atkinson wholly and solely for our all our woes ! :x They are a pair of f**k knuckles at best .....

Now that I have that off my chest ...... I feel so much better .....

But yes, from the documents I have seen, certainly the field is far from even for the Blues. I hear rumblings that 2 new criteria for Qld Cup next year may not be met by at least 3 current well-financed clubs. :D

fat jabber

Juniors
Unless the previously mentioned Nero, Emperor and their errand boy reside in Bardon there is no intention to implicate the area.

At the end of the day the QRX Panthers were another who burned whilst those who should know better formed a taskforce to redesign the Qld Origin Jumper.

Which monkey is which?

See nothing

Hear nothing

Speak nothing.

Ironically all 3 monkeys are naked emperors.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
fat jabber said:
Unless the previously mentioned Nero, Emperor and their errand boy reside in Bardon there is no intention to implicate the area.

At the end of the day the QRX Panthers were another who burned whilst those who should know better formed a taskforce to redesign the Qld Origin Jumper.

Which monkey is which?

See nothing

Hear nothing

Speak nothing.

Ironically all 3 monkeys are naked emperors.

The errand boy lives in Rosalie which borders Bardon in fact. He likes the array of fresh deli delights available from the trendy local shops.

Very rugby league indeed...... :roll:

Big Tommy

Juniors
People should be clear what they mean when they not only speak erroneously about Brothers financial history but when they directly infer that financial mismanagement will be part of our future.

Such a statement is a big slur for those currently involved in the club and won't be tolerated.

If that is the sort of tripe which is going to be trotted out to deny our entry into the Qld Cup, it's crap and won't cut the mustard I'm afraid!

Quote from today's paper..

"Livermore said the Queensland Cup should consist of 12 teams next year but two clubs - Toowoomba Clydesdales and Tweed Heads - had not been accepted "at this stage"

"There are a couple of questions they need to answer before we accept them", he said. "

Interesting!!

Can somebody perhaps elaborate on this more?

Tigertread

Juniors
In today's paper Livermore said they were "housekeeping" matters and expected them to be sorted out by the deadline.

Latest posts