What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browny Slip Of The Tongue??

Fin077

Juniors
Your fearless leader appears to have slipped up and given away the battle plan on 2KY this morning.

Some of you may have heard it, but for those that didnt it seems Browny planned starting;

Hornby - 5/8
Head - Half
Barrett - Hooker
Gorrell - Bench

Who knows if he'll still run with this to start with, but what do you guys think about the re-shuffle to start the game? Do you prefer it, or the way last week panned out with Head off the bench?

Father Ted

First Grade
Fin077 said:
Your fearless leader appears to have slipped up and given away the battle plan on 2KY this morning.

Some of you may have heard it, but for those that didnt it seems Browny planned starting;

Hornby - 5/8
Head - Half
Barrett - Hooker
Gorrell - Bench

Who knows if he'll still run with this to start with, but what do you guys think about the re-shuffle to start the game? Do you prefer it, or the way last week panned out with Head off the bench?

My dear fellow your fearless leader appears to have been sacked . People in glass house's

Fin077

Juniors
My dear fellow your fearless leader appears to have been sacked . People in glass house's

:lol: It's a happy day isn't it!! He wasnt much of a leader to be honest though.:lol:

That however is not what this thread is about. Its to get an opinion from a group of people who watch this side week in, week out, on how they see such a move.

No need to be defensive. I'm not here to stir.

Father Ted

First Grade
Fin077 said:
:lol: It's a happy day isn't it!! He wasnt much of a leader to be honest though.:lol:

That however is not what this thread is about. Its to get an opinion from a group of people who watch this side week in, week out, on how they see such a move.

No need to be defensive. I'm not here to stir.

Okay then I'd have to say that every man and his dog knows what we are going to do . I think we have a pretty good idea what they are going to do . It all comes down to who does it best .

borat

Bench
Its hardly a revelation is it. Barrett has played Hooker for large parts of the previous 2 games, just this time he might be starting there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nevertheless, have to laugh at the irony. To see a sharks supporter thinking our coach has slipped up. lol
By the way, where's Jimbo nowadays?

Steel Dragon

Bench
Seriously Fin - fair question.

Who knows if that is actually how they will run out? Coaches are notoriously known for last minute changes (Brian Smith anyone?!!?)

Personally i think its better bringing Head off the bench.
Gorrell is a bit tougher and will match the Storm forwards when they fire early. After 30 or so mins when the initial impact has worn off, Bring Head on, let him add another attacking dimension to the game, shift Baz to hooker, let him run riot through the forwards.

To start as you suggested would mean that the 'surprise' of Heads attack would be lost, and essentially all Gorrell would bringing off the bench is a more solid defence (and dubious, of late, goal kicking abilities)

That being said, I think Gorrell is a great player, just not as creative and influential as Head, and I think Head provides more impact coming into the game after a little while.

That is all.

Fin077

Juniors
Thanks for taking this one seriously Steel.

I see what you say and agree with injecting Head into the game at a later point once the "fire" has gone out of the game a little. I think what he brings to the side would be best utilised at this point.

As you also mentioned breifly, I was thinking maybe he intentionally let that one slip on the radio this morning to get people (i.e Bellamy and the Storm) thinking in two minds. If so, well done to him. I think it was well timed and should give Bellamy something to think about at 3am tonight ;-) .

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Browny can send them over the game plans for the whole match if he likes. It doesn't matter what he's put together as long as the 13 on the field do what they are supposed to and do it well we should be sweet. My brother-in-law is a Manly fan and we sat together last week. He described it as being involved in a slow motion car wreck, he could see it coming, knew it was going to hurt but couldn't do anything about it!

All I can say is watch out storm, your on the highway and the steamroller is coming your way next!

Sir Biffo

Bench
Barrett is only really effective at hooker when he's running at tired fowards. If he starts there, all he will be able to do is pass left or right, and lose his devastating running game.

Fin077

Juniors
I was impressed with the Dragons line speed in defence last week.

It reminded me of Melbourne's, so this game should be a cracker!

Father Ted

First Grade
Fin077 said:
I was impressed with the Dragons line speed in defence last week.

It reminded me of Melbourne's, so this game should be a cracker!

FIN , Any news yet on when you will sign Stuart ?

Steel Dragon

Bench
Father Ted said:
FIN , Any news yet on when you will sign Stuart ?

Stuart probably agreed to coach Sharks several weeks ago - but now Raper has been sacked, he wont wanna take over....

dragonfire

Bench
I dont like it, i havent seen any problems with the starting side in the last 2 weeks, I agree that we need Gorrell at the start as he is a good defensive player and that Barrett is better when the oppositions forwards are tired with good fast runs from dummy half. As well i think he may have stated this line up change just to play with Bellamy's head. If this was going to be the starting line up i would be interested to see how he rotates Gorrell onto the park, will he put Barrett into the lock role or will Head only play 25-30 minutes?

The Preacher

First Grade
Steel Dragon said:
Sorry mate - i guess im either colourblind - or i see the world through scarlet coloured glasses! :D

Force of habit

"Those old Illawarra eyes keep smiling" Might be able to get a good little tune going with that, Steel. :-({|= :alcho:

borat

Bench
If your Ricky Stuart would you be rushing in to coach the Sharks? I know he has had a couple of lean years at the Roosters but one look at the sharks cattle has career killer written all over it.

Latest posts