What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brownie signs with Huddersfield

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It worked for me. If you got an error message, try again. There's a few dogs in the the line tonight.

Edit: I see you've got it. :thumn

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Plenty coming down the line now, and a little more info.

Nathan Brown signs on as Huddersfield coach

UK club Huddersfield Giants have signed St George Illawarra Dragons head coach Nathan Brown to a three-year deal.

Brown, 34, is contracted with the Dragons in the National Rugby League until the end of the 2008 season. He will be joining the engage Super League club prior to the 2009 season.

A former hooker with the Dragons, Brown was forced into retirement in early 2001 season following a back and neck injury which revealed an unrelated congenital problem with his spinal chord.

He later became a lower grade coach for the Dragons and led his Jersey Flegg side to 2002 minor premiers and runners-up.

Brown's career received a huge boost when he was appointed first grade coach in 2003, thus becoming the NRL's youngest ever head coach.

He was told earlier this year that he will be replaced by current Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett in 2009, thereby ending his six-year stint where he guided the Dragons to finals appearances in 2004, 2005 and 2006.

Brown was given the top job at the Giants ahead of fellow Australians Royce Simmons and Steve Folkes.

Huddersfield assistant coaches Keiron Purtill and Paul Anderson have been in charge since former coach Jon Sharp was sacked following the club's 48-0 defeat to Catalans six weeks ago.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=16627

Last edited:

Russo

Juniors
Goodluck browny and all the best, hope you do well next year and lets hope we send you off on a good note this season :)

j0nesy

Bench
I'm happy for Brownie, he's a top bloke, has never publicly stuck the boot in to the club, the fans, or anyone for that matter. Brownie is a decent coach and continues to improve with each season. I wish Brownie all the best.

drake

First Grade
Good luck to Browny. Poor bastard will think Huddersfield is San Francisco 1969 after the harranguings we've given him.

Maybe he'll be posting here, abusing what Benny's doing to his beloved Saints next year?

redVpride

Juniors
Good luck to Browny. Poor bastard will think Huddersfield is San Francisco 1969 after the harranguings we've given him.

Maybe he'll be posting here, abusing what Benny's doing to his beloved Saints next year?
:lol: i hope not but yeah good luck 2 him hope he goes well seems 2 be a pretty genuine bloke. after all hes been thru as much and more as we have over the yrs and tears

Latest posts