What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers-Valleys in Qld Cup

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Congratulations to all concerned with Brothers-Valleys.

In this day and age of struggling clubs dropping out of competitions, what a great effort to reform and work towards getting back to the top tier competition.

I hope supporters of other clubs help to significantly bolster the crowds for all the Blues home games.

A terrific bit of news - maybe the spirit of Pedro Gallagher helped a bit.

DIEHARD

----
YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON SEASON 2004! SEE YOU ALL THERE!

BROTHERS-VALLEYS FOR LIFE! :D :D :D :D :D

The Q Facor

Juniors
At last the QRL have seen the light!

Great news for Brothers Valleys!!! :D :D

Anyone know if Gary O'Brien will be the 1st Grade Coach? He should be.
I heard in the local rag that they will be moving out to Zillmere. Anyone got any news on this?

mud n blood

Juniors
Yes - they're playing out of Northern Eagles (ie Windsor-Zillmere) AFC ground at O'Callaghan Park.

Secondly, don't get too far ahead of yourselves. There's still no Wests this year. I don't think they would have been admitted had Wests applied, irrespective of how good or bad the applications were from both clubs. (A few here know why ....)

So it's a bit of a double-edged sword in my view.

zulu

Juniors
mud n blood said:
Yes - they're playing out of Northern Eagles (ie Windsor-Zillmere) AFC ground at O'Callaghan Park.

Secondly, don't get too far ahead of yourselves. There's still no Wests this year. I don't think they would have been admitted had Wests applied, irrespective of how good or bad the applications were from both clubs. (A few here know why ....)

So it's a bit of a double-edged sword in my view.

Will you be supporting BV next year in the QLD Cup Mud?

Fampa

Juniors
The article in todays Courier Mail indicated that approval had not yet been granted for either Toowoomba or Tweed Heads. Not that I doubt they will play again next year, but why the hold up?

mud n blood

Juniors
The QRL want 'additional information' for their applications to be processed .... whatever the f**k that means :roll:

And yes, I have supported the Blues since their inception, but not when they play my mob.

I want a Wynnum v B-V Qld Cup final. :D

The Partisan

Congratulations to all involved with the Brothers-Valleys return to the top flight RL comp in Qld. Look forward to getting in the zone at Zillmere where our backline will zip and zoom, our forwards play with zeal and zest and the supporters display a zeitgeist of joy, excitement and success !!!

By the way, what is the official 'nickname' of B-V these days ?

Big Tommy

Juniors
The Partisan

We could use you in our marketing department with alliteration like that.

I don't think it has ever been formalised as there probably has not been a need to do so before now - but BV have been called "the blues" over the past 2 years but I'd hardly say that has been in widespread usage.

mud n blood

Juniors
Zillmere Road runs off Sandgate road.

Kind of between Boondall and Toombul, pushing towards Geebung .... :?:

Thats pretty good for a southsider, surely ...... :roll:

The Partisan

Thanks Big Tommy, my English teacher of 1981 would be happy to see your compliment.

Will the club now have to settle on a formal nickname to satisfy the massive advertising and marketing machine that is the QRL.? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might pay to delve into some Irish history to find some tribal / military name that can incorporate a diehard spirit. Then again what were those guys at Eureaka called ? Mostly Irish and resisted to the end.

David Brent

Juniors
O'Callaghan Park isn't too far away from the railway station at Zillmere.

Zillmere Station would have to be the most derelict station on the northside. You can just about bet that when someone gets on at Zillmere, they look and smell as though they've just emerged from the sewers.

For the record, the top 5 seediest, dodgiest stations north of Brisbane would have to be:

1. Zillmere
2. Toombul
3. Strathpine
4. Bowen Hills
5. Brunswick St

(Morayfield, Burpengary and Caboolture were not included as they are accepted as dirt already).

When scoping those who get on at Zillmere, Toombul and Strathpine, watch for an avalanche of oft-pregnant, scantily clad, tattooed, cork-heel wearing skanks to emerge. These girls idolise Pamela Anderson, especially for her her energy and guile in such performances as Pam & Tommy: The Spa Scene. Then you have the guys. You're dealing with the real dubious here. These are the type who believe dressing and behaving like Eminem is actually cool. This calibre of male and female are generally attracted to one another, and can often be seen coupling. What a graceful, cultured pair they make, too.

At Bowen Hills, the council workers come out in force, which isn't so much a problem, until they start breathing. These guys don't know what tooth-brushes are. They talk about on-the-spot fines for eating or drinking on a train. Well, I think it's time on-the-spot fines were introduced for council workers who decide to breath. I'm talking 300 bux too. Double it. And yawning? Sorry fellas, but that's the equivalent of murder. The council worker's standard 4pm yawn is like the Hiroshima of all yawns. It's a crime against humanity. Bring back the death penalty, I say.

As for Brunswick St, well, if you get on here, you can be one of only two things:

1. An Asian
2. A dirty big homosexual.

'Nuff said.

Latest posts