What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers-Valleys for the 2004 Qld Cup

Will Brothers-Valleys be team number 12 in the Cup?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Big Tommy

Juniors
Obviously I think this should occur for a whole variety of reasons - but I am concerned when I hear QRL identities talking about a "strong 10 team competition".

Give me a break, do the right thing and put these two great names in Queensland league back where they belong.

Tommy I heard the 10 team quote as well.
I also heard there are plans afoot in Mackay to have a side in the Qld Cup in the next 2 years whether they try and fast track it for next year I don't know but should be interesting to see what happens anyway.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Brothers would be the new whipping boys of the comp....but still I think they should be there.

mud n blood

Juniors
Is this wher I make one of my now-famous "calls" and predict that BroVal will finish above Souths and Central next year ??? (No bet attached, of course :roll: )

B-V won't be admitted. Wests have opted out. Mackay won't be there either. I guess the Sunbury Cougars from Victoria would be the best bet .... :lol:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
wouldnt matter if you put a bet attached to any of your "calls", cause you never go through with them anyway :roll:

Dirty Hoe said:
Brothers would be the new whipping boys of the comp....but still I think they should be there.

I'd still put my money on the Magpies to get the 'spoon (after this year's effort) if B-V were admitted and the QRL did run with a 12-team comp.

What's Doing I've heard the same thing. I've heard I don't know if it's true or not that 6 or 7 of the players they have in mind to be playing for them are already contracted to Wynnum.

asaint

Juniors
The excuse they use for not allowing B-V in the comp will be more interesting.

Apparently the numbers at training are very promising but they could have the entire St George team & they still wouldn't get in.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It was great to see in yesterday's paper that Livermore and Co has been tackling the vitally important issues in Rugby League like the design of the State of Origin jersey.

If it's OK, Rugby League must be travelling well. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Harko

Juniors
Even if they did get accepted do they really have the time to put together a competitive side???

mud n blood

Juniors
Each year they've had up to 6 or 8 QC regulars signed on the proviso they get accepted. This is the ridiculous nature of the system the QRL utilises.

I don't know how they would go about it, either close applications earlier so they can start on an even keel recruiting or give them permission in November to start in 2005. I don't know which is best but not letting them know earlier is leaving them on a hiding to nothing.

Latest posts