What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brownlow Medal

Dougie

Juniors
Who do you lot think will win the Brownlow medal this year?

I’ve got $5 on Jason Johnson at the healthy odds of $321 – which if he does win will net me a tidy $1600 profit!

Dougie

Juniors
Wanganeen is a chance for sure....but Goodes, i dont think his form has been consistent enough to get enough votes to win....just my opinion though - im likely to be wrong ;)

Cupid Stunt

I dont think Goodes will win it either but he is a decent long shot. If not Wanga then definitly Tredrea.

Hell give it to anyone except Bucks, Voss or Akker... :p

meltiger

First Grade
Wanga or the Adelaide captain,

Buckley is unlikely, he mouths off to the umps too often. Would be a deserved winner if he can take it home though after his season.

meltiger

First Grade
Dougie said:
Wanganeen is a chance for sure....but Goodes, i dont think his form has been consistent enough to get enough votes to win....just my opinion though - im likely to be wrong ;)

Goodes polls three votes in 5-6 games.... only needs a few 2 to potentially take it home.

Dougie

Juniors
meltiger said:
Dougie said:

Goodes polls three votes in 5-6 games.... only needs a few 2 to potentially take it home.

Hird has more chance of taking it home than Goodes. He was BOG in more games than Goodes....

besides, Goodes is overated...

meltiger

First Grade
Dougie said:
meltiger said:
Dougie said:

Hird has more chance of taking it home than Goodes. He was BOG in more games than Goodes....

LOL

Doesn't matter whether he is over rated or not... Matters whether he stood out to the Umpies, Hird suffers the same "He's always expected to play that well" curse that Bucks does ;-)

Dougie

Juniors
meltiger said:
Dougie said:
meltiger said:
Dougie said:

LOL

Doesn't matter whether he is over rated or not... Matters whether he stood out to the Umpies, Hird suffers the same "He's always expected to play that well" curse that Bucks does ;-)

In the matches i've had to put up with of Sydneys (which means all of them, as Channel 10 shows all of them live here in Syd..... :evil: ) Goodes has only stood out in 1 or 2 of the matches.....he was brilliant against Adeliade, and against Port Adelaide....but they are the only two that stand out to me...

CyberKev

Staff member
Well, its tragic luck for Dougie the Pizza Boy with Johnson failing (not surprisingly) to salute and Goodes getting a share of the spoils.

I don't know where you're getting this idea that Goodes is overrated. There's scarcely a hotter commodity in the game right now and rightly so... Brownlow, Norwich Rising Star, All-Australian... The young fellow is a gun, much to my surprise having seen him amble along adequately with the North Ballarat Rebels. He's a good story and a worthy winner.

Buckley is an even more worthy winner, of course, given his fine form over every year of the last decade. It won't make the Anti-Pie brigade happy, but few could argue that he hasn't earnt it.

Nice effort by Riccuito also. He took me by surprise, but the word from Adelaide was that he had put in a big one, and it was probably only that I hadn't seen a lot of Crow matches this season that didn't have him higher on my list of possible winners.

From a Hawk perspective it was disappointing to see Crawford miss out, but personally I felt that he's had better seasons than this one and I was surprised he got that close given his form downturn after injuring his back.

CyberKev